The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****. What a massive increase in the salary cap from last year. Thanks for clarifying that MrDystopia.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's taking off next season and the one after, as it says in the wiki page cause of increased TV rights pricing. It's why contracts look much bigger already this year.

Dwight Howard with the 3 year $70.5mil with the Hawks is another that happened overnight

ReputationRep:
    OKC are after Al Horford at PF, and if they could sign him (have to clear major cap space first), we'd have a great starting five. Westbrook, Oladipo, Durant, Horford, Adams with Kanter to come in from the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    That sounds like a mad uni still.

What do they teach at that uni?
    how to make bank

ReputationRep:
    Woo Noah signs for NYK Same price as Mozgov.

Nope wrong 9 million more over 4 years than Mozgov sorry.

ReputationRep:
    FAs be like

ReputationRep:
    Free agent Luol Deng has reached agreement on a four-year, $72 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell The Vertical.
    Finally someone decent.

ReputationRep:
    Luol Deng??? A 31 year old NBA vet?? I mean, it's not a horrible trade but it's hardly anything to look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Luol Deng??? A 31 year old NBA vet?? I mean, it's not a horrible trade but it's hardly anything to look forward to.
    After that mozgov signing anything looks good. Plus he's going to bring veterans presence into the locker room which will help the young guys.

ReputationRep:
    If they wanted a solid vet they could have tempted Paul Pierce or someone with a nice yet cheap deal. But yeah can't be too harsh to Mozgov, he played his part last year. Thompson has just really had a break out playoffs so that hasn't left much room for the former.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this had me dying fam :rofl:

I remember that series in general - Biyombo was getting bare gassed he thinks he's sick :rofl: Chill man who the **** are you :lol:
    Biyombo was great in Valanciunas' absence tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackened_sky)
    Biyombo was great in Valanciunas' absence tbf
    Yeah he was beasting on the boards for a while, then TT stepped up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epic within)
    After that mozgov signing anything looks good. Plus he's going to bring veterans presence into the locker room which will help the young guys.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, I just wanted to have someone who would have more of an impact on the court too

ReputationRep:

Think some of you might enjoy this! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Al Jefferson 3 years/ 30million

that right there is the steal of the agency.*

ReputationRep:
    What a time to be a role player.

Also the contracts Gilbert gave out last season aint looking so bad now. These ones at the moment holy jesus...

ReputationRep:
    I'm hearing that D Wade might actually leave Miami

I wouldn't be all that surprised tbh, he's been taking paycuts virtually all his career

ReputationRep:
    Horford to Boston, man likeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    doing big tings u kno.

You guys have a solid squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    Good stuff. I don't really care but every solid big signed up is another option lost to GS

(Original post by eden3)
    doing big tings u kno.

You guys have a solid squad.
    That vid was jokes :rofl:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.