Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    You seem incredibly biased, trying to seek out evidence that this shooter was muslim while quietly saying that it's better to "wait for proof and not jump to conclusions" whenever a source indicates that it may have actually been a white supremacist/neo-nazi/extreme right-winger..
    I've noticed that as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You seem incredibly biased, trying to seek out evidence that this shooter was muslim while quietly saying that it's better to "wait for proof and not jump to conclusions" whenever a source indicates that it may have actually been a white supremacist/neo-nazi/extreme right-winger..
    Am I right in thinking that the general consensus from some sources is that the attack was not related to Islam extremism?
    He's not the only one. To echo what I said earlier, it's clear that certain people use these attacks for political gain or to affirm their ready held preconceptions about the world, but yourself and numerous other people on the liberal left are just as culpable of this and it's so hypocritical to see those people on the left complain about the bigoted right-wingers when those people on the left have been displaying the exact same biases for the past 2 hours on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    You seem incredibly biased,.
    Jesus just pointing out the mail has changed it's main headline I know it must be upsetting for you but this is a news forum and this is news But drop the attacks they are pointless and make you look irrelevant
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Can I please remind you all to keep your posts on topic And as with any thread, offensive posts will be removed, along with any other rule breaking content!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    What confuses me is that if he is far right why wouldn't he shoot up a refugee centre or somewhere like that ?Shooting in a mall or crowded area seems like an Islamic extremist attack,or maybe the shooter targeted ppl he thought were immigrants/refugees?
    I suspect if it is a far-right group, they probably might target certain people. Though they may perceive the people they are shooting to be liberals whom they probably perceive to be guilty too.

I think refugee camps probably have a greater level of security (though I could be wrong). There have been incidents of disorder and violence in refugee camps, so I imagine it would have greater security than a mall would in order to deal with such events..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    What's up with these saddo ****s mass murdering people as of late?
    saddos have been murdering people for a long time. it happens all the time in certain parts of earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lujubi)
    Police rule out Islamic Terrorism. Read before you make assumptions Trapz. You have been known to do this.
    Fam I don't even know who you are, yet you seem to know me... wth

Anyway there are now reports that the attacker shouted Allah Akbar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)

It's funny how CNN is the only news outlet (besides the DM who changed their headline) who state that the attacker shouted "Allah Akbar" whilst the rest of the media are leaning towards a right-wing nutjob with an anti-immigrant agenda.

I've seen most of your posts around here and I'm not impressed by them. You claim to be a Christian but all I see is you spreading hate. You're so eager for it to be Muslim that you're too blind to read news reports to gain more information. I'm disappointed in you, Trapz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)

Haven't seen that, there are reports he yelled an anti-foreigner slur, maybe you are meaning the knife attack on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    CNN claim police say suspects have an "Islamist background".
    Odd though, as I've spent a good 15 minutes looking for official police statements regarding suspect's background and they haven't released anything publicly.

CNN either has a private police source or is making it up?

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/201...ipley-live.cnn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    CNN claim police say suspects have an "Islamist background".
    Odd though, as I've spent a good 15 minutes looking for official police statements regarding suspect's background and they haven't released anything publicly.

CNN either has a private police source or is making it up?
    We shall have to wait and see what official statements are released in the coming days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    We shall have to wait and see what official statements are released in the coming days.
    There's also a press conference in about 40 minutes (1am BST). They might give some good info then

ReputationRep:
    I think it's safe to say that regardless of who did this, this was a horrific act and there is no doubt some suspicions behind who might be behind the attack.

What I find annoying is that there seems to be a 'tug of war' game between two groups of people on this thread, as if far-rights extremism and Islamic extremism can somehow deflect blame on either ideologies.

Both ideologies are not acceptable. Whatever motives these attackers have will not alter the harmful nature of these ideologies. As a continent we are still not facing these arising problems seriously enough. We are more ready to shift blame than addressing both ideologies head on. At the end nothing is done but mere child's play.

A mixed solution is obviously required, I would like governments to start consulting and enforce prevention policies. Uncontrolled acceptance of refugees cannot remain in place. Countries must do more to encourage existing ethnic minorities to be included in society, not by positive discrimination but to ensure equal distribution of resources. Potential sources of radicalisation must be closely monitored. Governments must consider regulating faith schools and make sure that faith serves as an enrichment, not a curriculum.

However tough or 'politically incorrect', governments must start acting with meaningful purpose and direction. You cannot expect these ideologies to simply go away if you do nothing, they will simply grow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    Haven't seen that, there are reports he yelled an anti-foreigner slur, maybe you are meaning the knife attack on Monday?
    No I don't mean that one. All the tabloids are saying that the guy shouted Allah Albar and that a bystander called the attacker a foreigner, to which he apparently replied to with 'I am German. I was born here'

ReputationRep:
    Gunman acted alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    YES i know but in this case it was a Muslim incident, of course..
    make space in your inbox

ReputationRep:
    According to the Munich police, it was an 18 year old iranian man. Chances are it was Islam that was the primary motive, if we look at the religious demographics of Iranian people.

ReputationRep:
    Police confirm shooter was an 18 year old 2nd generation Iranian immigrant.

Not exactly the "white supremacist Neo-Nazi" he was made out to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah3210)
    it's people like you who've lost your composure to the point of hysteria
    I'm sorry, do you know me? If you want a sensible answer out of me you'd do well to speak to me with a modicum of respect, never mind demonstrate reasonable proportionality (suggest you redact this puerile comment). Cheers :top2:

ReputationRep:
    The left would have you believe that this was "far right nationalists" (even though nationalism isn't actually a bad thing at all and the far right are the only ones using common sense in all this), but later reports have clearly shown that it was Islamic terrorism again.

(Original post by Duncaaaaaan)
    Religion of peace?
    Nah, that's actually another name for Buddhism. It's a name which has been in use for over two and a half millennia, the left just nicked it to suit their own pro-Islamism agenda. For Islam, "religion of war" is more accurate, Mo's (pbuh) motto should've been "pax per bellum" (peace through war). To be fair, the guy had the right goal in mind but his way of achieving peace through forced submission can't succeed. Instead, true peace is only achieved through mutual respect and love. I've got to give credit to the founders of both the Ahmadiyya and Shia sects, they both independently figured this out. Sunni's have a long way to go but Salafi's and Wahabi's are hopeless.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.