Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock-Sophie)
    What about the unseen poem?
    The unseen poem was about this mother watching her child grow up (inferred this, but fairly obvious) and how time goes by fairly quickly. It's kind of hard to explain without you reading it fully lol it wasn't too bad in comparison to some of the past unseen exam questions

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anybody got the may 23rd paper, the one with Macbeth and Animal Farm? Sorry if this is a repost

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone im doing english literature june exams poetry across time relationships cluster and also inspector calls and mice n men

could someone please help or tell me which poem is more likely to come up in thos exams for realtionships thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33sh4n786)
    hello everyone im doing english literature june exams poetry across time relationships cluster and also inspector calls and mice n men

could someone please help or tell me which poem is more likely to come up in thos exams for realtionships thanks
    Can you predict which poem may come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33sh4n786)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2548091

ReputationRep:
    What were the two questions for An Inspector Calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.I)
    What I have heard is that Harmonium , Hour , Quickdraw and Ghazal are a few likely to come up in the higher paper for the relationships cluster by the way I am doing An Inspector Calls and To Kill A Mocking bird does any one know how you could revise for something as long as tkamb
    May i please ask the sort of questions u g ot for Mockingbird 2013 June??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanypapple)
    What were the two questions for An Inspector Calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of the questions was about Eric being irresponsible and the other was something to do with the last paragraph of the play about how the Inspector could just be a ghost. Cant quite remember of the top of my head but it was these two questions, for some reason i found the ghost one easier and i was the only one in my school who did that question but it doesnt matter because i got an A*

ReputationRep:
    Dude do you have any information on AQA Summer 2013 English Literature exams?
    Anything will be much appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what were the two questions that came up for the Mockingbird exam?? XD

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone still remember the questions for purple hibiscus in June 2013. X

ReputationRep:
    Ok so, I'm doing the May 2013 exam as practice on TKAM and AIC and I don't know how to answer the TKAM question and I need help answering what methods Harper Lee uses to present the characters

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

When is the English language exam GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I haven't learnt that, but where did you find the May 2013 paper?! Do you know of a link to the poetry across time may 2013?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracicusmaximus)
    Ok so, I'm doing the May 2013 exam as practice on TKAM and AIC and I don't know how to answer the TKAM question and I need help answering what methods Harper Lee uses to present the characters
    Do you have the English literature May 2013 AQA past paper higher poetry across time?? Or if you did the exam, do you know a poem that comes up in Character and Voice and the topic you had to write about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwerrrri)
    Does anyone know what were the two questions that came up for the Mockingbird exam?? XD
    Part A was an extract about Bob Ewell during the trial (red rooster?) can't remember the question.
    B) something along the lines of 'how were attitudes in Maycomb influenced by the trial? '

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the questions that came up for LoTF (Lord of The Flies)?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a link to the paper for revision purposes for 2014 GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissVintage)
    Please could somebody help me and answer this - I'm really upset:/
    I answered the question on 'An Inspector Calls' and I answered a question on a character called Eric. However the question was along the lines of Eric is described as 'half-shy, half-assertive and a little unsure of himself'
    Explain how this and other ideas in the play are used to present Priestley's ideas about Eric,
    and I wrote a really good essay, but I didn't mention the quotation given:/ is this going to affect my marks as it counts as not directly answering the question? Is a C the most I can now get on this section?
    Please could somebody respond to this as soon as possible
    I think that having not included the quotation in your answer will have lost you a few marks but I think that as long as you included valid points about 'how the other ideas in the play are used to present Priestley's ideas about Eric' you will be able to get higher than a C

ReputationRep:
    My English teacher has looked at all the past poems and short stories that have come up and has told us the ones that haven't appeared and that therefore are more likely to be in the exam this year.

For Moonlight on the Tides (Relationships)- Ghazal and To his Coy Mistress.
    He also said that Brothers, Sister Maude and In Paris with You are specified by the exam board (AQA) that they won't be named poems, but you can still pick them for the comparison question.

For Sunlight on the Grass- When the wasps drowned and 100% perfect girl (Don't make me type out the full name!)

I'm personally really happy that these are the ones that are more likely to come up, as they are some of my favourites. Please note that they are NOT DEFINITE, just more likely, as everything else has come up once save these.

Hope this helps!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.