No (2)
7.14%
Can't say (1)
3.57%
shoaib farooq
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aayman_farzand)
Ya I already had those in mind, will only mention them if its the third part of 1 or 2, or 2nd part of 3.

Btw, I replied to you in BSF.
kk..tnx for the repky dere
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
Unit 3 - Di and DOnnys Cash Flow Forecast
guys wats the purpose of keeping aside the closing balances of cash....
i guess it might be that Di n Donny considers it a profit.. there is a possibility?
so we might expect a question on the difference between profit and cash
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
guys just one more day to go..by now we have done all the important questions and have sum idea about it..now i would remcommend thaat we go through the syllabus and point out the parts that never came or that we should revise aagain just instead..and spend tomorow practicing all the answers that we have written by now.

GOOD LUCK!
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
guys just one more day to go..by now we have done all the important questions and have sum idea about it..now i would remcommend thaat we go through the syllabus and point out the parts that never came or that we should revise aagain just instead..and spend tomorow practicing all the answers that we have written by now.

GOOD LUCK!
so wat u mean is revise today n practice all the questions again tommorrow.?
thats a good technique i guess..
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
guys guys...guys....i still lack in CONTRIBUTION ANALYSIS some where i dono......any one has some good points of it in relation to case study i would realllyy appriciate thatt...........
thannnnnxx =]]]
princessme786
Report 9 years ago
heyyy just a quik question.. can they give you any other financial data on the unit 3 paper.. because the cash flow is pretty simploe for AS level dont u think??
haider_hj
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by princessme786)
heyyy just a quik question.. can they give you any other financial data on the unit 3 paper.. because the cash flow is pretty simploe for AS level dont u think??

they can
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
In case of grocery retailing
stock is readily converted into cash at checkout counters long before the suppliers are
paid. In retail industry debtors are insignificant and creditors surpass stock by
considerable margin hence, creating a negative working capital margin. Trade credit
generated can be used to finance other business activities and that what Tesco is doing.
Tesco has said that it aimed to be the number one food retailer in all of its 11 over sea
markets. Effective management of working capital would help Tesco achieve this goal.

wht abt this point???
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago
Yes its fine, we have to mention that sales in retailing is cash based.

To practice Cash Flow adjustments, I'll be doing the one from the Marks and Spencer paper.

Anyone did anything about gearing?
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Z for all)
In case of grocery retailing
stock is readily converted into cash at checkout counters long before the suppliers are
paid. In retail industry debtors are insignificant and creditors surpass stock by
considerable margin hence, creating a negative working capital margin. Trade credit
generated can be used to finance other business activities and that what Tesco is doing.
Tesco has said that it aimed to be the number one food retailer in all of its 11 over sea
markets. Effective management of working capital would help Tesco achieve this goal.

wht abt this point???
don't u think this is something really additional? n case study never touches on such an aim of tesco plc..
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hy...ol..um..if you chek the case study again ..and see the figures mentioned in the forecast..it seems di and donny are predicting that teh feedstuff expenses are going to reduce somewhere in the middle and increase in the end..and the recipts for calves woud increase in the two three munthly period in da middle and then lower down atain at da end of da year..i was wondering if anyone knows the reasons behind it...or what we can write if asked...secondly...i dont know what to identify as the semi variable here, variable could be misc..which is missalaneous...and fixed could be labour... wat else?????????
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
and even thought there werent anyting mentioned about stock control here, i still think we should go over stock control and all and think about the most suitabl method for productions for suppliers ...di and donny for example... i was wondering how important "cell production" is because it has never been asked, alsoi think we should go over the graphical diagram of "stock usage"...its pretty easy really, nuthin to panic u just hav to see it once... nuthin to understand really...

and induction training for UNIT 2:

induction training is the process of introducing the newly recruited staffs to the place of work, their supervisors and colleagues along wiht informing them of their staff role and the coporate culture of the firm.

tesco could use induction training for it's newly recruited employees of oldham, failsworth, where about twenty percent of the employees were unemployed for a very long time and some are even disadvantaged.

here i will only write the ponts as i myself cannot develope them...dunno wat hapnd..my brain just stopd wrkin! lol

1.with induction training workers can become more familiar wihtt eh working environment, the ethos or culture of the firm . this is very important for TEsco, as they operate at a large scale and need a standard to be maintained in case of it's employees.

2.it will help them settle in faster and start working and there fore provide efficient customer service and increase sales of Tesco.

3.otherwise there would be chances of induction crisis, that is , when the employees leave job within a week of employment, it will cost high for tesco.

4.it helps to improve the image of the company. (althought i still couldnt figureout how)

5.how ever it should be carefully planned otherwise could be costly to Tesco.
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shoaib farooq)
so wat u mean is revise today n practice all the questions again tommorrow.?
thats a good technique i guess..

hey shoeb...i oonly just saw your question in business forum now and realised that i answered you question even before i knew u asked..hehehhe:p: :p: anywyas....study hard duno wat cums tomorow..evne um all messed up wid unit 3..all we can do ryt now is just go throught the things that we are not sure bout, so that wen the question comes we atleast know what they are asking, unlike last time wen in unit four they asked us two huge questions on standard deviation and cad and all i did was sta re at the paper and try to find out the meaning of those words..arrgg..thats scary!:confused:

oh and dont forget that if you cant answer a questin or face difficulty answering one it is equally likely that half the people sitting in that room are facing the same problem and there fore half the people around the world as well...so the curve will lower down ad yo will still do gud!!! so ooooo loosen up and dont get nervour aryt. wen u get down to business, you gotta think think and only thnk abou tthe business and nuthing else!
aayman_farzand
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
hy...ol..um..if you chek the case study again ..and see the figures mentioned in the forecast..it seems di and donny are predicting that teh feedstuff expenses are going to reduce somewhere in the middle and increase in the end..and the recipts for calves woud increase in the two three munthly period in da middle and then lower down atain at da end of da year..i was wondering if anyone knows the reasons behind it...or what we can write if asked...secondly...i dont know what to identify as the semi variable here, variable could be misc..which is missalaneous...and fixed could be labour... wat else?????????
I think the feedstuff expenses are decreasing because they are planning to buy a lot at the start anticipating higher demand because of Tesco, hence stock of feedstuff lasting for the following two quarters. Again, buying in large quantities at the end of the year, preparing for the next year.

Btw, how much did you get in Unit-4? I want to get an idea of scaling.
morqs ruff
Report 9 years ago
guys is nobody of u appearing for unit 1 or 2????

anyway if anbody wud mind sharing the answers at the 11th hour plz, it wud be really great!!
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by aayman_farzand)
I think the feedstuff expenses are decreasing because they are planning to buy a lot at the start anticipating higher demand because of Tesco, hence stock of feedstuff lasting for the following two quarters. Again, buying in large quantities at the end of the year, preparing for the next year.

Btw, how much did you get in Unit-4? I want to get an idea of scaling.

lol i got a 60 there out of 90..um pretty sure if i knew :mad: standard deviatin and the other stuff:mad: it would have been better so dont judge me!:rolleyes:
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by haider_hj)
1) Using the context distinguish between capital and Revenue expenditure?

Ans1) Capital expenditure means buying of fixed assets that are going to last in the business for more than one year for example: during 2007/2008 tesco opened 574 stores.

Revenue expenditure means spending on all assets and expenses that give a business a short term benefit except fixed assets. For example: the wage paid to the people who work in tesco.

2) Analyze reasons why Tesco plc must distinguish between its capital and Revenue Expenditure?

Ans2) Capital expenditure means buying of fixed assets that are going to last in the business for more than one year.

Revenue expenditure means spending on all assets and expenses that give a business a short term benefit except fixed assets.

Reasons of distinguishing between revenue and capital expenditure are:

1) Revenue expenditures are those expenses that have to be paid as a hole once it has been anticipated like for example wages for the workforce paid by tesco. While capital are those expenses that will not be paid all together when anticipated like for example if tesco buys a truck for delivery it won’t be written in the balance sheet as a whole expense but instead it will be depreciated for a certain amount time like 5 to 6 years.

2) Tesco must distinguish between capital and revenue expenditure because once a capital expenditure is occurred in the long run it can be exchanged for cash for example the lands banks that tecso has if sold can raise the share prices by 40 %. But revenue expenditure cannot be exchange in the form of money once u have anticipated the expenses it can’t be changed to money for example the petrol needed for a delivery van in tecso cant be sold back to get money.
firstly in balancesheet expenses are not shown at all,, n abt the new truck example u have stated above... the value(cost price) of it will be shown under the fixed assets heading n then on annual basis this value will be depreciated n thus book value will be shown in the rest of the years.." apart from this depreciation is an expense n will therefore be written in Profit n loss..

Now to distinguish between the capital and revenue expenditure.. u could mention capital expenditure provide a long term benefit to an organisation (greater than 1 year) where as the benefit derived from revenue expenditure is for a short term usually less than a year...
in addition revenue expenditures are written down in profit and loss whereas capital expenditure in balancesheet.

well n yeah how could u say selling of the land can raise its share price to 40%,,, i guess u wanted to mention market share?.. share prices are often a reflection of a performance of a firm keeping aside the market speculation.

hope this helps
shoaib farooq
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
hey shoeb...i oonly just saw your question in business forum now and realised that i answered you question even before i knew u asked..hehehhe:p: :p: anywyas....study hard duno wat cums tomorow..evne um all messed up wid unit 3..all we can do ryt now is just go throught the things that we are not sure bout, so that wen the question comes we atleast know what they are asking, unlike last time wen in unit four they asked us two huge questions on standard deviation and cad and all i did was sta re at the paper and try to find out the meaning of those words..arrgg..thats scary!:confused:

oh and dont forget that if you cant answer a questin or face difficulty answering one it is equally likely that half the people sitting in that room are facing the same problem and there fore half the people around the world as well...so the curve will lower down ad yo will still do gud!!! so ooooo loosen up and dont get nervour aryt. wen u get down to business, you gotta think think and only thnk abou tthe business and nuthing else!
wow i thought u read my message there.... anyways thanks a lot for the advise

you got some more answers to post here?
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OKAY GUYS...ANY IDEA ABOUT JUST IN CASE MANUFACTURING..ITs not available in any books but its writte in wiki pedia as the manufacturing technique where the products are produced at a large scale before hand just in case there is an increase in demand..which i dont tink is necessary for tesco as it is only a groceries store, an about the non food sector, it can produce sports equiptment in large scale but really, nothin else coz allthe tohers like electrical, clothes fashion changes with time and very fast due to the "fickle" nature of the consumer, and their other sectors that includes the finance and telecomunication they dont produce at all....

and as for Di and Donny, they even produce perishable goods so they wouldnt bother this either so if we are asked.."just in case" we say that its got nuthing to do wid any of those...ryt?

andi bet we wont be asked..anyways...i would like to know about "OFF THE JOB" traininng as it has never come in any of the previous years and there fore has a chance of turning up now...also.... for Di and Donny, what kind of production do you tink they follow? batch or flow? we dont know anything aout the type of dairy product they sell, other than milk, whichi s clearly stated in the reciept section but others like calves..cumon.i hardly think they would sell calves...:P so basically i could use some help in both these cases...

alsoooooo..
also, for sampling and segmentatin its only when thy anonymously survey their suppliers and when the market research group carries out a survey to find out about the market condidition...for the first, we use questionaires and for the latter?

and they are soon opening up, or probably have opened up convenient store format for cash rich time poor customers, how can their marketing objectives be set in order to achieve this....
for products:
maintain the best of quality and people would like value for their purchases.
to make sure that a variety of groceries are kept and proper labeling is done,(nutrition facts and all)

price:
high prices, somethign like what it does for its Tesco Finest

place:
make sure theya re available and can be reached easily by the target customers for example in the urban areas where upper class target could be reached..

promotion:
maybe through news papers as this could reach a wide sector of it;s target6 market, we should discourage other methiods like tv advertisements because it states in the case that they are time poor/..

aryt..anybody else got any other point? um prett sure this is important ..
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for us who are living in bangladesh...LESS THAN 24 HRS TO GO! gud luk guys..hopefully we ll rock the paper cuz weve almost covered every thing inshallah!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads