Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tropojanja)
    No joke, i did half a page of working out for a 6 mark question and i got zero for forgetting to divide by two. Honestly.

Anyone have their stories to tell about exam mistakes?
    In my history exam I forgot to write the purpose of my last 6 mark question and lost 1 mark out of 60, however this mistake was fine because I scored 59 out of 60 therefore I still got maximum UMS and grade possible but I hope to not make this mistake again as I will hopefully doing A level history and then a degree in law, the most common mistakes I make in maths is in the algebra questions because in my opinion they are really easy however at times I rush through them and obviously form an error.
    For maths: I usually start at the back of the paper, get the hard questions out the way and then do the easy questions, as it focuses my mind into not rushing but calm state so I tend to finish the paper on time, no-where in the exam it will say where to start, invigilators occasionally say "If you cannot do a question or struggle to then move on to another question and go back to that question at the end", at times they say this because other questions can help you with that certain question such as giving you a formula.
    As students have noticed on the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A the questions are ordered in a different order, when I sat the exam I had noticed the questions went easy,hard.easy,hard,easy,hard etc, so therefore this examination should be done how you want to do it.

ReputationRep:
    i wrote 10 marks worth of answers for a 20 marker, walked out of the exam hall with 20 minutes left :/

ReputationRep:
    half way through the exam and forgot what exam i was doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tropojanja)
    No joke, i did half a page of working out for a 6 mark question and i got zero for forgetting to divide by two. Honestly.

Anyone have their stories to tell about exam mistakes?
    I forgot to read the question properly... *walks away*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't write a letter when i should have in English Lit ;;-;;

ReputationRep:
    In history (nazi germany) yesterday I wrote about the emergency decree instead of the enabling act four marks down the drain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glaci)
    Didn't write a letter when i should have in English Lit ;;-;;
    Don't worry I know SO many people who did that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arvin Bhambra)
    half way through the exam and forgot what exam i was doing

this made me laugh

on my exam i had to write the teachers name and i stopped briefly to remember who my teacher was

ReputationRep:
    For my general studies AS, I was told to write an essay on fracking. i wrote 7 pages on cracking.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who threw up during an exam.

ReputationRep:
    There was a question in the C2 or C3 today which said "what salt is produced from nitric acid and ammonium?"
    I put ammoniumic acid. Yes. Ammoniumic acid.
    I didn't even realise until the end.

Oh, and in my General Studies GCSE paper today, I was asked to discuss the idea that we are safer in the UK, and I went on an anecdotal story for 4 pages about some guy called Pete being sexually assaulted by someone, but because he's a male, he was treated differently.
    I became so zoned out that I didn't even notice that they said to put pens down.
    I feel sorry for the examiner; the invigilator took it off me, with my last word being "raped".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I remember my friend wrote 'nobel pizzas' instead of nobel gases

ReputationRep:
    I wrote my first name in the surname box and then nothing was in capitals so the front of my paper looked a mess 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Je t'aime rather than J'aime, so many times lol

ReputationRep:
    Spelt my name wrong:/ had to get a new paper in GCSE exam

ReputationRep:
    Physics mock at GCSE in Year 11

The question was about the name of the process when water goes from ice to water.
    Completely forgot the word melting, so just answered:
    Liquefying

My teacher brought it up to the whole class :facepalm:
    needless to say i didn't get the mark :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kulsum1)
    Spelt my name wrong:/ had to get a new paper in GCSE exam
    I did that too!

ReputationRep:
    i said that hormones travel through the nerves in GCSE biology xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    In English igcse exam this year, I signed off question one writing love from and then my own name
    Half my class did exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    I was a physics gcse and I came to a question where I had to draw a ray of light and I drew it in pen and I made a mistake... 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.