Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was pretty impressed, esp cause he works in east london and i live about hour and half from there.. teachers did well this week

i find general studies interesting, just wish we didn't have to do exam in it, cause the talks are not talks about stuff which we will be examined on, more what teachers feel we should listen to.

In other news, i got to read my reference today. I had to read it infront of the head of year, and then give it back so he could shred it! lol

ReputationRep:
    you dont have to take the exam? I do...

not like I need it though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    you dont have to take the exam? I do...

not like I need it though....
    Do those exams involve any sort of reading comprehension?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, GS is all comprehension, in effect.

It is very, very heavily weighted to Arts students IMO, and it is an easy ubject to get an A in, when compared to other subjects, any how.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by _bonnie)
    Yeah i was pretty impressed, esp cause he works in east london and i live about hour and half from there.. teachers did well this week

i find general studies interesting, just wish we didn't have to do exam in it, cause the talks are not talks about stuff which we will be examined on, more what teachers feel we should listen to.

In other news, i got to read my reference today. I had to read it infront of the head of year, and then give it back so he could shred it! lol
    no.... you missed the point!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    no.... you missed the point!!
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I think my 6th form had found the ideal combination was a single science with an essay subject & something social sciencey e.g. Biology, Geography/History, Economics/Media.

I should think most medical applicants should be able to get an A/B though with some common sense & perhaps a little effort. We didn't have lessons - I did look up what each paper was supposed to be on though. & wrote stuff in the exam - quite novel compared to some people wasting their time in the hall!

I was amused by my mark distribution... lowest module mark out of the 33 was in AS 'The Scientific domain'. Sat in the U6th, when preparing for AEA Biology & A2 Chemistry having done AS Physics.
    Tip - do not try & engage with the flaws or limitations of the 'science' stimulus material, just stick to reading comprehension & OMGZ knee jerk media responses. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Arrrghh one of my mates got an invite for interview at Liverpool Medical School today...and all I have is three crappy acknowledgements...and she's predicted less than me!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well in a sense that's good in the case of them not just going on grades - if that happens to be what it is.

ReputationRep:
    I got my first interview invite today!!!!! However, it's for Sheffield Hallam - my 5th choice course. Still had to be scraped off the ceiling, though, an interview for a 5th choice is better than none.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Well in a sense that's good in the case of them not just going on grades - if that happens to be what it is.
    i've been saying this for months!! they honestly don't care!! i don't talk total crap all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    i've been saying this for months!! they honestly don't care!! i don't talk total crap all the time
    I know it's not just cause of grades, I harp on about that message too

I'm just frustrated cause my other choices haven't given ME one yet, or told me they won't at all...I'm just quite impatient :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Arrrghh one of my mates got an invite for interview at Liverpool Medical School today...and all I have is three crappy acknowledgements...and she's predicted less than me!!!
    She's predicted ABB and got an interview?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool interview quite a lot of people, but stlil, with ABB people interviewed this early on ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil groovy dude)
    She's predicted ABB and got an interview?! :eek:
    Yeah...she had quite a lot of extra curriculars though...but her PS was crap.

ReputationRep:
    ^ There's hope for the rest of us, then.

ReputationRep:
    Stwange

I would have thought if they hadn't got AAB predicted they'd have got rejected. Ah well, congratulations too your friend. :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    you won't be coming to liverpool if you can't get As in bio and chem. they're really strict about it usually.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose they realise that predictions are just that, predictions. They're not always an accurate representation of what a candidate is potentially capable of. I was a grade below my predictions in two subjects.

ReputationRep:
    My college predicted me a C for A-level Maths at the beginning of last year - ended up with an A. That'll teach them for underestimating me.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 16, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.