Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by WBZ144)
    You're hilarious if you think that a country with a population thick enough to elect Donald Trump will prosper.
    More so than countries/territories with electorates thick enough to elect the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    More so than countries/territories with electorates thick enough to elect the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas?
    What has that got to do with the post that I quoted?

What has that got to do with the post that I quoted?
    Nothing specifically, but the person you quoted made a point against Muslim-majority societies and Donald Trump's plans to restrict immigration from these (although he got it muddled with the issue of illegal immigration at the Mexico border), and you responded by saying that a country that elects Trump will not prosper and that anyone who thinks that is 'hilarious.'

I was asking whether you think that that is more hilarious than the idea that societies that vote Islamist parties into power are likely to prosper. It seems much too hyperbolic to imply an equivalence between the two, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Nothing specifically, but the person you quoted made a point against Muslim-majority societies and Donald Trump's plans to restrict immigration from these (although he got it muddled with the issue of illegal immigration at the Mexico border), and you responded by saying that a country that elects Trump will not prosper and that anyone who thinks that is 'hilarious.'

I was asking whether you think that that is more hilarious than the idea that societies that vote Islamist parties into power are likely to prosper. It seems much too hyperbolic to imply an equivalence between the two, I think.
    But that's still irrelevant, since no one even mentioned those countries or commented on how great it is that they elected Islamist parties into power as the poster I quoted did with Trump. Oddly enough Donald Trump has his fanbase on this forum. I like to make the point that such people are delusional and not very bright if they think that electing him as President of the world's most powerful nation would be anything but disastrous when I happen come across one of them.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by OneandOnly123)
    spot on, if they actually go to some of them countries in asia and middle east, most of the girls their nowadays are actually dressed like the european girls, there are a less and less girls covering themselves in most of the countries in the middle east and asia.. some people have no idea what they are talking about and make stupid assumptions without knowing a thing.
    Which isn't a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    It isn't just countries in Asia or Africa, even muslims in the West (especially Europe) are becoming more and more extreme, especially compared to 40-50 years ago. Just look at TSR, so many on here are very candid with their extreme opinions that are the complete opposite of anything resembling democracy, freedom , human rights or the 21st century.
    In the West the most conservative Muslims are aided and abated by the left, any form of criticism is not only not given by leftist parties but additionally shouted down and used as an attack method if other parties dare to question to usage of such clothes.

ReputationRep:
    But that's still irrelevant, since no one even mentioned those countries or commented on how great it is that they elected Islamist parties into power as the poster I quoted did with Trump. Oddly enough Donald Trump has his fanbase on this forum. I like to make the point that such people are delusional and not very bright if they think that electing him as President of the world's most powerful nation would be anything but disastrous when I happen come across one of them.
    Quick question, how many multi-billion dollar companies do you run?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    I find it ironic that as a male, you are projecting your own feelings of what the veil is onto the people that choose to wear them, in an effort to curtail and subvert their choices.
    If people choose to wear it, then good for them. I'm not dictating what they should do. What I'm saying is that the veil is a sign of oppression, regardless of whether women choose to wear it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Quick question, how many multi-billion dollar companies do you run?
    Also irrelevant, as I am not a presidential candidate and running a country is fundamentally different to running a company/companies.

ReputationRep:
    Also irrelevant, as I am not a presidential candidate and running a country is fundamentally different to running a company/companies.
    So that's none then

I also take It you have no experience of running a country either.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stump the trump

2016 build the wall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    So that's none then

I also take It you have no experience of running a country either.
    Yes, and?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and?
    Then you are talking from a lack of experience and knowledge and your doing this to attack someone because you disagree with them

Rather petty really and rather childish.

ReputationRep:
    Then you are talking from a lack of experience and knowledge and your doing this to attack someone because you disagree with them

if people can't talk and voice opinion it's a dictatorship moron
    it's already happen though, censorship everywhere
    so much for freedom of speech

ReputationRep:

Is that so?

In that case, don't criticise any politicians or heads of state, as you do not have experience running a country or doing their jobs. If you do then you are petty and childish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrickstarfish)
    if people can't talk and voice opinion it's a dictatorship moron
    it's already happen though, censorship everywhere
    so much for freedom of speech
    It's OK to talk and voice an opinion but when it is formed out of ignorance it can easily be ignored

She thinks because she has been to a few different countries (hers is a failure) she has the right to level criticism at Americans for the choice they are FREE to make (but one she disagree with as it's not in the immigrants favor)

But yes Freedom of speech is important as in this case here (she's free to be ignorant and I'm free to call her out for it)

ReputationRep:
    Is that so?

In that case, don't criticise any politicians or heads of state, as you do not have experience running a country or doing their jobs. If you do then you are petty and childish.
    Yes that's right

I've never done either (but do have workplace experience of running a team of people so perhaps I can speak from a position of more knowledge than you)

ReputationRep:
    you are slave to the government, son. slave.

ReputationRep:
    It's OK to talk and voice an opinion but when it is formed out of ignorance it can easily be ignored

She thinks because she has been to a few different countries (hers is a failure) she has the right to level criticism at Americans for the choice they are FREE to make (but one she disagree with as it's not in the immigrants favor)

But yes Freedom of speech is important as in this case here (she's free to be ignorant and I'm free to call her out for it)
    Something which you failed to do.

If you feel like someone's opinion is wrong and you disagree with it, you respond to it.

If you feel like they lack the necessary information which you possess, then you educate them.

What is reprehensible and utterly idiotic is you telling a person that they cannot express a view, because they are not qualified enough, and simultaneously, you refuse to even explicitly state your position or offer anything contrary.

You choose to bully and intimidate people and their right to freedom of speech by telling them that they are not qualified, in an effort to get them to stop posting statements which you have clearly taken issue with.

Next time you come across a post which you feel the person is not qualified to make, you either educate them (if you feel your opinion holds more weight) or you ignore them.

You do not badger them into shutting up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
    "There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.
    But there are Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia that force women to dress this way as it's part of the country's law. Even me who is a Christian, I couldn't walk about in Saudi without wearing an abaya. Women, foreign and local, must wear an abaya in public places or they could face serious punishments such as receiving multiple lashes on the back.
    Unless you're Michelle Obama (even she received backlash) there's no way in hell you have that decision in those countries i.e Saudi. I'm not saying all islamic countries are like this...Nigeria has become an Islamic state with it's current president but these laws are not enforced on it's citizens. There's no gender segregation where men and women are not allowed to sit together or even speak. If I didn't know people in Saudi, I would never go. I mean why would I? Being a woman in Saudi is difficult.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.