The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on

Name:  IMG_0400.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  118.3 KB

I got this Downing college tote bag when I went to one of the two Cambridge open days this year. Downing college was the first one I went to, because it was the closest to the train station. I was revered by how much space there is in Downing and the architecture of the college. Spent most of the open day at sessions like: Introduction to Cambridge, Student finance, Medicine talk and such. So I didn't do a thorough investigation on all the colleges I can apply to. Accidentally walked into a female only college at one point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Name:  IMG_0400.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  118.3 KB

I got this Downing college tote bag when I went to one of the two Cambridge open days this year. Downing college was the first one I went to, because it was the closest to the train station. I was revered by how much space there is in Downing and the architecture of the college. Spent most of the open day at sessions like: Introduction to Cambridge, Student finance, Medicine talk and such. So I didn't do a thorough investigation on all the colleges I can apply to. Accidentally walked into a female only college at one point.
    Nice bag, hopefully no one noticed you in the girls college

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Nice bag, hopefully no one noticed you in the girls college

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lady inside the college had to remind me that it was a female only college.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my name is Megan. Dreading sixth form as all I have heard is As go to Ds etc etc.. also going to a sixth form in another school!!
    Studying: chemistry , biology,history and english literature

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here interested in the University of Surrey?

ReputationRep:
    • Introduce yourself:

My name is Alyssa and I'm really looking forward to sixth form although I am very nervous. I spend a lot of time organising and tidying things😂 My favourite book(s) to date are 'The Girl On The Train' and 'Finding Audrey' and my favourite TV show(s) to date are Sherlock, Prison Break and Friends

• What are your hobbies and interests?

I love dance and I do quite a lot of it! I like reading, marine biology/aquatic life and a secret interest of mine is arts and crafts; I like to scrapbook and make things really

• What subjects are you going to be taking?

Biology, Business, Geography and Maths

• Your favourite subject(s)?

Biology, Geography, Business and Spanish (although my school doesn't offer it as an A level subject)

• Your ideal future job?

I'd really really love to be a marine biologist although the courses I am interested in seem really difficult to get into :/ I've also been looking at marketing because it's a part of business studies I really enjoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone come across some killer resources they want to share/recommend for their retrospective subjects?

ReputationRep:
    What is everyone's opinion on The London School of Economics and Political Science?
    I'm also aspiring to be a banker as well and also working my towards Cambridge.

(Original post by Kaho2000)
    What is everyone's opinion on The London School of Economics and Political Science?
    I'm also aspiring to be a banker as well and also working my towards Cambridge.
    Read this thread about LSE: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4273688

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Nice, I haven't done any learning at all for A level yet, I'm going to start in these next 12 days though. How are you learning maths? What website/textbook do you use?
    all i've been doing is watching videos on examsolutions and once i get the hang of the techniques, trying the questions before he answers them when i start school i'll go into each topic in a lot more depth lol

(Original post by kennethdcharles)
    Loool true😂 We start Monday, I'm fairly excited but I'm still trying to enjoy my last few days! You?
    trying not to think about it... constant worry that everyone will have 15 A*s and i'll be dumb in comparison haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    School hasn't confirmed my place although they've confirmed others. No idea why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me some advice on where these alevel choices could possibly take me?
    Geography, history, philosophy and ethics and psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    Are you doing an extended diploma in health and social care?
    No just the diploma course so it's the equivalent of 2 A-Levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing AQA biology and/or Level 3 Health and Social Care diploma?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing EdExcel maths and further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone similar to mygcsescience but for a level science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Just edexcel maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DamnDaniel2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Just edexcel maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Team Edexcel Maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Just edexcel maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay! Im sure lots of people would be doing EdExcel maths since it's a popular exam board for maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Team Edexcel Maths!
    Yaaaas ahaha! I've always thought you have finished your A Levels and are now off to Cambridge to study maths didn't realise you were going into year 12!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.