Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Two men kidnap priest, take hostages in church near the French Rouen Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah3210)
    I agree clitoris is important. where did i say it isn't?

it's not illegal, and it's not "abuse".

I will certainly reproduce
    https://www.gov.uk/female-genital-mu...on-help-advice

FMG most certainly is illegal.

You are clearly having issues understanding the UK law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I'm not talking about war on an international scale, I'm talking about civilians/politically-related groups who instigate "revenge" killings or beatings on behalf of those murdered by terrorists.

I'm no lover of Islam, but innocent Muslims shouldn't have to suffer for the actions of extremists, and I think that that is, in a nutshell, the point the person whom you called "immoral" was trying to make.
    Thank you!!!!!! This is exactly what I was attempting to make. Hallelujah some one understands lol!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Stop claiming the country is yours with your Christianity. This country is a secular country built on thought and morality not fairytales.
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out that terrorists oppose our liberal values, but claiming that they're against your "Christianity" is absurd. As if no atheists or other religions' people get killed by those nutcases.
    Actually, radical Muslims target Christianity all the time; trying to disprove this or that. They see it as a threat to Islam. So I suppose the Islamists would like to see all Christians wiped out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Actually, radical Muslims target Christianity all the time; trying to disprove this or that. They see it as a threat to Islam. So I suppose the Islamists would like to see all Christians wiped out.
    Let me tell you, radical Muslims would so much like to get rid of atheists much more than Christians. After all the Quran treats Christians as "People of the book", while atheists are no better than pagans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    I mean its highly likely that by "sliced his throat" - They mean he was beheaded. Take a look at the picture of the frail 86 year old victim. Imagine holding him down and beheading him. If you have never watched a beheading video, you are about a thousand million light years away from even being able to try and understand just how unfathomably evil and barbaric this death cult is.
    I read somewhere regarding beheadings that the worst thing, I mean in relation to the Islamist ones, apart from the agony, is that you slowly choke on your own blood. Also, I at first imagined a Henry VIII beheading of his wife [can't remember which one] . As in, a really sharp blade and a quick strike and it was all over. I have since learned that this is not how Islamists do it at all. It is with a knife and often a blunt one. It takes some time. They enjoy doing it slowly. Just utterly utterly vile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    All you have to do is look at how Christianity has been constantly attacked by the religion of peace in the countries which were once non muslim.

There's a reason why when you look at population figures the numbers of Muslims in a country always increases but the number for other faiths either declines or is static.
    I read the other day a Church in Egypt was burned to the ground. Everyone was celebrating the event. Imagine people burned a mosque to the ground in the West somewhere and then scores of people celebrated the fact. They'd be murdered in their beds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    As things stand, they will outbreed us, that is a fact. The government is unwilling to do anything to stop that from happening.
    Well then WE have to stop that from happening long before it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Well then WE have to stop that from happening long before it does.
    Only the government can realistically stop that from happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Let me tell you, radical Muslims would so much like to get rid of atheists much more than Christians. After all the Quran treats Christians as "People of the book", while atheists are no better than pagans.
    Thanks for telling us that.

Do you think the "radical Muslims" regarded this poor priest as one of the "people of the book" though?

Better than a pagan?

Allahu Akbar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZgLGeu0mo

ReputationRep:
    Terrorists were known to the police and tried to reach Syria twice last year and was wearing a security tag at the time of the attack.

Well. Anyone trying to reach Syria should not be allowed back into the western world. And they definitely should not be allowed to walk out in public among the generation population. How disgusting.

Seeing more and more of these murdering loons that were "known to police". Well perhaps there needs to be stronger counter terror measures against suspects. Desperately sad as it could have been prevented if there had been more action.

ReputationRep:
    John 16:2: They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

ReputationRep:
    Mutilation as capital punishment vs mutilation on the battlefield.
    So mutilation is sometimes good and sometimes bad. Ok, got it.

Different things. Moreover Muhammad was scolded by Allah for being excessive in the case of the camel thieves.
    If mutilating someone as a punishment fro murder is "excessive", why did Allah include it in the Quran as a punishment for lesser offences?

The war booty is for the state.
    So, that was not a "rule of war" as Muslims were instructed to steal as much as possible from their opponents. It was an instruction for Muslim soldiers to not keep anything back for themselves and give it all up to Muhammad, so he could choose the 20% he wanted to keep for himself.

Source? Context?
    I did suggest that you looked them up yourself if you didn't believe me, as I was working from memory. But if you can't, or won't, here ya go....
    http://muflihun.com/muslim/19/4322
    http://muflihun.com/bukhari/52/256

Which one?
    http://sunnah.com/abudawud/15/195

Again, source?
    http://muflihun.com/bukhari/39/519

Biographies of Muhammad such as Ibn Ishaq, Mubarakpuri, and Lings are all good sources of information from an Islamic perspective.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been a peace loving person who feels sorry for everyone and I didn't have a violent bone in my body until now I can imagine putting a bullet or 100 into those isis terrorists to run down babies with trucks to behead a defenceless old priest they are evil so evil. I never thought I'd ever say this but anyone who is an isis terrorist or tries to join should be executed and in such a way that they can't be martyred eaten by pigs or shot by women on their periods . You can't reason with these nutjobs

ReputationRep:
    Wrong. Not continuing the attacks is enough to safeguard one's life and property.
    Not true

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah." - Bukhari 2:25

No mention of "not continuing attacks", only submitting to Islam.
    The Quran says the same in 8:39

Evidence?
    http://muflihun.com/bukhari/29/72

Fasad means unrest, conflict. There are different forms of fasad; not all merit the death penalty. I'm not aware of any example from Muhammad's time where he killed people for preaching shirk.
    Fasad means many things (including disobedience of god's law), and both 5:32 and 5:32 prescribe death as a punishment for it. 5:33 also prescribes your good type of mutilation.

Only if you're gullible enough to ignore context.
    Ah, "context". The magical thing that makes the Quran so clear that it cannot be misinterpreted. Which is why it has never been misinterpreted and why there is no need for scholars and tafsir and discussions like this.

Oh....

I'm not a Muslim.
    Of course you're not.

What a hilariously absurd suggestion.
    Why? Do you believe that the Quran is inviolate?

ReputationRep:
    That is indeed abhorrent, but that's not allowed in Islam.
    And who decides what is allowed in Islam? And which muslims does this apply to?

It is definitely not haram in the Quran, and scholars differ over whether it is obligatory, recommended, etc. Indonesia's largest Islamic body has ruled it to be "Islamic" and opposed legislation against it.

So, it is clearly Islamic to some Muslims, and not to others.
    The "perfect" religion strikes again.

ReputationRep:
    So it's not harmful, it has potential benefits (hence why it's performed) and you still have an issue? lol islamophobes will go to any length
    So you approve of the mutilation of young girls' genitals now?

Well, good for you. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I hope you don't lose any sleep over it
    The children who have had their genitals unnecessarily mutilated probably have an uncomfortable night or two. But you obviously aren't losing any though. That wonderful religious morality at work again.

ReputationRep:
    It's been fun. Thanks for playing, but I have no interest in clarifying anymore misconceptions
    Go on, run away. You have no intact positions left to defend. And a Shetland pony would give you a more elevated moral position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    So you approve of the mutilation of young girls' genitals now?

Well, good for you. :congrats:
    Sickening, isn't it?

PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    Yes, and all thoose supposed refugees that come from Afganistan or Norther Africa lie that they are refugees only to to come to Europe to "spread Islam"
    This is just boll*cks. They come to Europe to benefit themselves, not to "spread islam"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.