Warwick GEM (A101) 2017 Entry

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm skipping warwick out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    I feel like I'm skipping warwick out...
    why?

ReputationRep:
    ah okay what about my best friend, he has a score of 694 , 2:1 in neurosciences and MSc.

He had a 590 VR, but lower UKCAT at 694
    There's no guarantee, no one can tell you the exact cut-off. At 590 it's worth a punt for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    why?
    My VR score is 580...
    over all 700

sigh.

ReputationRep:
    My VR score is 580...
    over all 700

sigh.
    thats good.. you are above the threshold on both accounts. do you have a masters or phd? that would give you bonus points. what was your undergrad classification?

ReputationRep:
    My VR score is 580...
    over all 700

sigh.
    I thought you had 590?

Oops! No, I see you said 580.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    There's no guarantee, no one can tell you the exact cut-off. At 590 it's worth a punt for him.
    thanks mjk <3 x

ReputationRep:
    Day away from deadline, everyone got their applications in? When can we expect to hear from Warwick, does anyone have a rough timescale?

I feel so busy at the moment, work is chaotic and I've decided to take up job hunting, so what with applying to medicine and some other highly competitive courses my mind feels like a blur. Feeling excited about coming possibilities though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brio52)
    Day away from deadline, everyone got their applications in? When can we expect to hear from Warwick, does anyone have a rough timescale?

I feel so busy at the moment, work is chaotic and I've decided to take up job hunting, so what with applying to medicine and some other highly competitive courses my mind feels like a blur. Feeling excited about coming possibilities though
    still debating warwick haha. can i ask your stats?

ReputationRep:
    2:1 degree in psychology with UKCAT 736/VR: 790.
    Really happy with my UKCAT but a bit worried that they might look down on all of my experience being psychology based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brio52)
    2:1 degree in psychology with UKCAT 736/VR: 790.
    Really happy with my UKCAT but a bit worried that they might look down on all of my experience being psychology based.
    no I doubt that they ill look down on that. congrats on the score! x

ReputationRep:
    no I doubt that they ill look down on that. congrats on the score! x
    Thanks, and I'd say definitely apply even if you don't beat the average by much. I've heard that once you get to interviews they don't look that much at UKCAT so you can be taken entirely on your own merit. Warwick's really nice, it's where I did my undergrad.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine we will hear from Warwick pretty sharpish compared to the other GAMSAT and BMAT universities considering UKCAT is done and dusted for all applicants now. Anyone know how long the wait was in the past? Received a confirmation of my application so far. Realistically I can't see it being any earlier than the start of November, but you never know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    I'd imagine we will hear from Warwick pretty sharpish compared to the other GAMSAT and BMAT universities considering UKCAT is done and dusted for all applicants now. Anyone know how long the wait was in the past? Received a confirmation of my application so far. Realistically I can't see it being any earlier than the start of November, but you never know!
    Think last year invites went out early December and the work experience forms slightly earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carcosa)
    Think last year invites went out early December and the work experience forms slightly earlier.
    Thanks!

Also, just to clarify, what UCAS PID has everyone used on their UKCAT details? The original one, or the track one?

EDIT: Ah nvm, it states to use the one in your welcome email from Track which I have done.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i left my application really last minute. So I was just wondering if I should even bother applying to WW because I have 530 for my VR i got 860 for AR and 640 for QR so i got an avg of 677 but will i just get rejected because of vr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therainman)
    Hi guys, i left my application really last minute. So I was just wondering if I should even bother applying to WW because I have 530 for my VR i got 860 for AR and 640 for QR so i got an avg of 677 but will i just get rejected because of vr?
    yes, their cut off will be 577 this year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Also, just to clarify, what UCAS PID has everyone used on their UKCAT details? The original one, or the track one?

EDIT: Ah nvm, it states to use the one in your welcome email from Track which I have done.
    do u know how i put my ukcat result on the ucas form?

ReputationRep:
    do u know how i put my ukcat result on the ucas form?
    You don't, Pearson VUE sends the UKCAT to the university you've applied to which is why you need to fill in the 'additional information' on their website.

ReputationRep:
    You don't, Pearson VUE sends the UKCAT to the university you've applied to which is why you need to fill in the 'additional information' on their website.
    okay awesome thanks xx

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.