Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simatemcprimate)
    I don't know; the portal between the two worlds is still open so maybe!
    When the void ship is destroyed, the portal will also be destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dokta)
    When the void ship is destroyed, the portal will also be destroyed.
    If they can destroy the void ship!

ReputationRep:
    It's been opened now, they just set it to self destruct. Sounds like a job for mighty rose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dokta)
    As for the Doctor's new companion, what is Russell playing at bringing back the same actress to play two totally different parts? I can't see how the Whovians are going to take this well, might even signal his downfall tbh.
    Yeh i think that as well- 2 different parts!!??!! What do people think of the Doctors new companion- Freeman???? Or do people think they should have picked a different person?? I personally think they cud ave picked sum1 else.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she'll surprise us. Anyone remember the outcry that many fans made when Billie was announced as the new companion?? Least its not a page 3 model like the Sun were hoping....

ReputationRep:
    Why Not, It works with that one that played Gwenyth in 'The Unquiet Dead', she's playing an similar character in Torchwood, alongside Bisexual ex-time agent Captain Jack Harkness, It's a pity that Rose for whatever reason get's killed in 'Doomsday', I like her!, DEATH to the "Sink plunger and egg whisk" people (Daleks)!!!

As for the Doctor, there are three possibilities:

1 - He legs it, with Torchwood in pursuit.
    2 - He sneaks away before they catch up with him.
    3 - They let him go as they might need him (and to make him more willing to help them again).

As for Torchwood, it becomes more public somewhere in between 2007-2012, based on info from 'Fear Her' and 'Army of Ghosts', as for how Captain Jack gets to Cardiff, he and/or the Cardiff branch of Torchwood might've created the Space/Time rift that allowed him to get there, he somehow gets a job working for Torchwood, because of his knowledge of Aliens and he knows that the Doctor has to land near the rift to refuel the TARDIS at some point and then...thank you, Jack Harkness AWOL and he starts to chat up Martha.

As for "Martha", The Doctor's Companion in the Next Series, all we know about her is that she's Human, but where and when is she picked up from? Could be anywhere from 200'500, New Caledonia to 1963, Dallas (!).

ReputationRep:
    Torchwood gets levelled at some point - in series 1 on the Game Station, the AnnDroid refers to something being built on the ruins of Torchwood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz23)
    Yeh i think that as well- 2 different parts!!??!! What do people think of the Doctors new companion- Freeman???? Or do people think they should have picked a different person?? I personally think they cud ave picked sum1 else.
    Thats why i always said it should be mickey, he's come back and knows about the cybermen and daleks surely thats gotta be worth something to the doctor (unless mickey gets killed which seems a bit too obvious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentis Venator)
    Why Not, It works with that one that played Gwenyth in 'The Unquiet Dead', she's playing an similar character in Torchwood, alongside Bisexual ex-time agent Captain Jack Harkness, It's a pity that Rose for whatever reason get's killed in 'Doomsday', I like her!, DEATH to the "Sink plunger and egg whisk" people (Daleks)!!!
    Same charachter isn't it? She somehow makes it to modern Earth to work for Torchwood

As for the Doctor, there are three possibilities:

1 - He legs it, with Torchwood in pursuit.
    2 - He sneaks away before they catch up with him.
    3 - They let him go as they might need him (and to make him more willing to help them again).
    4. He uses the rift to go backwards/forwards for some reason not told until the end of the episode.

ReputationRep:
    the thing i don't get is... if he's a time lord then shouldn't he know in advance what to do and how to do it when faced with problems!

Bit i don't care... cause the program is brill!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight-of-Ni)
    the thing i don't get is... if he's a time lord then shouldn't he know in advance what to do and how to do it when faced with problems!

No, because if he knew how he reacted in certain situations he might do something differently which would mean him knowing to do something differently changes the timeline and so he wouldn't have known to do it diffently :p: In other words it'd create a paradox and he'd be eaten by the reapers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight-of-Ni)

the time lords are not omniscient!

ReputationRep:
    Less than 24 hours to the dramatic conclusion of the series! Ooooohhh it's going to be great!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Dokta
    4. He uses the rift to go backwards/forwards
    for some reason not told until the end of
    the episode.
    That's an interpretation of 2 - He sneaks away before they catch up with him. As for the Gwen/Gwenyth connection, I doubt it as she blew herself up to close the rift in 1869 and she was dead when the Gelth came through.

Originally Posted by Dokta
    No, because if he knew how he reacted
    in certain situations he might do something
    differently which would mean him knowing
    to do something differently changes the timeline
    and so he wouldn't have known to do it diffently
    In other words it'd create a paradox and he'd be
    eaten by the reapers
    That happened in 'Fathers Day' Because He and Rose's past self were too close to them when they pushed Pete Tyler away, THAT'S what attracted the Reapers attention. He said it himself:

Ninth Doctor "Two Lots of us being there made that a vulnerable point"

As for Martha Jones, if she's there when Captain Jack Harkness rejoins the TARDIS crew, I wouldn't be suprised if he tried to chat her up, i'd be more suprised if he tried to chat the DOCTOR UP! (He tried that in 'Boomtown' in 2006 Cardiff with the Ninth Doctor). I expect that he'll rejoin them sometime in between 2007 and 2012 (When Torchwood is more public), unless Torchwood reveals itself via another incidient. How ungrateful is Queen Victoria?! He saves her from being attacked by rejects from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and being completely infected by a Werewolf and what does she do? She makes him an ENEMY OF THE CROWN! She was "Not Amused" THAT MUCH?!?

What next? Richard III chasing the Dcotor with a Broadsword with intent of decapitating him? Might as well crash one of Margaret Thatchers meetings next! Then again, if Rose operates the Void ship and can't destroy it even though she wants to, then she might reappear, but that is as likely as Yvonne Hartman suddenly coming on to the Doctor (i can ONLY HOPE to see that bit!).

Second Doctor Monsters return in spring or summer, The Ice Warriors from Mars with their sonic weapons, could be worse...could be the monsters that are a cross between Mr Potato Head and the Mitchall Brothers from Eastenders, what were they called...ah, Sontarans. We shall find out soon enough in, oh...about 18 hours from when this was posted.

ReputationRep:
    That happened in 'Fathers Day' Because He and Rose's past self were too close to them when they pushed Pete Tyler away, THAT'S what attracted the Reapers attention. He said it himself:

Ninth Doctor "Two Lots of us being there made that a vulnerable point"
    No no, your talking about two doctors being in the same place, i'm talking about the doctor knowing what he does at a certain time, and then doing something differently on purpose. This will mean he couldn't know to do soemthing different and the universe explodes or soemthing like that :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's an interpretation of 2 - He sneaks away before they catch up with him. As for the Gwen/Gwenyth connection, I doubt it as she blew herself up to close the rift in 1869 and she was dead when the Gelth came through.
    Capt Jack is a time agent too remember, he might have been able to go back and grab her milliseconds before the explosion

ReputationRep:
    I thought he was stuck in the future (albeit his past) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I thought he was stuck in the future (albeit his past) ?
    Ahh but torchwood might be his past, so much to say he started way in the future, went backwards in time to help torchwood, back to the future but not as far as his future and then get stuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dokta)
    Capt Jack is a time agent too remember, he might have been able to go back and grab her milliseconds before the explosion
    Could be possible... And with it being Jack there should be a brill back story involving him seducing some lonely pilots time ship (oh wait hes already done it..) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well the ending is near, who is looking forward to it? (Stupid question there)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.