Turn on thread page Beta

The Electro Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's all about going back to the roots for me :moon:

Then again...I do like some of the here and now...especially the last one.

ReputationRep:
    omg I just saw this line up and tickets are already ******* sold out!

Soulwaxmas at Brixton academy with Erol Alkan, Soulwax and 2 manydj's

Gutted I missed out

Does anyone have good nights for me to go to in London? Trailer trash is gone, durrr is gone, Ghetto has become utter **** all my nights out have like... disapeared!

And is there anything good on in London for NYE?

ReputationRep:
    hey, i didn't reallly wanna make a thread about this and i figure you lot in here could probably help me with this - does anyone know what the track playing on trailer trash's website is called and who its by? :holmes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ok so i did some crazy recording and cropping shiz off trailer trash's website that i was on about earlier, and came up with this which i uploaded, which is around half an hour into the mix they've got on there. it's mad, especially from around 3 minutes onwards, give it a listen :yy: don't ask about the david guetta pic, for some reason that was one of the first results for an 'electro' google image search :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I love this song at the best of times, but right now I can't get the damn thing out of my head. :yes:

ReputationRep:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Who else is looking forward to Daft Punk's soundtrack for Tron Legacy. There are two, two minutes samples below.

http://hypem.com/#/track/922031/Daft...le+tron+legacy
    http://hypem.com/#/track/920028/Daft...n+Legacy+Theme

Sounds pretty goddamn sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    Who else is looking forward to Daft Punk's soundtrack for Tron Legacy. There are two, two minutes samples below.

http://hypem.com/#/track/922031/Daft...le+tron+legacy
    http://hypem.com/#/track/920028/Daft...n+Legacy+Theme

Sounds pretty goddamn sweet.
    Yeah, I'm more or less pissing myself with excitement

ReputationRep:
    Anyone go to soulwaxmas? Just got back, it was fantastic

Erol Alan, Soulwax and 2 many dj's

Such a good line up

And Erol rocked it with his mixing of waves, omg it was epic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Anyone go to soulwaxmas? Just got back, it was fantastic

Erol Alan, Soulwax and 2 many dj's

Such a good line up

And Erol rocked it with his mixing of waves, omg it was epic
    mate I am so jealous! Where was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    mate I am so jealous! Where was this?
    Brixton Academy, its on tomorrow night as well, same line up I think, the official tickets sold out months ago but there were a LOT of touts around there if you wanna go

Check out the line up for the one in Paris on the 23rd

Soulwax, Boys Noize, 2 Many DJ's, Erol Alkan, Aeroplane, Breakbot, Mickey Moonlight, Clara 3000 and Misty Rabbit
    So so good, I've not seen boys noize for over a year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    omg I just saw this line up and tickets are already ******* sold out!

Soulwaxmas at Brixton academy with Erol Alkan, Soulwax and 2 manydj's

Gutted I missed out

Does anyone have good nights for me to go to in London? Trailer trash is gone, durrr is gone, Ghetto has become utter **** all my nights out have like... disapeared!

And is there anything good on in London for NYE?
    really old but obviously O2 right?

ReputationRep:
    really old but obviously O2 right?
    matter? I've only been once and found it rather soulless tbh

Got a house party on instead where I intend to take a lot of methadrone, delivered right to my doorstep :cool:

Old song I rediscovered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

Old song I rediscovered

I always hated the original. That really doesn't redeem it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    matter? I've only been once and found it rather soulless tbh

Got a house party on instead where I intend to take a lot of methadrone, delivered right to my doorstep :cool:

Old song I rediscovered

Waters of Nazareth is sick. Talking of Justice they are doing a DJ set at Matter with Calvin Harris, Eric Prydz and a few others. If I could, I would.

ReputationRep:
    Waters of Nazareth is sick. Talking of Justice they are doing a DJ set at Matter with Calvin Harris, Eric Prydz and a few others. If I could, I would.
    on NYE? Would quite like to see Deadmau5 too tbh

Try the lastfm page there's always tickets going on there

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to decked out on the 5th? Best line up ever

Decked Out 10th anniversary

Decked Out, the pioneering DJ/artist agency that launched in London in 2000, celebrates its 10th anniversary with what is sure to be the party of the decade with a line up that features Justice, Erol Alkan, Boys Noize, Dave Clarke and Crookers amongst many others.

Party promoters Bugged Out conceived the idea of Decked Out towards the end of 1999 and it is Decked Out’s first lady Martje Kremers’ roster that forms the line up for the party at the Coronet on February 5th. And what a line up! Most of the DJ’s will be playing either special sets or joining forces. In the main room Justice’s Xavier will play with Erol Alkan, Busy P from Ed Banger is playing a special French Touch set, Crookers are playing techno, Dave Clarke electro and Boys Noise & DJ Mehdi are playing vinyl only. Brodinski will hook up with DJ Feadz and The Glimmers and Aeroplane are already perfectly formed duos and the spectacularly named Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo from The Bloody Beetroots will conclude the night. In room 2 are Headman, JoJo De Freq, Rory Phillips, Midfield General, Mickey Moonlight and Decked Out’s first signing Justin Robertson.

All DJ’s will also all be giving up their fees as all proceeds from this special night will go towards local charity Kids Company.

The line-up in alphabetical order:

Aeroplane
    Boys Noize
    Busy P
    Brodinski
    Crookers
    Dave Clarke
    Erol Alkan
    Feadz
    Headman
    JoJo De Freq
    Justin Robertson
    Mehdi
    Mickey Moonlight
    Midfield General
    Rory Phillips
    Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo (The Bloody Beetroots)
    The Glimmers
    Vicarious Bliss
    Xavier Du Rosnay (Justice)
    Can't wait, I got my tickets

ReputationRep:
    Couple of songs I really like from the Cream/MOS Electro albums I downloaded recently:

And my classic for the week....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Couple of songs I really like from the Cream/MOS Electro albums I downloaded recently:
    Autumn is starting to become a massive track. Getting played everywhere! Think I prefer wolfgang Gartner-Yin than 5th symphony but that's just becasue i've overplayed last year too much.

Liking this at the moment.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.