Turn on thread page Beta

Middlesbrough F.C. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I liked our chants of "You've never been to a home game!"

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah,'stand up, if youve been before'. Their support was bad for 7,000. 3,000 of Stoke mad 10 x the noise.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't at Stoke Were you in the north stand?

ReputationRep:
    Nahh mate East Upper Block 45 next to the Barrow fans. Had to move from the SE as Barrow had my usual seat. You as normal?

ReputationRep:
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Wolves/Brum Away. Tricky, but reckon we can do it, perhaps with the help of a replay. Good away day in prospect too, easy on the train from Darlo.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I should be going to that! What aways you going to this month mate?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps WBA, depends really. And then the cup game which is a near certainty. After this month, will be going to Arsenal away, Man City, and a few others. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    The only away which there's a question mark over is Chelsea away in midweek. Extortionate tickets, and the fact that we're away in the cup a few days before!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Chelsea midweek no chance of that. No visit to the bridge for me.

What dyou make of the SD situation?? I reckon if he doesnt go now, he will go in the Summer. I can kind of see where he's coming from, although I'm a bit pissed off he isnt showing more loyalty after signing a 5 year contract.

ReputationRep:
    Crying out loud... next week is vital!! If we lose next week, I think we're down. You going to it mfc?

ReputationRep:
    My word you have an embarrasingly poor squad. If Downing does go then you might as well start preparing for the championship now. Any new players lined up?

Southgate might get a game himself, might do a better job than being manager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danmccolm)
    Crying out loud... next week is vital!! If we lose next week, I think we're down. You going to it mfc?
    We'll see you in the Championship next year then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    My word you have an embarrasingly poor squad. If Downing does go then you might as well start preparing for the championship now. Any new players lined up?

Southgate might get a game himself, might do a better job than being manager
    We're keeping Downing til the summer at least.. if we won't sell him for £15m we won't sell him at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    We'll see you in the Championship next year then :p:
    It looks that way Alves' finishing was a disgrace. We were quite unlucky though, seeing as two of their goals were deflections.

ReputationRep:
    It looks that way Alves' finishing was a disgrace. We were quite unlucky though, seeing as two of their goals were deflections.
    Digard's red card was ludicrous. Alves, if the boy could finish, would be class.

To be fair to West Brom, they did play well though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Digard's red card was ludicrous. Alves, if the boy could finish, would be class.

To be fair to West Brom, they did play well though.
    Yeah they did play very well. The first half was an even game, could've been 2-2. But in the second half, we came out looking like we couldn't be arsed. Turnbull made a quality save in the first half, he's got potential.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt go yesterday, I guess you did Dan? Tbh we created enough chances to win, but our defence and midfield is simply shocking at the minute (bar Downing who was class again yesterday). Unless we tighten up, and stop leaking crap goals, I doubt we have the fight to stay up. It was crucial we took something, even a point from yesterdays game, but instead we have our best centre mid out for 3 games, and concede 3 to the bottom team, which will destroy confidence.

Also, in an interview after the match, Andrew Taylor when asked is their a togetherness in the dressing room after the SD saga said, 'sort of, its getting better'. Not good. IMO Southgates times up, Id try and get Curbishley/Grant/Venebles or even Souness to motivate these players. Southgate seems too nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfc20)
    I didnt go yesterday, I guess you did Dan? Tbh we created enough chances to win, but our defence and midfield is simply shocking at the minute (bar Downing who was class again yesterday). Unless we tighten up, and stop leaking crap goals, I doubt we have the fight to stay up. It was crucial we took something, even a point from yesterdays game, but instead we have our best centre mid out for 3 games, and concede 3 to the bottom team, which will destroy confidence.

Also, in an interview after the match, Andrew Taylor when asked is their a togetherness in the dressing room after the SD saga said, 'sort of, its getting better'. Not good. IMO Southgates times up, Id try and get Curbishley/Grant/Venebles or even Souness to motivate these players. Southgate seems too nice.
    Yeah I did go, our midfield completely lacked any structure. You going down to Molineux next week?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did go, our midfield completely lacked any structure. You going down to Molineux next week?
    No, I'm away for family reasons in Southampton !! A lot of mates are going down on a bus though, our initial allocation was only 1900 though! Definitely going to Man City though, its on 7th Feb and we have 3,000 tickets. Never been to Citeh either!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 28, 2009
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.