Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Gonna do by console as well:

Sega Mega Drive: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    PS2: Battlefront
    Xbox 360: Halo Reach
    Gameboy advance: pokemon emerald
    Nintendo DS: pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
    Not putting 3DS because the pokemon games for this were a bit disappointing.
    Wii: Super smash bros brawl or pikmin 2
    PC: Overwatch, Eden Eternal or TTT

ReputationRep:
    I adored Super Mario Sunshine on the GameCube. I'm looking to buy an old GameCube just for that game, though I did like Medal of Honor: Rising Sun as well

ReputationRep:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

ReputationRep:
    Fallout New Vegas.

My dream game would be "Fallout New Vegas, but a fantasy game" - same in every other aspect; first-person, quests, a directed kind of open-world - but set in a fantasy world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanker)
    Copying your idea of by console:

SEGA MegaDrive: Street Fighter 2
    N64: Legends of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark and GoldenEye 007, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium
    Nintendo GameCube: Mario Karts: Double Dash
    Nintendo Wii: N/A (Didn't like it)
    Gameboy: Super Mario Land
    Gameboy Colour: Pokemon Yellow
    Gameboy SP: Mario Kart: Super Circuit

PS1: Spyro
    PS2: TimeSplitters 2
    PS3: N/A (Didn't own)
    PS4: N/A (Didn't own)
    PSP: Crash Tag Team Racing

Xbox: Star Wars Battlefront, Halo
    Xbox 360: N/A (Didn't own)
    Xbox one: N/A (Didn't own)

PC: Age of Empires 2, Runescape

Yes, I had all these consoles when I was a kid...
    Spyro! what a game!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:
    Idk why it was just me but ive always loved battlefield bad company 1
    it was a simple fps, huge maps, great vechicles, competitive, skill-ful, and fun!!!

ReputationRep:
    Age of Empires 2 :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I am playing games for sooo long. There are a lot which are candidates for the best one.

*SNES
    Mega Man X
    Super Mario World
    Yoshi's Island
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Super Mario Kart *

*NES
    Mega Man 3
    Mega Man 4

N64
    Super Mario 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Wave Race 64
    Zelda Ocarina of time
    Game Boy
    Wario Land
    Super Mario Land 2
    Tetris
    Zelda: Link's awakening

Hard to say what is the best game ever, just because there are so many different kind of games.*

ReputationRep:
    World of Warcraft. My dad introduced me to it when I was around 6, 10 years ago. I'm still playing it actively to this day, my passion for the game hasn't changed a bit

ReputationRep:
    The original Settlers game was amazing. For anybody who played it and wishes they could do so again, there's now an open source clone called Widelands (google it) which is good fun too.

GTA games (with mods, obv) and anything by Bioware is good too

ReputationRep:
    Life is Strange is such a good game and the Dragon Quest game for the DS, sentinels of the Starry Skies. Starbound has a good soundtrack- it's like minecraft in space. Plus Okami for the Wii, gosh I loved that game, I even bought the art book for it.

ReputationRep:
    Best game I've ever played? Hmm... I have so many, but if I have to narrow it down to 3, it has to be Shadow of the Colossus, Skyrim and Shenmue 1 and 2 (that's 4 but whatever ). Oh, and fave developer? Atlus. Or Naughty Dog. Or both.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe skyrim and final fantasy 7 and 9 all of which i have completed.

ReputationRep:
    Goldeneye on the N64
    Manic Miner (ask your dad/mum)
    Any Assassin's Creed
    The Fallout series
    Witcher 3
    Thief 1/2/3 etc
    Dead Island
    Civillisation 1-5

ReputationRep:
    Overwatch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleOctopi)
    Fallout New Vegas.

My dream game would be "Fallout New Vegas, but a fantasy game" - same in every other aspect; first-person, quests, a directed kind of open-world - but set in a fantasy world.
    You just described Skyrim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (although I´d also put the first and third game not far behind it) is still hands down for me the best game I've ever played. I really miss how big the adventure game genre used to be. I love the way it looks, and even prefer the older graphics over the new version, I love the music, the atmosphere, the humour. For me, personally, it's a flawless game.
    Yeah that game just kept you hooked and you couldn't stop laughing, the sword fighting **** was amazing. A great game.

Pity they haven't done a Monkey Island game in years...

ReputationRep:
    Probably most of the arcade games from the '80s, my personal favourite probably Star Force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suky321)
    Probably most of the arcade games from the '80s, my personal favourite probably Star Force.
    They were nice to play as a pasttime. Some of them which I played were very tough to come far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    They were nice to play as a pasttime. Some of them which I played were very tough to come far.
    They were a lot harder and challenging than present day games, and had more of the "just one more try" factor. I still play the sometimes on the MAME emulator on the Wii or PC.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.