The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Yeah we just need to start taking the chances because it's ridiculous how many we create but then miss. When Bristol get chances they take them and that's the difference between the points. I would seriously make a bid for arouna Kone from Everton, he seems like he won't play that much now and is a pretty underrated striker who can play on the deck and has good movement. He would be better than ayew in that position or could go up top or on as one of a front 3. I keep remembering that game v Wigan in 2012/2013 when he ripped us a new one. He shouldn't cost the earth either
Yeah it is far too soon to have a go at the manager, if we are still down there in the new year then maybe it is a different story but if we get a couple wins then it will be a whole different picture, there will be some funny results this season.
King Kozak bagged a hattrick for the under 23's today. I know it's a far cry from the rigours of the league, but I hope he comes good and gets fit again because he did have a knack for being in the right place at the right time
I can't imagine he was the striker the Dr. was referring to a while back, i'm not sure things went exactly to plan, but we've now got two of last season top goalscorers in this league, alongside Rudy who bagged 20+ a couple of seasons ago. We can't complain.

He's more mobile than Rudy/Kozak, offers something different, and it'll allow McCormack to play in his current position behind the striker where he's best suited.

Think we might get at least one, possibly two more players in before the deadline. It's been a solid window overall. Most of last season's losers out, a good mix of experience and exciting young players coming in. Let's hope it all clicks.
Hope i hope it works well for him here, he will hassle the defence a bit more and run in behind which we need.
Well we now have three forwards who have scored 20 plus goals in this league before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope we can get adomah over the line.....seems xia announced it when the official paperwork hadn't been done and Boro are constituting it as being tapped up. He will be more consistent and less injury hit then Adama
Well it's pretty much done, possibility that Adama may be going the other way.
Well all done 9 in and almost all the rubbish cleared out a pretty good window on paper.

All we really missed was a creative central midfielder

Posted from TSR Mobile
happy with that transfer window on the face of things. steve round been appointed technical director.
Getting there step by step, be an interesting game against Nottingham Forest next weekend.
Original post by Rock Fan
Getting there step by step, be an interesting game against Nottingham Forest next weekend.

Yep two new players and 2 weeks of training

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't wait for this weekend. I feel we are going to give Forest a right good bumming.
that will be good. Lord Nicklas Bendtner is going to grace the field with his prescence too. got a feeling one of the new lads will get a goal and adomah will have a solid game, leaving sceptical fans satisfied with his pedigree in this league.
So Blues won again. They are going to be up there this season I think.
We need to watch out for Scott hogan on Wednesday night. Brighton are a decent team and got beat 2-0 today so I'm sure they will be pumped up coming to villa park. 2 wins from 2 needed villa please
Is Tish back for tomorrow?
He was a doubt and not much else has been said tbh....think Gardner might be played in his place

Quick Reply

Latest