The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by defenestrated
do not trust anyone on here all their b1 predictions were wrong

as soon as i saw the paper you could kinda see through it and i saw the multiple choice question and read 'NICOTINE' and almost DIED because that meant the 6 marker wont be on drugs and now im a master of drugs

aqa thinks 15 yr olds are pissheads yh

sfe
Original post by InneRs
There is no dominant gene, it's dominant allele. I'm afraid you might lose mark for talking about dominant

****, is it negative marking? I did mention allele not gene in the actual paper tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ahmed74
I swear that's right?

I got that aswell
Reply 283
cx in the chat lads
(edited 7 years ago)
I swear 80% of that paper was not in the spec...
the june 2012 boundaries are GOALS

i've lost 6 marks for definite already :afraid:

I wouldn't be that scared tbh, considering the highest the grade boundaries have been out of the past 3 years was 47 for an A*. That means you can afford to lose 13 marks and still get an A* assuming that the grade boundaries don't go any higher.
Reply 286
Original post by AbdulThePotato
All I know is that if we get the same style of exams like this for our Chem and Phy, where they don't even mention any main topics and give stupidly worded questions. We are f**ked

True :frown:
Original post by Adzkii786
I wrote about taste as it had said "type"

what do you mean you wrote about 'taste'?
Original post by Adzkii786
I put data was continious for the scatter graph question? Was I right?

I wrote that
Please tell me someone wrote about micro-organisms digesting the decaying grass? And how they respire so the carbon dioxide levels increase?
Reply 290
Could an answer for the temperature sensor vs thermometer be that 'the temperature is recorded automatically with a temperature sensor and data logger rather than thermometer'?
Original post by habeeb_00
I'm relatively sure it mentioned boys and girls in the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It did, it said to compare the types of alcoholic drink, for the boys and girls. But I thought the boldness of the word type emphasised that you spoke about the boys and girls together when comparing the different drinks?
the june 2012 boundaries are GOALS

i've lost 6 marks for definite already :afraid:

What were they? :K:

I think we both need to stop looking at the answers on here.. :getmecoat:
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
For the sense organ one would eyes be okay?

It said in the question that any sense organ in the head is connected to the brain so I don't think eyes are right. The question asked for a sense organ connected to the spinal cord which is skin
Original post by M451
0.67% I'm pretty sure

I rounded up to 0.7%. o-0
Reply 295
Original post by Ishan_2000
Was the very final question about Lichen or Invertebrates? I'm pretty sure lichen is a plant, not an animal? And what is another way to measure water pollution then!

I wrote mayfly larvae
Tbh I don't think I'm even going to bother revising anymore for Chemistry Unit 1 if it's anything like B1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hardest b1 paper I've ever had
Original post by charliej2802
Anyone else get 0.67%???

Yep.

Although I was talking to some people who got 66.7%, however they probably accidentally times by 100 twice (I did that initially).
Original post by Daddyhughes111
I swear 80% of that paper was not in the spec...

Yes, it wasn't a bio paper. Where were all the typical questions gone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending