ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    (2,0,-1)
    I got that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i got 6e^4 it was realy big
    but people have got e^4 /2 :/
    I got 6e^4 as well ended up being 360 somethig but when i put it back into my unsimplifed differential it equaled the same as 6e^4

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for the very last question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irMike)
    What was so familiar about the final vector question? I didn't have much time so couldn't concentrate, but I didn't know where to start, and Vector is probably my strongest topic of all the typical 5+ mark questions.
    There have always been vector question with parallelogram where you had to add some direction vector (both + and - ver of it) to a position vector
    The way I did it was to say
    CD=lamda(the direction vector)
    AD=3CD
    4root35=3lamda root35
    Or something
    Then say to let the intersection of l1 and l2 is P
    PC=-PD=1/2CD as its a parallelogram
    Added and subtracted half CD to P

(Original post by Suits101)
    Any predictions on 63/64 raw marks on C4?

Also do you have any predictions on C3 boundaries?
    Unfortunately I never ever check the entire gb with core papers so I'm just going with my subjective view on the paper in comparison to other years. I can be subjective for core because I do FM and I find core relatively easy so I don't have that "omg our year is always the hardest" mentality you know. But yeah C3 was really the hardest paper ever so I expect a mark or two lower gb from the lowest gb in the past
    (Original post by lIoydy)
    Did anyone do the vestors?
    I got (0, -5/3, -5/3) and (4, ?, ?)
    Can't remember the 4 one
    I got like - 10/3 instead of 5/3
    But i did get 0 and 4 for i vector

ReputationRep:
    For the last vector question, you have to spot that the point of intersection (let's call it P) is the midpoint of DC, and all 3 points are on the line L2, so if b is the direction vector of L2, then C = P + n(b) and D = P - n(b), so DC = - D + C = 2n(b). So you find the modulus of 2n(b) which was something like 2n*root35, and set that equal to AB/3, giving you 4/3*root35 = 2n*root35, so n = 2/3 then put n into your expressions for C and D to get the final answers

Might have remembered some of the numbers wrong but I think that's the general method

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm098)
    I got landa as 1 and u as a 1/2
    Yeah that's what I got. I don't remember what the co-ordinate was though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    Both
    How many marks was it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbecuetime123)
    Did the second part of the vector question ask the point of intersection or just to prove that they intersect?
    Both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 32908)
    Thought the paper was okay until question 6 then went horrendously. Dropped 10 marks on the final question cause couldn't do it at all. Couldn't do the 5 mark vector equation. Got a rare answer for the finding the gradient from X and y equations. Couldn't re arrange the equation to find the Cartesian equation either. You needed far more time to be able to do it properly. I have been getting A/A* in all past papers and could have done this one if I had another hour. So pissed off as I've worked all year for this and now going to do ****
    I found it the exact same as you!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get 2,0,-1 for intersection point and on that bottom of cos theta of 140

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cascadess)
    I got that too!
    Yeah got that as well

ReputationRep:
    I put exactly this, but I didn't think it was right for some reason!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get 600 and something for the half life??? 😖😖😖

ReputationRep:
    I usually like to get wined and dined after I get ****ed in the ass. And that's how I felt about AQA Core 4 after Core 3. Core 4 actually went pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieG1009)
    Did you get lambda as 1/3 and 5/3?
    Yeah I did!! i'm not sure if I put -5/3 now but I definitely dot 5/3 and 1/3 so hopfully I only dropped 1 mark or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilywatts16)
    Did anyone else get 600 and something for the half life??? 😖😖😖
    The half life is 330, I'm pretty sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieG1009)
    I think I got (0, 10/3, -5/3) and (4, -10/3, 1/3)
    Same
    And I checked by subbing them in and did indeed get AB=3CD so I think we're good
    (Original post by Jm098)
    and -69/2 + 9/2ln3?
    Yup
    (Original post by Jm098)
    Mod X < 0.5?
    Yup ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdgsgh)
    I got |x| < 4/3 I originally had |x|<1/2 but crossed it out because I figured that since <1/2 would fall in to the range of 4/3. guess it's only as valid as the lowest of the two
    I got the same thing and checked my textbook and it says to always go for the lower one so i guess its right

ReputationRep:
    Big ask but, unofficial mark scheme yet?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for acute angle of cosx on the vectors question??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.