kit603
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BrenLee)
Someone would appear to be winding you up. I have just spoken to the management at the site office who state:
"we haven't agreed on a date to start sending the permits out yet so we are only taking names on a waiting list at the moment."

If you want to double check feel free to call them yourself on +44 (0) 115 951 8670 or email [email protected]
Thanks alot, a lot of people at school say they've heard back about their permits and some people online have too so it was getting me worried. So long as i'm definitely on the waiting list I can relax
Abby_B
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hiya!
firstly can i say thanks for this thread it has been so helpful! Also i literally just did my choices last night and I can't remember whether i put Sherwood Hall as first instead of Ancaster (which i hope i did) I'm on the portal thing but i can't see where i could check these. Does anyone know how i could? And how i would change it if i needed to?

Thank you!
BrenLee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Oceanaga)
Is there anyway of changing your application? I don't particulary mind if I can't so much, but I wouldn't mind switching my top 2 preferences around.
PM me with your UCAS application number and I'll switch them around for you.
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abby_B)
Hiya!
firstly can i say thanks for this thread it has been so helpful! Also i literally just did my choices last night and I can't remember whether i put Sherwood Hall as first instead of Ancaster (which i hope i did) I'm on the portal thing but i can't see where i could check these. Does anyone know how i could? And how i would change it if i needed to?

Thank you!
You can't check but give me a call or PM me your UCAS app number and I'll fill in the blanks. 0115 9513697
BrenLee
Rep:
?
Hugh Stewart is now full. :ciao:

No more applications will accepted for Hugh Stewart unless there is a valid medical condition. Those who have already applied for Hugh Stewart are being dealt with in date order and will be notified if they have a room there in the usual manner (email or letter).
Lady Leviathan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by razzle dazzle)
i finally accepted notts as my firm today, so i want to apply for accom ASAP! i definitely want to be on the univerisity campus and i'm taking history so i'm thinking FB, Nightingale, Ancaster, Cavendish or Willoughby will be best as they're nearest to the history building. is there a big difference in size between large single study and regular single study rooms? is it worth paying more for the larger room? sorry if this question has already been asked!

thanks so much for this thread btw, it's really useful
My friends in those halls said it didn't really help being closer to the history department.... most lectures (in fact all first year ones!) are in Maths & Physics or the Pope Building, which is on the other side of campus. I wouldn't pick a hall just based on location for the first year.

Smaller lectures, from what I've been told, are housed closer to the history department, but you won't have those until Year 2 and 3. I'm in BGP next year and it is quite close to the history department compared to other departments, but I have a lot more modules actually in the history department. The only undergraduate module that is fully in the history department is Learning History I (and II in Semester II). Seminars are in the history department, but it's not like they're that often to actually worry about.

Friends with large single studies have also said that it wasn't really worth the money for the teensy extra bit of floor space.
markdr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The intranet portal says: "We have received your accommodation application. Once your status becomes Unconditional Firm you'll be allocated a room, in line with your preferences. Allocations will be made in date order of application. Please note that you're not guaranteed your first preference, but we'll try out [sic] best to match one of them."

Does this mean that I won't be given an accommodation offer until results day? It sounds like it, but I thought rooms were allocated before this.
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by markdr)
The intranet portal says: "We have received your accommodation application. Once your status becomes Unconditional Firm you'll be allocated a room, in line with your preferences. Allocations will be made in date order of application. Please note that you're not guaranteed your first preference, but we'll try out [sic] best to match one of them."

Does this mean that I won't be given an accommodation offer until results day? It sounds like it, but I thought rooms were allocated before this.
When it comes to accommodation, my advice would be to ignore the portal completely, it's wrong.
oh_wow_lovely
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lady Leviathan)
My friends in those halls said it didn't really help being closer to the history department.... most lectures (in fact all first year ones!) are in Maths & Physics or the Pope Building, which is on the other side of campus. I wouldn't pick a hall just based on location for the first year.

Smaller lectures, from what I've been told, are housed closer to the history department, but you won't have those until Year 2 and 3. I'm in BGP next year and it is quite close to the history department compared to other departments, but I have a lot more modules actually in the history department. The only undergraduate module that is fully in the history department is Learning History I (and II in Semester II). Seminars are in the history department, but it's not like they're that often to actually worry about.

Friends with large single studies have also said that it wasn't really worth the money for the teensy extra bit of floor space.
dammit, i already applied for a large single study at nightingale! my other choices were single studies at fb, ancaster and willoughby :confused: is it too late to change my app now?
Goddess
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1. Does anyone know what is the closest type of self-catering accommodation to the buildings where Chemical Engineering lectures are being held?

2. Is Broadgate Park safe?

3. Can we spcifically ask for "nice" or newer rooms or to share a flat with a specific friend?
prospectivEEconomist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Are the shared bathroom toilets cleaned every fortnight? Are all the shared bathroom rooms situated on the same corridor? Between how many people do you have to share a pantry?
BrenLee
Rep:
?
dammit, i already applied for a large single study at nightingale! my other choices were single studies at fb, ancaster and willoughby :confused: is it too late to change my app now?
As long as you haven't received an offer yet you can change. You should phone in though as I can't do really do this for you from an unofficial forum.

0115 951 3697
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
Are the shared bathroom toilets cleaned every fortnight?
Common areas are cleaned weekly rather than fortnightly.

(Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
Are all the shared bathroom rooms situated on the same corridor?
No.
Goddess
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Common areas are cleaned weekly rather than fortnightly.
Does this iclude self-catered accommodation as well or is it just for catered accommodation?
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goddess)
Does this iclude self-catered accommodation as well or is it just for catered accommodation?
Just catered halls on campus.
sax gal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have an unconditional place at the uni and applied for accommodation on 03/02. could you please advise me roughly how long it should take for me to be allocated a room? once we have been allocated a room, do we need to take any further steps before september, ie send any paperwork, as i will be out of the country from next week until August. thanks
xxnikkixx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sax gal)
I have an unconditional place at the uni and applied for accommodation on 03/02. could you please advise me roughly how long it should take for me to be allocated a room? once we have been allocated a room, do we need to take any further steps before september, ie send any paperwork, as i will be out of the country from next week until August. thanks
I applied on the 01/02 and I have my accommodation offer but I am staying at the sutton bonington campus which is run by a diff property group than the main campus accom. I was emailed a load of forms including contracts which I had to sign and send back. I then got a receipt for my rent payment and on this I was given my room number. I wont have any more forms i dont think.
Oooo and i had to send off passport photos..what are they used for?
oh_wow_lovely
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As long as you haven't received an offer yet you can change. You should phone in though as I can't do really do this for you from an unofficial forum.

0115 951 3697
i just realised i won't be able to log back into the accomodation website and see which rooms are still available :/ shall i ring and ask to remove my application altogether and start again?
BrenLee
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxnikkixx)
Oooo and i had to send off passport photos..what are they used for?
We staple them to the backs of hamsters and frogs and force them to perform the complete works of Shakespere for us. It's a frightening waste of time, money and stationary but it keeps us entertained. Next week I believe we are having The Taming of the Shrew

but seriously...

We use them for ID cards and keep one attached to your paperwork so if someone tries to pass themselves off as you we can call in the feds.
BrenLee
Rep:
?
i just realised i won't be able to log back into the accomodation website and see which rooms are still available :/ shall i ring and ask to remove my application altogether and start again?
Just give us a call and we will got through the options with you , that way you won't lose your place in the allocation queue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads