Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hahahah Reina is better than VDS? Please ... Heck even Lehmann is better than Reina.
    This is the top 4

1.Buffon
    2. Cech
    3. VDS
    4: Casilas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    1) Cech
    2) Reina
    3) VDS

Cech and Reina are top 4 in the world imo, no doubt when he was at his peak VDS was up there but he's dipped in form now.
    Yep, VDS spent too long at Fulham, unfortunately :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_zak)
    So you think Malouda deserves that left wing spot just because he has played 3-4 games whereas Giggs has been immense on the left wing since 1992
    Giggs is still a quality player, but at the age of 33/34, he is not the player he once was.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I agree but does Malouda deserve that left spot...?

ReputationRep:
    hahahah Reina is better than VDS? Please ... Heck even Lehmann is better than Reina.
    This is the top 4

1.Buffon
    2. Cech
    3. VDS
    4: Casilas
    How come you put VDS ahead of Cech in your prem team then?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I agree but does Malouda deserved that left spot...?
    I don't know. I'm not going to get drawn in to picking a world-class XI. Malouda has shown he has a lot of potential but it's a bit too early to judge him yet.

And it's incredible how people can pick a Europe XI including Lahm, Pirlo, Gattuso etc. How many of you can honestly say you've seen these guys play week in, week out. I agree they do have this 'superstar' status, but how well they're performing on the pitch in relation to other players in the European leagues is unknown.

And I've heard Lahm has been putting in very disappointing performances for Bayern - so much so that he was dropped from the team. Can anyone shed any light on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    HAHAHAHA get rid of those biased glasses you have. For a start almost everyone(even most united fans) will acknowledge Reina is 2nd best keeper in premiership(behind cech) and for second Casillas is twice the keeper Van der sar is.
    Reina 2nd best? I'm not even going to go there. You have your opinion I have mine , you think Reina is better than VDS whereas I think VDS is better than Reina.

Let just leave it at that

ReputationRep:
    Cech

Finnan Terry Ferdinand Cashley

Ronald Gerrard Scholes Giggs

Drogba Rooney

Giggs just about edges both Malouda and Cole. 6 English players and 8 from the whole of Great Britain is very encouraging though ;yes; Or perhaps it just heightens McClowns failure

ReputationRep:

Cech
    Neville Rio Terry Cole
    Ronaldo Gerrard Essien Giggs
    Rooney Drogba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)

Cech
    Neville Rio Terry Cole
    Ronaldo Gerrard Essien Giggs
    Rooney Drogba
    I agree with that, i dont think theres 1 right back in the prem that even comes close to Neville, oh and id rather Scholes than Gerrard anyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    I agree with that, i dont think theres 1 right back in the prem that even comes close to Neville, oh and id rather Scholes than Gerrard anyday
    If by that you mean Finnan isn't close to Neveille because he's way ahead of him, then yes ;yes; i agree

ReputationRep:
    I've yet to see Finnan do anything special.

ReputationRep:
    Finnan has been very reliable for Liverpool. He may not be explosive going forward, but he defends very well. Like Neville, he is very consistent. That in itself is quite special, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    And I've heard Lahm has been putting in very disappointing performances for Bayern - so much so that he was dropped from the team. Can anyone shed any light on this?
    So far he's played 90 mins of every game (including the pre-season Ligapokal), and got a couple of assists too... so you heard wrong. :p:

Admittedly, I've not seen every match, but he wasn't bad at all in the ones I have watched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    I don't know. I'm not going to get drawn in to picking a world-class XI. Malouda has shown he has a lot of potential but it's a bit too early to judge him yet.

And it's incredible how people can pick a Europe XI including Lahm, Pirlo, Gattuso etc. How many of you can honestly say you've seen these guys play week in, week out. I agree they do have this 'superstar' status, but how well they're performing on the pitch in relation to other players in the European leagues is unknown.

:confused:

Lahm is playing right back atm and is doing even better than he was on the left. Sagnol will find it hard to regain his place in the team.

ReputationRep:
    Pederson and Arteta have been better than anybody on the left wing over the last couple of years in the Prem. However, I would say neither are world class. Giggs is just too old. He was world class but i think he's lost that edge. If he was 10 years younger with the ability he has now, people wouldn't rave about him as world class. Last season i'd say bridge was better in his half season than Cole, but Cole is the one who has stepped up his game on the big stage in the past.

Lahm is right footed so it's kinda natural he'd do better at rightback. He's just an awesome fullback, better than any Prem fullback, with possibly the exemption of an on fire Ashley Cole.

i Think fullbackwise, Lahm and Zambrotta are better than any pair in the Prem. i also think the nature of the european players means they'd play 4-3-3 rather than 4-4-2 so it is hard to compare toe to toe. it would definitely have more flair than the English side, but i reckon an english side could wear it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx Anneka xxx)
    So far he's played 90 mins of every game (including the pre-season Ligapokal), and got a couple of assists too... so you heard wrong. :p:

Admittedly, I've not seen every match, but he wasn't bad at all in the ones I have watched.
    I guess I heard wrong then.

ReputationRep:
    I've yet to see Finnan do anything special.
    And what special things does Neville do?

As far as im aware, Neville is a solid consistent right back and nothing else. He is a remerkable defender, but he doesnt do anything special?

ReputationRep:
    Neville is a fantastic attacker, you know one that actually crosses the half way line? His crosses are Beckham-esque and have provided us with many goals over the years.

ReputationRep:
    Neville is a fantastic attacker, you know one that actually crosses the half way line? His crosses are Beckham-esque and have provided us with many goals over the years.
    Reality check. He is a half decent attacker of the ball, and has a decent cross on him. Just like Finnan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 19, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.