Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you want as President of the USA (and later world)?
    Clinton
    0%
    Cheese
    72.58%
    Trump
    8.06%
    Other
    19.35%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    :rofl:

Guess what I had stuck in my head whilst you were away?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    = what i had stuck in my head anyway :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    yeah :albertein:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    urgggggggghhhhhh cmon!!!!
    Hehe, nice emoji
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Hehe, nice emoji
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol ty
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ffs m8 :talkhand:

ReputationRep:
    Entry no.6
    So Germany! It was pretty awesome! I'm going to put everything in this post, each day via a spoiler
    Day 1-2
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Got on coach, left at 8:40pm (supposed to leave at 8pm ) Played some pintarillo with AndrewSCO saladays and Galaxie501 but it failed a bit when my battery died and the internet died as well :erm: :rofl:
    Traffic got really bad when we approached Dover, there was a 2 hour queue for us, which was actually not that bad, some people were queuing for like 18 hours :shock:
    We eventually got on the ferry, which was 1 hour 40 mins long. I ate some cheeky bourbons (sorry hamza772000 I just couldn't resist :lol:) and sat with some friends on the floor trying to sleep, but failing . The crossing was at 1:40am (GB time) so I was tired!
    When we got back on the coach I fell asleep eventually! My breakfast was mini cheddars and popcorn :rofl: because we didn't stop until lunch in Belgium, where I bought some chips .
    We eventually arrived in Germany, to the Youth Hostel where we were staying. We got there 2 hours later than expected. Was annoyed when we had to carry all our stuff up 3 flights of stairs. My bag was really heavy
    I shared my room with 2 members of the orchestra and 1 from the choir. I didn't know them but I knew the girl from choir from my old school (she's in year above) and so I made friends with them!
    Our rooms were nice - en-suite but the windows were small and didn't open wide so it got really hot
    Our first meal at the hostel was a BBQ. Grilled bratwurst, burgers and salad YUM! :yum:
    After a shower and trying to pintarillo and reading a bit of L’étranger I went str8 to bed cos I was exhausted af
    Day 3
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1st breakfast at hostel was a buffet. They had lots of cheese, but it wasn't labelled. I took the pre-sliced stuff that looked good, some german salami to put in a roll and some cornflakes. They had some english tea as well so I tried that and they had a different juice each day. Today's one was a bit gross (cherry and banana :yucky: ) so i just had some iced water on the side :rofl:
    We had a rehearsal in one of the hostel's rooms, it was v small and right at the top, so very hot, the rehearsal went well though!
    Then after a break and more rehearsing we had lunch - some sort of beef stew and rice, which tasted really good
    Then we went to our first concert venue. The woodwind and choir performed first, we watched them, they're so good
    The woodwind did some jazz/pop ones "what a wonderful world" and "hello - adele"
    The choir did this awesome rendition of "ain't no sunshine" and some from the "messiah"
    We then had this buffet pasta and tomato sauce thing from the cafe at the venue. We were given free coke's and (strawberry 4me ) calippo push up ice creams as well :rofl:
    Then we performed, went really well, was the first time we got through the whole of the Schubert and the audience really loved it! Then we went back on the coach to the hostel and to bed
    I should mention that there were 3 coaches on the tour. Our coach was with the older kids, there was one with a mixture and then the one with all the younger kids (we nicknamed them the disney coach cos they watched disney films :rofl: ). On my coach were the choirboys and some of the brass section in my orchestra. They were chanting a lot and we did some songs together on the coach which was cute! Whenever someone chanted and the others didn't join n they would chant "on your own on your own on your own, on your own on your own on your owwwwn". And whenever the teachers complained they'd chant "no1 likes us we don't care doo dah, doo dah" :rofl: got so annoying later on !
    Day 4
    We had to get up really early on this day
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Made a packed lunch from the breakfast buffet. Went to a place called "Bad Harzburg" where we went on a treetop walk and a Seilbahn (cablecar) up to a fort thing (where there were 3 pokestops :fan: ). It was so pretty there Attachment 566024566026566000
    and it was the only place where I saw any rocks Plagioclase Attachment 566024 Attachment 566024566026 s'all I got for u lol sorri :rofl:
    After that we got ice cream :perv: and went to a park near the concert venue and ate our packed lunches (I bought my salt and vinegar pringles to top it off as well)
    We rehearsed for the concert, this one was in a massive concert hall thing! It was awesome until, until I discovered we didn't have one of the peices! (the Big Country theme tune). I had to , in the end, share with another person, so it was 3 to a stand
    Went really well though, we received a standing ovation!
    After that we went to a restaurant where we were given a yodelling performance- we really enjoyed it! The preformers said they hadn't ever had a young appreciative audience like us before so cute
    We had a buffet of some meat, veg and lots of potatoes before getting on coach back to the hostel was probably my favourite day tbh!
    Day 5
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Went to Wenigerode (town Hostel is in) for a bit of a shop.
    I didn't buy anything but got to speak some german which is nice!
    I did a lot of pokemon hunting because the town had lots of pokestops :pika: caught a jigglypuff
    Went back on coach to ze restaurant - another buffet but of stuff like schnitzel, chips and roast pork = :yum:
    Then we went on the coach to the cathedral, we chill'd out a bit until it was our turn to practice and then we had our packed tea and did our concert
    Acoustics were so different in the cathedral, it was so cool! Apart from when this brass player did this b natural not b flat and it echoed thru the whole room :rofl: we joked about it on the bus afterwards :lol:
    Day 6
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Woke up v early. After breakfast I noticed it had started to rain and was treated to a thunder clap :dance: (love thunder I do) but unfortunately there wasn't any more
    This was the day we drove around germany for 5 hours trying to get to a wildlife park. In the end, too many roads were closed and there were no diversions so we instead, went to the concert venue early. We were all so pessed off. We didn't get to see the monkeys!!! :mad:
    When we got there they had a cage, got me an ice cream and a pepsi, was really humid then. My friends all bought chips and I managed to sneak me a few :rofl:
    Last concert it was, and outside too! Was great apart from the bees and the wind! We had to peg our music to the stand and between peices 1 time our music fell off! The other time the neighbouring desk's music fell off :rofl: was funny af
    When we got back to hostel it was very chilled, had spag bol and ice cream almond magnum ofc :mmm:
    Then we had an open mic night!
    People came up and performed, my friends went first, did an acappella, I filmed it, then a few groups did songs like the cup song, wings by birdie and ofc make you feel my love by adele. We had some comedy sketches too which took the mic out of our conductor and the fact that the brass section only play 3 notes in the whole of schubert :rofl: (they read books when we rehearse it :lol: ). The woodwind orchestra also sang their part in one of their peices which was really great. Then we ended the evening with packing and stuff.
    Day 7
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Early start. Finished packing. Got on coach. Made a new playlist. For those interested ravioliyears it composed of:
    Pray to god - calvin harris feat. haim
    adventure of a lifetime - coldplay
    Alone no more - philip george and anton powers
    my head is a jungle - mk remix - wanklemut and emma louise
    my love - route 64 feat Jess Glynne
    of the night - bastille
    prayer in c - lily wood and the prick and robin schulz
    roses - the chainsmokers and rozes
    rumors - pep and rash
    sweet lovin - sigala
    the girl is mine - 99 souls feat. destiny's child and brandy
    the reflex - duran duran Amellia123
    wish you were mine - philip george
    won't look back - duke dumont
    i got u - duke dumont
    hymn for the weekend -coldplay
    hot - inna
    hands to myself - selena gomez
    glamorous -fergie
    gecko - oliver heldens
    faded -alan walker
    enjoy the silence -depeche mode
    easy love - sigala
    dibby dibby sound -dj fresh
    changes - faul and wad ad vs. pnau
    planet earth -duran duran

got to ferry, bought tuna melt for din dins and went to ferry shop and bought some prezzies for my family
    then we got back after the ferry and it was quite late
    was sad to hug everyone goodbye and even sadder when the guys on the bus started chanting "cheerio"
    but it was such fun!
    Yesterday
    Woke up at 12:30 :rofl:
    did some reading, ate food, did some shopping, did some pokemonning, only to reduce my pokeballs to 0 again :facepalm:
    we had indian food and I got 780 on pintarillo
    today
    woke up at 9:30am for volunteering, had lunch (mushroom soup) yummm
    tsrred and did a bit of work
    made a new deezer playlist :yep:
    got ready for tonight's party chez un ami

#CheeseOut for now
    will add some picture posts next
    Spoiler:
    Show
    - Read L’étranger :flute: mediaya
    - Read tons of Chemistry-related books
    - Read a "very short introduction to Particle Physics" and "French Literature"
    - Revise for the TSA
    - Attempt to match/beat george_c00per on memrise
    - Attempt to relearn German in time for the orchestra tour (mit Plagio und memrise ofc ) :elmo:
    - Beat eternaforest on pintarillo
    - Help fatima1998 to become boss on pintarillo
    - Beat my friend on pokemon go :elmo:
    - Binge watch Sherlock
    - Binge watch all the Doctor who DVD's I own
    - Go shopping for summer clothes - Go to a quiz night in aid of a local charity
    - Attend the TSR wedding of Monsieur FireFreezer77 et mademoiselle Platopus :elmo:
    - Actually do some violin practice :elmo:
    - Get back into tennis and table tennis
    - Go on a week long tour with my orchestra in the Harz region of Germany :elmo:
    - Attempt to collect "pretty" rocks from Harz region of Germany if possible :elmo:
    - Get my AS results
    - Do the research part of my EPQ (chemistry-related)
    - Sort out the dates for my Nuffield Placement
    - Undergo my Nuffield research placement at the University of Brighton
    Oh cheese so u finished l'étranger? I am so tempted to read that, that first line made me want to. Que c'est t'il passé a la person qui avez perdu sa mère?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol ty
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ffs m8 :talkhand:
    No worries
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Cheese!!! You know who got pole today LH was slow!
    But Germany looks totally awesome! Very scenic!

Im glad you enjoyed it there sounds like an eventful trip!
    But of course were glad to have you back!

Your pinta skills are just superb!
    Do you do daytime games at all?

ReputationRep:
    i can only tag 20 people
    the mention was a strategic tag

f u :shakecane:
    doubt it
    come at me m8

:toofunny: :toofunny:
    Haha im better than you at 4 things! Thats maths , Fifa , mario kart & table tennis
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mediaya)
    Oh cheese so u finished l'étranger? I am so tempted to read that, that first line made me want to. Que c'est t'il passé a la person qui avez perdu sa mère?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope! v close to 2nd chapter, had not much time to read in germany but what I did read I enjoyed, lots of words I didn't know tho!
    Pas beaucoup :rofl: read it pls! It would help me understand it! :yep: especially when my class start to analyse it!

No worries
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    = what i had stuck in my head anyway :rofl: :rofl:
    Ooooh nice!
    Nope....C'est un S.O.S. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's an S.O.S (I believe )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nope! v close to 2nd chapter, had not much time to read in germany but what I did read I enjoyed, lots of words I didn't know tho!
    Pas beaucoup :rofl: read it pls! It would help me understand it! :yep: especially when my class start to analyse it!

Creative
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol, I cba now

ReputationRep:

Ah okay, good!
    Lol maybe i will, so u doin it in class?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Cheese!!! You know who got pole today LH was slow!
    But Germany looks totally awesome! Very scenic!
    Im glad you enjoyed it there sounds like an eventful trip!
    But of course were glad to have you back!
    Your pinta skills are just superb!
    Do you do daytime games at all?
    awwwww fk rosberg :shakecane:
    yup :yep: was awesome! Thanks!
    aww :hugs:
    not really
    sometimes but i gtg party now
    I will play soon! You can make ur own game if u copy and paste tag list after making a game
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Haha im better than you at 4 things! Thats maths , Fifa , mario kart & table tennis

(Original post by Matrix123)
    Ooooh nice!
    Nope....C'est un S.O.S. :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's an S.O.S (I believe )
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    XD :rofl:

Creative
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol, I cba now

Ah okay, good!
    Lol maybe i will, so u doin it in class?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    read it!!!!!
    yeh! its our A2 book!

ReputationRep:

Hahaha sorrry but i can train you to be as good as me in all of them

ReputationRep:

read it!!!!!
    yeh! its our A2 book!

ReputationRep:

read it!!!!!
    yeh! its our A2 book!
    Okay
    Ah k, goodluck with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    awwwww fk rosberg :shakecane:
    yup :yep: was awesome! Thanks!
    aww :hugs:
    not really
    sometimes but i gtg party now
    I will play soon! You can make ur own game if u copy and paste tag list after making a game
    Plus Nico had 2 laps more fuel in too!
    Good good!! It sounded tiring but amazing!
    Its true!! :hugs:
    Well it is true!!
    Fair enough then! Ill play when i can!
    Ill let you or someone else make it i think
    Its just easier!

It all looks so beautiful!!! Sounds like a great time I'm very jealous!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Hahaha sorrry but i can train you to be as good as me in all of them

Okay
    Ah k, goodluck with it
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks!
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Plus Nico had 2 laps more fuel in too!
    Good good!! It sounded tiring but amazing!
    Its true!! :hugs:
    Well it is true!!
    Fair enough then! Ill play when i can!
    Ill let you or someone else make it i think
    Its just easier!
    shutup ham will win tomorra :yep:
    v tiring mate :yep:

(Original post by Platopus)
    It all looks so beautiful!!! Sounds like a great time I'm very jealous!
    :fan:
    was really pretty!
    I'm sure u've been having a good holiday too tho!

ReputationRep:

thanks!

shutup ham will win tomorra :yep:
    v tiring mate :yep:

:fan:
    was really pretty!
    I'm sure u've been having a good holiday too tho!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.