The Student Room Group

Arsey's solutions

Scroll to see replies

Here's a suggestion then.
This is fair for all.

I don't mind now that Arsey isn't posting solutions as they aren't released to students.

Why doesn't he write his model solutions to all the papers on April 1st 2017 when EdExcel release all the 2016 series?

That way, EdExcel are happy and we can still be provided some resources.
Original post by nwmyname
Here's a suggestion then.
This is fair for all.

I don't mind now that Arsey isn't posting solutions as they aren't released to students.

Why doesn't he write his model solutions to all the papers on April 1st 2017 when EdExcel release all the 2016 series?

That way, EdExcel are happy and we can still be provided some resources.

tt'll be useless, pretty much.
Original post by SeanFM
tt'll be useless, pretty much.

They will be slightly of course, but the mark scheme is rubbish. Badly written and shows little evidence of consistency or understanding of method.

ExamSolutions posts the video solution to each exam of the recent series individually before each exam a day before - quite inconvenient if you have back-to-back exams.

Some people won't have the time to wait for video solutions.
Also, some model solutions have mistakes and aren't checked, or use bad methods.

It's a win-win for all.
We got a year for that to happen anyway if Arsey chooses to write the solutions when they come out in April next year.

He'd have a year to write them, which helps him too. No pressure to deliver them.

You agree, @SeanFM ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nwmyname
They will be slightly of course, but the mark scheme is rubbish. Badly written and shows little evidence of consistency or understanding of method.

ExamSolutions posts the video solution to each exam of the recent series individually before each exam a day before - quite inconvenient if you have back-to-back exams.

Some people won't have the time to wait for video solutions.
Also, some model solutions have mistakes and aren't checked, or use bad methods.

It's a win-win for all.
We got a year for that to happen anyway if Arsey chooses to write the solutions when they come out in April next year.

He'd have a year to write them, which helps him too. No pressure to deliver them.

You agree, @SeanFM ?

The (newer) mark schemes are definitely not rubbish, for many questions they contain various methods and approaches. They are actually quite detailed in which mark is awarded and where. I don't think Arsey's intentions for his solutions were to aid in people's revision, people used them simply to count the marks they got in an exam they literally just sat.

Physics and Maths tutor also does model answers for every paper (at least the ones that Arsey has not done) so I'd imagine he will do them as soon as the papers are either available to him or publicly.

If students still do not understand how to approach a question, it's not exactly hard to make a thread or post on the relevant thread for that exam...Obviously if they know about Arsey's solutions then they will know about TSR and presumably how to use it.

Arsey not making solutions isn't the end of the world. It's just an inconvenience.
Original post by TajwarC
The (newer) mark schemes are definitely not rubbish, for many questions they contain various methods and approaches. They are actually quite detailed in which mark is awarded and where. I don't think Arsey's intentions for his solutions were to aid in people's revision, people used them simply to count the marks they got in an exam they literally just sat.

Physics and Maths tutor also does model answers for every paper (at least the ones that Arsey has not done) so I'd imagine he will do them as soon as the papers are either available to him or publicly.

If students still do not understand how to approach a question, it's not exactly hard to make a thread or post on the relevant thread for that exam...Obviously if they know about Arsey's solutions then they will know about TSR and presumably how to use it.

Arsey not making solutions isn't the end of the world. It's just an inconvenience.

Physics maths tutor doesnt make his own solutions for brand new papers, he just distributes the ones on TSR including Arsey ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
Original post by physicsmaths
Physics maths tutor doesnt make his own solutions for brand new papers, he just distributes the ones on TSR including Arsey ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a problem with physics maths tutor. He uses the website to advertise his tutoring and charges £130 for a day course for entry to medicine, which is not even useful. I don't think anything on his site is original and he's making money off of Arsey and Edexcel (also solomon) albeit indirectly. Edexcel have 0 problem with that but when it comes to Arsey posting solutions its the end of the world.
Thanks, Arsey. Finished my A-Levels a while back but your solutions were invaluable.
Damn, so I'm not going to know how bad I do tomorrow in C3?
Reply 288
Original post by JustAPye

someone will post a c3 solution
Original post by JustAPye

Someone should post a solution to this; I'm not sure why D1/M2 ones weren't posted, but C3 and C4 are extremely important for maths students, and I'm sure people would appreciate solutions much more than D1 and M2.
Thank you so much for everything Arsey, you are a legend:adore::angelwings:
Arsey how did you find C3 and C4?
Original post by Arsey

Thoughts on C3 and C4.....
rip arsey
C1 answers will be uploaded by me stay tuned
They can stop one of us.

But they cant stop all of us. :')

What can they do? sue us all for copyright infringement?

ha, think not.

There is already another thread called " *UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME* Edexcel Maths C1 2017 ".
Reply 296
A set of solutions have been uploaded to YouTube already today.
do you haVe any helpful materials for IAL D1 ??

Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:

d

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending