Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    they usually say the magnitude of displacement if the want that or just distance
    I couldn't decide whether to leave it in vector form or find the magnitude... But then I thought that they normally ask for the 'position vector' if they want it in vector form. Idk

ReputationRep:
    For the time on the football question for some reason I used 12.5ms-1 instead of 12 so got the wrong time, but for the horizontal distance and the new speed for it to be kicked I used 12ms-1 so got the right answers relative to my wrong time in the previous question.
    How many marks would I drop for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OturuDansay)
    Grade boundary predictions anyone? I'm thinking 58/57 for an A?
    Lower. About 53/54 if not lower. I found June 14 the same or easier in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PiTheta97)
    100 UMS boundary? 68?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah like 68/69/70/71

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the working for the tension question :/ thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was confident with an answer of 302m for question 8 until I read this ahaha.

Did no one get that?

ReputationRep:
    I think its safe to say this is the easiest exam i have ever sat. On par with GCSE maths. Expecting around 99 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickenslayer69)
    Can someone post the working for the tension question :/ thanks
    This is how I did it (if it's correct haha)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's an M2 thread yet?

ReputationRep:
    my method was right for the last question but i made a stupid mistake early on and said t=10 rather than 12. the rest of the question I carried out with the right method but with the wrong value of t what. how many marks to you reckon i will drop out of 10 with this one mistake?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post a markscheme with all the marks please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowtwist)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowtwist)
    I did it exactly the same, but my answer came out to the 168N. I think I've pressed my calculator wrongly
    How many marks will I drop? (((

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the question for Q1 please? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    my method was right for the last question but i made a stupid mistake early on and said t=10 rather than 12. the rest of the question I carried out with the right method but with the wrong value of t what. how many marks to you reckon i will drop out of 10 with this one mistake? will they then give me marks for using the position vector with my value of t then finding the corresponding distance?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal 1)
    The force was acting down, so R= mg + Tsin60
    Yea I put that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtebbbs)
    Worked answers to ramp and football questions:
    Attachment 554193554195Attachment 554193
    Yep that's what i got

ReputationRep:
    so did anyone else get 4 killometers for question 8? i got my mechanics teacher to check it and he said it was right. glad i got that one in the bag, easiest 10 marks in my life. dam the momentum question, who knew a ball could weigh 4 tonnes. feel sorry for people who got 106m for question 8, people forgot to square it. luckily i got my teacher to check this too, what a legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Yep that's what i got
    i got this too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickenslayer69)
    Can someone post the question for Q1 please? Thanks
    Someone post Q1 pls thx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.