Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    ahh i'm also on high grades so it's all gravy. thank god.

erm ive studied chaucer's The pardoner's prologue and tale, and Arthur Miller's death of a salesman, and that's it for english this year. cos im doin lang+lit so the other modules are language based.
    you?
    oh, and ive also added you to my buddy list
    haha i love bein a sub (just became one about half an hour ago lol)
    How did you find that exam on Friday? I did the Biff / Old Man question but thought they were a bit random lol. Have you got your Shakespeare today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    Urgh, Death of a Bloody Salesman. In my essay on that at AS Level, I wrote three pages about how Willy was a suitable name because he was a total twit, an idiotic moron who got no sympathy from me because all he did was delude himself, talk nonsensical gibberish, and ruin everyone's lives both within the play and of readers who were forced to study his stupid stupid life and death.

I got 89/90. Hah!
    I did Death of a Salesman and Blake for my AS exam last year, wrote serious essays and ended up with 75/105 I should've tried the rant instead! Especially because it's true. I guess that's why you're doing English at Oxford and I can't wait until my synoptic's over this afternoon so I never have to do it again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In my maths GCSE mock I wrote "I don't know the answer to this because our teacher never taught us half the syllabus"
    And he marked it hahhaha
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    How did you find that exam on Friday? I did the Biff / Old Man question but thought they were a bit random lol. Have you got your Shakespeare today?
    ooof that exam was a beast. i did the general theme question, about erm....i cant remember..but it was the one that wasnt biff/old man. haha.
    i definitely rambled. and it was the first time i'd written a chaucer/miller essay without notes and in exam conditions lmao.
    yeh had shakespeare today. did hamlet.

managed to put in "frailty, thy name is AQA", and put a question mark on the "there are no questions printed on this page"

i would have done more but i was writing like a maniac to fit all the essays in lol.

ReputationRep:
    totally just drew a picture of a pig wearing a ruff and wrote hamlet underneath

ReputationRep:
    my ingenious friend now has a reputation for "passing on private and confidential messages to the examiner" :P on the pages of the history edexcel exam she decided to write "platypus" and "haemoglobin" on some several pages, hahaaa
    for tve maths igcse paper- an angle that was described as obtuse(which was not) she wrote "AAAAAH!! this angle is not obtuse!!" LMAO even the teachers cldnt stop laughing. rofl hilarioushilarious. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    That's a complete and utter urban legend. The story varies slightly, but is false all the same.

My History teacher at GCSE used to tell that story as truth, though. Silly woman she was.
    What is the definition of bravery? (3 hour final philosophy exam at oxford or cambridge)
    This is.

Is this a question?
    If this is an answer.

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered something from year 10 science.

"Name component x"
    Answer : "I think that Vladimir suits it"

"What is its purpose?"
    Answer: "To confuse me"

Then in chemistry...

"To what group to chemicals x and y belong?"
    Answer: "The Chemical Brothers"

ReputationRep:

"Name component x"

"What is its purpose?"

Then in chemistry...

Ha ha! Lol that made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    I drew a cupcake on my C4 exam today :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bladesman Ben)
    From a History coursework report:

One examiner lamented the intrusion of slack mondern language:
    There was also some sloppy use of language: "Things began to go pear-shaped for the Third Duma", "When the war began, the fun really started", "The Protestant and Catholics were constantly causing agro (sic) over religion

Admittedly not as good as yours but it amused me when I read it
    In one of the A Level Spanish ones... "Some students got confused with translation and talked about murder victims being stabbed with spoons and lying in pools of 'sangria' (as opposed to 'sangre', which means blood).

Not an exact quote, that one.

I love the examiners' reports, they're hilariously sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    In my drama exam about A Doll's House, I came very close to writing the potential hilarity of casting Jonathan Ross as Dr. Rank.

Think about it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

"Name component x"

"What is its purpose?"

Then in chemistry...

my god you keep making me want to rep you! stop it! im running out of days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    my god you keep making me want to rep you! stop it! im running out of days!

just keep the offer of drama geek raving open, and I'm content

Have you done your Hamlet yet and if so, any amusing stuff cunningly slotted in?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I just re-discovered my science papers. One particularly charming answer was in physics, on the same paper as my previous quotes (though they were chem)

"What equipment is required to make a nail into an electromagnet?"
    Brogan's answer: One suitable large common rat.

"How is the equipment used to create the electromagnet?"
    Brogan's answer: Feed the nail directly to the rat while holding its jaws open with a cocktail umbrella.

"Draw a diagram to explain the previous answer"
    ... Oh, for a scanner right now :laugh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    just keep the offer of drama geek raving open, and I'm content

Have you done your Hamlet yet and if so, any amusing stuff cunningly slotted in?
    hehe the offer is always open for you
    and as for hamlet quoting, look up, i posted it in a previous post somehwere. which may or may not be on this very page lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud *wipes speck of sentiment from eye* =')
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm proud *wipes speck of snetiment from eye* =')
    haha oh yeah it was actually one of your suggestions
    ah well the examiner will have somethng to smile about at last.
    and mite i add that your post count is amazing considering how long youve been on tsr. ive been on a year nearly and you're catching up fast and youve only been on a month! yikes!

ReputationRep:
    What can I say, I'm addicted. And once I start ranting about things I don't stop

Gahh, my scanner's still not working with my laptop so I can't scan in the picture from my last post. How frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    What can I say, I'm addicted. And once I start ranting about things I don't stop

Gahh, my scanner's still not working with my laptop so I can't scan in the picture from my last post. How frustrating.
    Sorry for bumping a dead thread, but why not take a photo of the paper instead? I'm very keen to see this diagram

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.