AQA A-Level French 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    When was pregnancy mentioned in the 2nd question? I thought it was that she was stabbed?
    And the en ligne one, I also got un victime algerien

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner248)
    For the third one, I didnt know the words, but i understood what they were saying so i put, 'il n'y a pas souvent du soleil'

Will i get the mark?
    I completely misspelt 'ensoleille' as I'd never heard the word before, but do you think I'd get a mark for putting something along those lines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LanguageLover234)
    anyone got the answers to the listening environment question - the one about Germany and renewable energy?? So far I've got:

- derniere centrale nucléaire fermera dans 8 ans
    - un quart
    - weird that germany funds solar energy because 'c'est un pays peu ensolleille'
    - both industries employ 100 000 people
    - 50%
    - 15 milliards euros
    - le prix d'electricite a augmente de 30%

I think I'm missing the second one (b) ????
    I put that the industries hire the same number of workers without mentioning 100,000 (despite hearing it). Do you think this will be okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowntreepenguin)
    I put that the industries hire the same number of workers without mentioning 100,000 (despite hearing it). Do you think this will be okay?
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LanguageLover234)
    anyone got the answers to the listening environment question - the one about Germany and renewable energy?? So far I've got:

- derniere centrale nucléaire fermera dans 8 ans
    - un quart
    - weird that germany funds solar energy because 'c'est un pays peu ensolleille'
    - both industries employ 100 000 people
    - 50%
    - 15 milliards euros
    - le prix d'electricite a augmente de 30%

I think I'm missing the second one (b) ????
    I think the un quart said what percentage, i remember writing un quart then i put 25% next to it.
    And I missed out the third one! Was going to come back to it but I ran out of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ucsvle)
    The army of other countries used it, the dog doesn't have to come to the lab, they cloned dogs for the police, the scientists was Korean, the scientist had cloned embryos and the scientist had responded to the government and helped him (not sure if this last one is correct and even if it was an option but other 5 I'm confident on)
    Thank you! I did better than I thought on that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    i said F
    I said F too

ReputationRep:
    No
    No? That's really frustrating because I heard it said. I thought because it was a one mark answer you would only need 'one fact' to answer the question, and the reason they're similar is because they hire the same number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avocadomash)
    When was pregnancy mentioned in the 2nd question? I thought it was that she was stabbed?
    Yeah I put poignarde for sure I thought it was that

ReputationRep:
    No
    Yes the key word is autant! It just said a comparison not actual numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avocadomash)
    It said 'une jeune femme, enceinte de trois mois' or something like that?

And I thought that originally, but then I think I heard the word 'drapeau algerien' and something about defacing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowntreepenguin)
    No? That's really frustrating because I heard it said. I thought because it was a one mark answer you would only need 'one fact' to answer the question, and the reason they're similar is because they hire the same number.
    I agree, the point wasn't about hearing what number of employees they had, but hearing the next bit about it being the same for the windfarm place as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmyJ14)
    It said 'une jeune femme, enceinte de trois mois' or something like that?

And I thought that originally, but then I think I heard the word 'drapeau algerien' and something about defacing it
    oh no 2 marks gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner248)
    For the third one, I didnt know the words, but i understood what they were saying so i put, 'il n'y a pas souvent du soleil'

Will i get the mark?
    yes I'm sure you will! It still carries the same sense so I couldn't see why not

ReputationRep:
    No
    I definitely think you'll get the mark, I think they were looking for the 'comparison made between the two industries' and if you identified that they employ the same number of people then you answered the question

ReputationRep:
    What was the question with 'eteindre'? Everyone on twitter saying they conjugated it wrongly - but i cant even remember it! What was the exact q someone please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiehaddad)
    What was the question with 'eteindre'? Everyone on twitter saying they conjugated it wrongly - but i cant even remember it! What was the exact q someone please?
    it was something like to turn off the light.. but I thought it was supposed to be in the infinitive.. so i’m unsure why everyone was conjugating it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolarosi)
    it was something like to turn off the light.. but I thought it was supposed to be in the infinitive.. so i’m unsure why everyone was conjugating it
    in order to save energy, we must turn off the light in a room or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiehaddad)
    I think it was something along the lines of 'you can save energy by turning off the light when you leave a room', or something to that effect...

I put 'en éteignant' as I thought it should be in the present participle

ReputationRep:
    How will you scale the exam?

1 couldn't have been easier
    2 nothing whatsoever was challenging
    3 easy paper
    4 easy paper whilst still making us think
    5 normal standard paper
    6 normal standard paper, whilst making us think
    7 hard paper
    8 very hard
    9 extremely difficulty
    10 couldn't have been harder
    6 or 7 i'd say.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.