Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    It's not me alone who finds it weird it's entire nations of people, that's why its banned everywhere

and I don't care if you find it odd because I know loads of people that also get creeped out by gays, its a normal reaction from my point of view
    That is not why it's banned and 'everywhere' is a massive overstatement. The Islamic nations of the middle east is essentially one of the only places it's now banned. And thats on religious grounds.

Yeah, no. You're now in the minority.

ReputationRep:
    yea no, they creep me out as well. If anything I dislike them even more because they're supposed to be women but dress, act and style their hair like men
    :rofl: ****, you can't even make this bullcrap up :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    yea no, they creep me out as well. If anything I dislike them even more because they're supposed to be women but dress, act and style their hair like men
    So short hair, which is what you're going for, is now exclusively owned by men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Have you heard of the 'gay uncle' theory? If not, I'll explain briefly.

The idea is that it's beneficial for a species if a small but constant amount of the population are gay. Because of this, they will not reproduce, and thus will be able to spend more time looking after the younger ones, ensuring their survival and the survival of the whole species.
    Hmm, interesting never have heard of it. However, wouldn't "gay aunt" be more pertinent, given that males typically hunted and were generally larger and faster than females?

ReputationRep:
    With all sincerity, if it bothers you that much you may wish to seek therapy. Nobody is born freaked out by people holding hands.
    umm yes they do, I know that for a fact. And we're not talking about any people holding hands we're talking about homosexuals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Hmm, interesting never have heard of it. However, wouldn't "gay aunt" be more pertinent, given that males typically hunted and were generally larger and faster than females?
    I didn't name it.

Anyway, the point is that having gay members of your species might actually be beneficial from an evolutionary standpoint.

ReputationRep:
    umm yes they do, I know that for a fact. And we're not talking about any people holding hands we're talking about homosexuals
    You know that for a fact, do you? Have you got any sources which can confirm it? I sincerely doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    So short hair, which is what you're going for, is now exclusively owned by men?
    its not just the hair you ******* it's the image as a whole with the behaviour and all that

ReputationRep:
    It's not me alone who finds it weird it's entire nations of people, that's why its banned everywhere
    Countries also ban women from driving and do not let their people say anything negative about their leaders, because they find such things "weird". So, I don't see how that supports your argument.

and I don't care if you find it odd because I know loads of people that also get creeped out by gays, its a normal reaction from my point of view
    Again, you're appealing to numbers when it really is a useless argument given that I could probably find a handful of people with equally as irrational views.

I get that quite a few people find gay couples unusual or strange to see, more because it is outside the norm. The emotions you describe go beyond that into homophobic territory, i.e. an irrational fear of gays.

ReputationRep:
    its not just the hair you ******* it's the image as a whole with the behaviour and all that
    Gay women have short hair and wear clothes which men also wear. What a terrifying thing, it must be Judgement Day.

Go on, enlighten me.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  36.1 KB
    One very well known lesbian actress.

Another.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    One very well known lesbian actress.
    You beat me to it.

I predict the next word they type will be 'exceptions', or some variant thereof.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, do enlighten me with your scientifically verified evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I've got too many homos trying to come at me at once so I'm gonna leave this thread now.
    Well, have some ****ing respect then.

ReputationRep:
    Citation needed.

ReputationRep:
    N'aww, poor you - getting uncomfortable. Go back to living in the bubble mummy and daddy created for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grand High Witch)
    Citation needed.
    That non-existent graph... found somewhere... at sometime... in the depths of Christian websites... made by the Westboro Baptist Chruch's newest 5 year old recruit.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I've got too many homos trying to come at me at once so I'm gonna leave this thread now.
    I will take that as an admission that you are unable to respond to my arguments.

ReputationRep:
    control spread of AIDS

ReputationRep:
    Y'all finished or y'all done? Homosexuality is not natural - period. Personally I am wholly against it for the reasons many have pointed out already in this thread. Having said that, I wouldn't wish any harm be it emotional or physical on any homosexual person; just don't be gay around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you. As I said, the main issue with homosexuality is that it isn't natural, and it would eventually lead to the extinction of our race by way of that characteristic.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.