Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelly432)
    But if everyone found it easy wouldn't they increase the grade boundaries.
    They wouldn't, I mean more than 50 thousands students signed the petition saying that the exams are hard and should lower the boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukey0071)
    They wouldn't, I mean more than 50 thousands students signed the petition saying that the exams are hard and should lower the boundaries
    i never knew about this, so 50,000 student signed a petition in our yr so our grade boundaries go low.

ReputationRep:
    i never knew about this, so 50,000 student signed a petition in our yr so our grade boundaries go low.
    I will send you a link

ReputationRep:
    But petitions literally don't do anything. It's a waste of time. There have been so many petitions in previous years and nothing has ever happened. The only exception I can make was last year with Hannah's sweets but it got onto the news and was literally everywhere.
    I'm on the boundary of an A/A* due to poor time management and I am freaking out! I got 167 if I strictly marked both the papers. So hopefully it's 165 for an A* which might not be likely so not sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, 40 thousands students
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/l...excel-paper-1h

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    But petitions literally don't do anything. It's a waste of time. There have been so many petitions in previous years and nothing has ever happened. The only exception I can make was last year with Hannah's sweets but it got onto the news and was literally everywhere.
    I'm on the boundary of an A/A* due to poor time management and I am freaking out! I got 167 if I strictly marked both the papers. So hopefully it's 165 for an A* which might not be likely so not sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you will get an A* just hope the grade boundaries stay the same or decrease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, but I am amazed how easy the questions were in the 2015 exam and the grade boundaries are so low, I mean for A = 125 marks!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you will get an A* just hope the grade boundaries stay the same or decrease.
    Let's pray!!

ReputationRep:
    In comparison with papers from the previous years,

165-167 for an A*.

Though many people said they found the non-calculator paper hard, the calculator one was relatively easy. I lost quite a few marks due to silly mistakes (the worst was probably 50/5 = 5) so I predict I got 163/164 with the two papers combined.

It's so frustrating when you do so well in mocks but mess up the real one!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, 40 thousands students
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/l...excel-paper-1h
    thank you.Lets hope they consider the petition.

ReputationRep:
    thank you.Lets hope they consider the petition.
    I looked on an article and it said "others students signed the petition and the Edexcel lower the grade boundaries to treat them fairly."
    This happens last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    In comparison with papers from the previous years,

165-167 for an A*.

Though many people said they found the non-calculator paper hard, the calculator one was relatively easy. I lost quite a few marks due to silly mistakes (the worst was probably 50/5 = 5) so I predict I got 163/164 with the two papers combined.

It's so frustrating when you do so well in mocks but mess up the real one!
    I didn't go well in the mock exams but in the real ones, I did goo well but can I get A*?????
    I got around 162 to 167 marks

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go well in the mock exams but in the real ones, I did goo well but can I get A*?????
    I got around 162 to 167 marks
    Possibly. I mean, 163 or below spells an end to A*.

ReputationRep:
    What do u mean by low, lower than last years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kareem213)
    What do u mean by low, lower than last years
    I am not saying that it's should be lower but we predict that it's should stay the same or little bit higher like 3 marks.
    The questions are little tricky, I mean they are more tricky questions than last year cos so many cos, sine and area= sine in one question, that's a lot harder than Hannah sweets to be honest.
    I thought it's going to have cumulative frequency in it but it didn't, instead of that, they used histogram, A* grade question.
    I think it should stay the same or goes up by 3 marks or 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    Possibly. I mean, 163 or below spells an end to A*.
    I really hoping to get A* so no one can call me retard

ReputationRep:
    I really hoping to get A* so no one can call me retard
    Who would call you a retard if you achieved an A in maths?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 134 Max is this enough for an A? I need to know!! lol

Got anywhere from 162 to like 170 (markin harsh and lenient ini)

bricking it af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayboom)
    I think I got 134 Max is this enough for an A? I need to know!! lol
    yh that should be an A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.