This discussion is closed.
HappyMeal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=accomoffice;33507757]
(Original post by HappyMeal)

it will tell you everything you need to know here http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/early.html

Basically, you need to fill in an early arrival form and, if we can't get you into your room that night, we will try to put you somewhere temporarily. You are an international student, aren't you? it's not usually possible for UK students to move in early (expecially not to Storm Jameson))
no i'm not an international student, i asked because i thought i might not be able to move in on the day my contract started and i knew i could move in after but wondered if it was possible to move in before BUT it's okay now as i will be able to come on that day

p.s. thanks for being so helpful on this site and getting back to people so quickly
hannnahks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emilymay)
I couldn't find this thread anywhere else so here it is!

Anyone who has got their offer from Leeds and is looking at accomodation talk to us on here! we can hopefully find some students already in the halls to give us some advice and answer our questions, and we can discuss where we're thinking of applying to, and find other people going to the same places

I'm looking at Devonshire Hall myself, it looks amazing Where's everyone else thinking of?

Em x
I've applied to Devonshire too! Old people from my school really reccommended it. I applied for a music place and got it. The guy emailing said 'look forward to meeting you in the first week', so I think I must have a definate place there? But I won't put my money on it because I still havent got my confirmation email!

X
Lorenzo192
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got my confirmation email a couple of days back, I'm in lupton block B, floor 3
Eddieee
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ashleighriot)
Yeah it does
I think either the 16th or 17th depending on when my dad will drive me
I can't decide when to move in, thinking I will on the 14th but I just don't want to be the only one there!
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lorenzo192)
I got my confirmation email a couple of days back, I'm in lupton block B, floor 3
I'm on floor 2, finally another Block B person
Molltroll
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hannnahks)
I've applied to Devonshire too! Old people from my school really reccommended it. I applied for a music place and got it. The guy emailing said 'look forward to meeting you in the first week', so I think I must have a definate place there? But I won't put my money on it because I still havent got my confirmation email!

X
That's 4 of us on this thread for music then!
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eddieee)
I can't decide when to move in, thinking I will on the 14th but I just don't want to be the only one there!
I thought that. I dont want to be the last one there either so I thought since the contract starts on the 14th, id move up on the 15th. That way it's just before the weekend
ashleighriot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eddieee)
I'm sure they'll be someone else there
Jordan M
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When we receive our emails sayin which accomodation we've been given, does it also tell us whether we have en-suite, double bed etc? Or is just where we're staying and all the other details will be confirmed later?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jordan M)
When we receive our emails sayin which accomodation we've been given, does it also tell us whether we have en-suite, double bed etc? Or is just where we're staying and all the other details will be confirmed later?
check the accomodation site then current students and it should say which room are double bed or not if all the rooms aren't. it says en suite in the email and length of contract
Jordan M
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
check the accomodation site then current students and it should say which room are double bed or not if all the rooms aren't. it says en suite in the email and length of contract
Thank you
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jordan M)
Thank you
It also says the total cost...not pretty
you're welcome
zrg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by (:Becca(:)
That's the one, I really wouldn't like to end up in there.
no idea how to use this.... im in sentinel towers... AND I REALLY DONT WANNA BE THERE sorry i just thought id tell you just incase that i'm not a postgraduate or international and ive ended up there so im hoping theres someone else whos like me!
<3 Music
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zrg)
no idea how to use this.... im in sentinel towers... AND I REALLY DONT WANNA BE THERE sorry i just thought id tell you just incase that i'm not a postgraduate or international and ive ended up there so im hoping theres someone else whos like me!
Where did you apply for?
Selenax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Freaking out because I haven't got my email yet
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zrg)
ouch, try talking to them to see if there's any other options before accepting or declining?
ljbuilder
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When are you meant to receive your confirmation email? I've heard nothing :/
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
ouch, try talking to them to see if there's any other options before accepting or declining?
I wonder if that's possible. It dawned on me earlier that I'd be fine anywhere except the quieter places. I don't need an en suite after all. I just want somewhere nice and social I think. Therefore, Sentinel really wouldn't be what I wanted.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yea, doesn't sound like great fun, but i guess it's ideal if you're only there to study, each to their own i guess though i'd hate it
Lorenzo192
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
I'm on floor 2, finally another Block B person

Hah awesome see you in a few weeks then I guess
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise