Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't 10 bc when calculating the conc of Br2 you had to use the moles of Br- since that was not in excess... Sadly I used the excess bromate ions moles so I got 10 too T_T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephinemar25)
    No it was a partial hydrolysis that only broke one amide bond
    Why was it partial hydrolysis? I don't remember reading that?!?! I drew 3 molecules and also I'm 90% sure the question was 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    I knew the rate equation was familiar...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    This was such a nice paper compared with last years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    Grade boundaries should be around 56 for an A. That's not unreasonable considering the paper Look at how many of the questions had not come up before in any way shape or form. First time I've seen cold drawing, First time I've seen 10marks worth of maths in one question (bromine number). First time recrystallisation has ever been 3 marks. First time heterogeneous catalysis has been asked. First time that we have been asked to show something is in excess.First time that I've seen a 5 mark question on rusting iron and been given 3 lines to put it on. It's an absolute disgrace of a paper and some action will have to be taken if the grade boundaries do not reflect it's difficulty. OCR if you are reading this then its not to say go and make F335 easy to make up for your questions. Make it like you do every year, so that those who work hard get what they deserve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spot on. I can't agree more. Absolutely no resemblance to past papers... even the "easy" questions were harder than usual. More application of knowledge than any other paper I've done by a long way. I hope the grade boundaries will be rock bottom but I doubt they'll be that low unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Tank 2 for Solution a? Tank 1 for B?

ReputationRep:
    Why is trypsin preferred over bromate (v)? I put because bromate produces bromine which is toxic and trypsin doesnt get used up so is cost effective. Probably all wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dickbutt)
    Yeah I've seen everyone else got 7 too. How did you do it?
    99% sure 7 was right @alice

ReputationRep:
    The question was 3 marks so I'm pretty sure 3 molecules?! That's what I put anyway
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    OH FFSSSS
    losing so many marks........................... ..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyfrancis97)
    Is it just me that found this paper ridiculously hard? So frustrating. Anyone else not answer the calculation either?
    I couldn't do half the paper! all I wanted was a B calculations were awful :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephinemar25)
    I did it the other way round, did the two on the right but could easily be wrong
    Can't both options be right? As part of the marks would be for recognising that only one was broken?

ReputationRep:
    I was targeting an E in this paper to get a C overall, think that dream is over now though, stuck with my D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbertoMerckx)
    Do you mean tank 1 for Fe ions and tank 2 for Cr ions? Bc thats what i put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzie97)
    BrO3- was in excess, wasn't it? So You had to use the moles of Br- to calculate the moles of Br2 (by dividing by 5 and multiplying by 3). I'm not 100% sure but that is what I did.
    Oh crap ur right :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbertoMerckx)
    Iron was in tank 1 because it was a positive electrode

ReputationRep:
    mandem, what did you man get for 3 marker apparantly bare man are saying zwitterion was formed COS it was neutralised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo.sat)
    Do you mean tank 1 for Fe ions and tank 2 for Cr ions? Bc thats what i put
    Yeh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo.sat)
    Why is trypsin preferred over bromate (v)? I put because bromate produces bromine which is toxic and trypsin doesnt get used up so is cost effective. Probably all wrong
    I think this one has to do with trypsin being an enzyme. So advantages associated with enzymes as catalysts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B50les)
    Can't both options be right? As part of the marks would be for recognising that only one was broken?
    it said that the trypsin only breaks that specific amide link so i dont think both would be right

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the first 5 marker on enzymes and substrates?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.