Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Language B - ENB5 - The Big Pre-release Thread! watch

• View Poll Results: Which pack of pre-release are you focusing on?
    The Pendle Witches
    27.43%
    Dyslexia
    41.59%
    Both
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    OK I'm sorry but my brain cannot handle Text G in the Pendle Witches pack! I know what Daemonologie is about but RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH the text is just impossible to understand. All I got from it was the bit about women being frailer than men etc...hence more women involved in witchcraft.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i just dne aleaflet on dylexia, informing parents of it. and i feel ike i have never wrote a pile of **** like that in my entire life, well i do it all the time. i felt like i was basically just copying from the texts. it had no structure what so ever ahhhhhh!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen_rm)
    do a page just on layout before you write your answer (or add to it as you go along)
    like draw blank boxes, when you write the text you can put "Text box 1" before you write it. something like that =] and you can put "note to editor: such n such a font" and stuff like that
    so basically if we get a website question..we draw out a plan of how the page is going to look with the links and stuff..but do we draw out all the pages? and then we write Text Box 1 with the text so we dont actually need to write it out in the style of the website if u get what i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhanna30x)
    so basically if we get a website question..we draw out a plan of how the page is going to look with the links and stuff..but do we draw out all the pages? and then we write Text Box 1 with the text so we dont actually need to write it out in the style of the website if u get what i mean
    I did a practice question which was a website, it was on UFOs. I came out with an A so it really can't be that hard, lol. I just did a plan of my homepage. I put little hyperlinks on it, with the titles of what that section was about. Then I made the titles of the section my subtitles when I was doing the actual writing! I hope this makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    I cant be bothered with this exam lol..i got a C last time so thatll have to do if i mess this one up lol :[

ReputationRep:
    lol I think i get what you mean.. so you just drew out the homepage and the links..and wrote sections for the rest of the website but didnt lay it out in the website format ..i havent done any past papers with my teacher:s x

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's all we could do. That's what our teacher instructed us to do as well. We did a past paper every two weeks, we had a booklet for two weeks to go over then got given the question. It was really helpful in the long run but I never, ever looked at my booklets until I got into the classroom. Don't fret anyway, you'll know what to do when you get in there. For websites it is just the homepage as your plan!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, with grouping the texts, would text H fall into - 1) modern texts analysing the evidence or 2) leaflets/summaries of the story.

thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    he, has ayone gropd dyslexia pak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_examz)
    he, has ayone gropd dyslexia pak
    I have kind of. I wrote out the source, purpose,audience and any relevant information for each text in a table at the front and then used colour coding to show all the texts which had the same features.

I am focussing on the dyslexia pack, find it really interesting. I tried to look through the pendle whitches but found it so confusing even after the first text.

My theory is that if you find the pack/subject interesting then go for that one as your interest may come through in your writing. Well thats what I'm hoping, so long as rubbish questions don't come up on the dyslexia one!

I have finished making notes/highlighting etc, going to move onto thinking about what questions may come up and what I could include in them now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siofra)
    Yep, that's all we could do. That's what our teacher instructed us to do as well. We did a past paper every two weeks, we had a booklet for two weeks to go over then got given the question. It was really helpful in the long run but I never, ever looked at my booklets until I got into the classroom. Don't fret anyway, you'll know what to do when you get in there. For websites it is just the homepage as your plan!
    ok thanku

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what text G is about? and who are PHI and EPI? im so confused i dont get what to do with my packs i want to cry . Can anyone give me an example of audience, purpose, genre, register etc from one of the texts from the pendle witches pack please just to get me started...sos!

Text E - Pendle Hill

Audience- Walkers, Visitors to Pendle Hill
    Purpose - To Inform
    Genre - Informational (Geographical position)/Hisotrical background book

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ^^^

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think that the task for The pendle witches will be to write a play... i think that all the different trials will be the base of the play and the description of pendle hill and malking tower will be a guide to setting the scene - like narration? or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_lilley)
    Does anyone think that the task for The pendle witches will be to write a play... i think that all the different trials will be the base of the play and the description of pendle hill and malking tower will be a guide to setting the scene - like narration? or is it just me?
    I hope not I've never written a play/scene in my life lol

ReputationRep:
    if it is a play then i will have no idea what to do...I think it would be a website or something aimed at children

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still struggling with text F? I studied witchcraft in history so I can understand the old English so I think I've cracked that one. I've read James I's daemonologie before but I didnt have a clue then either! I'll have a look though and see if I can help

ReputationRep:
    Hi just looking at the dyslexic pack now

Im trying to think which audience they could make us target and have come up with
    1) Parents
    2) Teachers
    3) People with dyslexic relatives/friends
    4) Students
    5) Dyslexic people them selves

But am thinking how unlikely it is that they want us to target parents given that so many of the texts are aimed at parents we wouldnt have to change the tone/register ect which is one of the main things they test us on..

Also what kind of things could they ask us to do, ive come up with..
    1) text book/ magazine article for students
    2) Leaflet for parents about understanding their dyslexic child
    3) Leaflet for dyslexic people about coping with their condistion
    4)Information pack for teachers about coping with dyslexic pupils

Can anyone add to this and confirm if my theory about not having to target parents correct, any help will b brilliant thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just looked up Who EPI and PHI are in text G:
    DAEMONOLOGIE, IN FORME of ane Dialogue
    FIRST BOOKE
    ARGUMENT,
    The exord of the whole. The description of Magie in special.

CHAP. I. ARGUMENT.
    Proven by the Scripture, that these unlawfull artes of this sort (in
    genere), have bene and may be put in practise.
    PHILOMATHES AND EPISTEMON reason the matter.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.