Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBMFM99)
    What school do you go to? Is it a public school?
    Private.

Almost everyone doing Maths at A-Level here has an A* in IGCSE Maths. I think only 10 people out of the 160 last year got an A, but none of them are doing maths. Yeah we are pretty good at Maths...and most people seemed to think that grade boundaries for C1 would probably be around the 53-54 mark, despite very good mathematical abilities. Everyone thought that C2 was average and S1 was slightly easier. Although no-one thought that there were any extremely difficult/easy exams, apart from C1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTSE420)
    Private.

Almost everyone doing Maths at A-Level here has an A* in IGCSE Maths. I think only 10 people out of the 160 last year got an A, but none of them are doing maths. Yeah we are pretty good at Maths...and most people seemed to think that grade boundaries for C1 would probably be around the 53-54 mark, despite very good mathematical abilities. Everyone thought that C2 was average and S1 was slightly easier. Although no-one thought that there were any extremely difficult/easy exams, apart from C1.
    Ah right fair enough. I'm at a state 6th form, but it's a very academic one and the grade requirements to get in are high!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    Does mr m not do a mark scheme for stats?
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I was thinking the same.
    No need - I've checked, verified and corrected the mark allocation on the unofficial mark scheme on google docs created by Metasysta.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    My teacher said 80% in AS and 90% average in c3 and c4
    You can actually get 60% average in AS and still get an A* ... as long as you get 100% in all 3 exams at A2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sen99)
    Do i need 90% in AS maths to get an A star in a level? Assuming i get 90% in A2
    70% would suffice in AS as long as you get 90% in A2. You need to average 90% in C3 & C4, with an overall average across the 6 modules of at least 80%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M (jr))
    No need - I've checked, verified and corrected the mark allocation on the unofficial mark scheme on google docs created by Metasysta.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Ok thankyou, was just wondering if you will be doing a mark scheme for s2 and d1 next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M (jr))
    70% would suffice in AS as long as you get 90% in A2. You need to average 90% in C3 & C4, with an overall average across the 6 modules of at least 80%.
    I thought you need an A at AS to be eligible for A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I thought you need an A at AS to be eligible for A*
    Not correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    Ok thankyou, was just wondering if you will be doing a mark scheme for s2 and d1 next week?
    Not D1 as we don't have anyone sitting D1 this year, but I've done the S2 paper just now and concur with xsanda's solutions here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3994951&page=3

ReputationRep:
    What grades dod you guys get in s1. I just did this paper as mock and found it very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyshy)
    What grades dod you guys get in s1. I just did this paper as mock and found it very hard.
    I've just done it as a mock too! I didn't get it. We have the markscheme here but we don't have any actual questions. My mind has gone blank and I can't remember them.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any revision tips for S1? Except for doing past papers? My teacher is so bad for teaching S1 and perms and combs is literally killing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke.e0908)
    Anyone got any revision tips for S1? Except for doing past papers? My teacher is so bad for teaching S1 and perms and combs is literally killing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/OCR%20S...on%20Sheet.pdf
    Can be quite useful

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've done most of the past papers but am not sure what else I can do to practice.
    Are there any resources/other papers that I can do?
    Also, really struggling with permutations and combinations so is there anything I can do to improve?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    physicsandmathstutor.com has Solomon OCR Papers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone found the unofficial mark scheme for OCR AS 1 yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.