Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty007)
    i got an email from them about a week after i sent it off. but my mate sent hers off AFTER me but got an email before me so i dont think they are emailing people straight away. u could always drop them an email and ask if they got it. ive emailed the uni a couple of times and they reply quickly.
    Thank you I was sure I had read somewhere that we would get a confirmation email. Hopefully we'll all get some sort of confirmation soon (although I only sent mine on Friday, so I won't get one for a while lol)

Tomorrow it'll be exactly a week until Freshers Week, eek! Everyone excited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elvendork)
    Tomorrow it'll be exactly a week until Freshers Week, eek! Everyone excited?
    Nervous with anticipation really - I sense a sleepless night before though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix287)
    Nervous with anticipation really - I sense a sleepless night before though :p:
    Haha, same! :p:

Tomorrow I'm doing a test run on the trains to Roehampton, to see what commuting on a Monday morning is like, which should be interesting! I'm curious to see how busy the trains are because I've only ever there on a Saturday lol.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, same! :p:

Tomorrow I'm doing a test run on the trains to Roehampton, to see what commuting on a Monday morning is like, which should be interesting! I'm curious to see how busy the trains are because I've only ever there on a Saturday lol.
    hi where abouts are u commuting from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpfc4life)
    hi where abouts are u commuting from?
    Croydon, but more exactly Norbury/Thornton Heath. Is your username CPFC meaning Crystal Palace Football Club? I'm guessing that you're from near me then! Whereabouts are you commuting from?

ReputationRep:
    Croydon, but more exactly Norbury/Thornton Heath. Is your username CPFC meaning Crystal Palace Football Club? I'm guessing that you're from near me then! Whereabouts are you commuting from?

im from sutton area. ive done a test run by bus:

get the 164 towards wimbledon then get off in wimbledon and u get the 493 bus that stops right outside the uni!

the 164 to wimbledon took us 26 mins and the 493 bus took 25 mins....

OR you can take the tram to wimbledon that takes 10 mins from morden. then u have to get the same 493 bus.

i timed it all.b.c im sad like that!! lol overall, the tram is gonna be quicker for me. let me know how long it takes to get by train.

ReputationRep:
    im from sutton area. ive done a test run by bus:

get the 164 towards wimbledon then get off in wimbledon and u get the 493 bus that stops right outside the uni!

the 164 to wimbledon took us 26 mins and the 493 bus took 25 mins....

OR you can take the tram to wimbledon that takes 10 mins from morden. then u have to get the same 493 bus.

i timed it all.b.c im sad like that!! lol overall, the tram is gonna be quicker for me. let me know how long it takes to get by train.
    Heh, that's not sad at all! I did exactly the same thing today :cool:

It took me just over an hour to get there, including the 20 minute walk from my house to Norbury train station and the 15 minute walk from Barnes train station to the university. The train to Clapham Junction from Norbury took 15 minutes, and then the train from Clapham Junction to Barnes took under 10 minutes.

I haven't tried going there by bus yet, but I know that I would have to get 3 buses. Maybe I'll try that later this week! Because the last train I can get from Barnes train station is at 11:56pm, so if I want to stay later than that during Freshers Week I'll definitely have to get a bus :p:

ReputationRep:
    Heh, that's not sad at all! I did exactly the same thing today :cool:

It took me just over an hour to get there, including the 20 minute walk from my house to Norbury train station and the 15 minute walk from Barnes train station to the university. The train to Clapham Junction from Norbury took 15 minutes, and then the train from Clapham Junction to Barnes took under 10 minutes.

I haven't tried going there by bus yet, but I know that I would have to get 3 buses. Maybe I'll try that later this week! Because the last train I can get from Barnes train station is at 11:56pm, so if I want to stay later than that during Freshers Week I'll definitely have to get a bus :p:

well we are really cool people then! lol 15 mins is a long walk there may be a bus that goes from the station to the uni. u could always get a cab home if its too late as the uni is a 25 min drive from carshalton so shouldnt be too far for u.

the bus is easier as the 164 bus stop stops exactly where the bus to the uni is. and the bus stops right outside the uni so hardly any searching for the bus stop to get the right bus.

ReputationRep:
    well we are really cool people then! lol 15 mins is a long walk there may be a bus that goes from the station to the uni. u could always get a cab home if its too late as the uni is a 25 min drive from carshalton so shouldnt be too far for u.

the bus is easier as the 164 bus stop stops exactly where the bus to the uni is. and the bus stops right outside the uni so hardly any searching for the bus stop to get the right bus.
    There's a bus that goes from the train station to the uni, so maybe when it's raining or it's really cold I'll stop being a cheapskate and get it :p:

It's good that the bus stop is so close to the uni, means that there's less chance of getting lost lol. All this talk about buses reminds me of our free bus passes that are going to expire soon

ReputationRep:
    There's a bus that goes from the train station to the uni, so maybe when it's raining or it's really cold I'll stop being a cheapskate and get it :p:

It's good that the bus stop is so close to the uni, means that there's less chance of getting lost lol. All this talk about buses reminds me of our free bus passes that are going to expire soon

YOU HAVE FREE BUS PASSES? HOW COME!
    I've had to pay adult fair since I turned 13...
    I got the bus yesterday.. 20 minute journey £6.20

:mad:

Aha sorry... a COMPLETELY un-Roehampton related post!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, still no confirmation email, and I sent the pass like the day after I received the welcoming pack thingy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenniii)

ive had free travel for ages. got a free oyster card and then the 16+ free oyster card. u can only get them if yr in full time education.

BUT ive applied for the 18+ student photo oyster card:

https://photocard.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/showLogon.do

for more info:

https://photocard.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gotoStudentFaq.do

Prices:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/1014.aspx

u have to top up your oyster card either monthly, weekly ot annually.

prices for buses if u have a student card:
    7 Day Monthly Annual
    £9.60 £36.90 £384.00

price for a noraml oyster card for buses and trams:

7 Day Monthly Annual
    £13.80 £53.00 £552.00

u have to put money onto the card in a postoffice or somewhere where the card can be topped up. then the card is valid for a certain period. so if i put on £36.90 my card will be valid for 1 month and i can go on UNLIMITED journeys on the train or tram. however, u can use it for trains too by putting money onto it.

overall you get a 30 per cent savings on the cost of adult Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets valid for seven days, one month or longer periods of up to one year.
    prices for trains:

student Travelcard prices
    7 Day Monthly Annual
    Zones 1-2 £18.00 £69.20 £720.00
    Zones 1-4 £25.70 £98.70 £1028.00
    Zones 1-6 £33.30 £127.90 £1332.00

a normal oyster card for trains costs:
    7 Day Monthly Annual
    Zones 1-2 £25.80 £99.10 £1032.00
    Zones 1-4 £36.80 £141.40 £1472.00
    Zones 1-6 £47.60 £182.80 £1904.00

i hope that helps. ive just done my application and sent if off as it takes 2 weeks to get the card and my 16+ card expires in 2 weeks! i hope it comes in time!! fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:

Yup, it expires in 2 weeks though :p: At least now you're going to be in London you'll be able to get a student oyster card and get discounts, as Kirsty said above

But £6.20?! Wow, that's crazy...

(Original post by FilthyYouth)
    Nope, still no confirmation email, and I sent the pass like the day after I received the welcoming pack thingy
    Aw that's rubbish have you tried phoning them?

ReputationRep:
    Oo thankyou for all that help I got myself an oyster card t'other day.. its not a student one though?

I've topped it up with £30.. should last a while hopefully! can you use it on buses around Roe? x

ReputationRep:
    It's gonna cost me roughly £24 a week for travel. Kinda expensive but it's the only way I can get to Uni in under an hour. Besides, it gives me unlimited bus, tube and rail travel (zones 1-4) so I think it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    :awesome: back from being unbanned woop!!

we're all bad asses in 5 days , need to learn how to get there though lool

ReputationRep:
    Oo thankyou for all that help I got myself an oyster card t'other day.. its not a student one though?

I've topped it up with £30.. should last a while hopefully! can you use it on buses around Roe? x
    Yup you can All of the buses round there should have oyster card readers.

(Original post by flowermaster91)
    :awesome: back from being unbanned woop!!

we're all bad asses in 5 days , need to learn how to get there though lool
    Welcome back! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yup you can All of the buses round there should have oyster card readers.

Welcome back! :p:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    Cheers
    What did you get banned for!?! aha

ReputationRep:
    What did you get banned for!?! aha
    spamming in the H&R thread, abusing the anonymous system and pretending I was in love in someone in some stupid thread (i guess the mods didnt see the funny side eh?). Then I made another account which then ended up being permanetly banned and me being banned for another week. Feel free to read my sig for the mods comments

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2017
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.