The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Product Design, PreU Global Perspectives (short course)
Hopin' for a UMS avg. above 95
And applying for Engineering at Cambridge. Yay.
Original post by lauraaaaa
It's definitely broke me. I can just tell that the highest I've gotten is an E :frown:

Is this Biology? I don't do it, but I know those at my college were complaining about EMPAs getting marked down before, or something?
Reply 2982
So scared I won't get full UMS in all my maths modules :cry2:
Original post by James A
yeah man, it's getting emotional now :frown: :cry2:

:hugs:

Original post by Tuya
aww
I thought unis had a results day though?

Yeah but it was always the same order on TSR :cry: for years :cry:
Original post by Chloe_P

I know, how awful would that be? Your life would effectively be over.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PythianLegume
Pretty much no-one these days gets unconditional offers without results. I've certainly never heard of it happening to a 17/18-year-old student in recent years.

Birmingham gave out quite a few unconditionals this year to school leavers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2986
I know, how awful would that be? You're life would effectively be over.

You are your life would effectively be over. :tongue:
Original post by x0x
Is it really hard to get an unconditional offer in your opinion if you haven't received your a level results yet?

Pretty much no-one these days gets unconditional offers without results. I've certainly never heard of it happening to a 17/18-year-old student in recent years.

I have an unconditional, but it wasn't exactly easy to get (Southampton Physics scholarship); I sat an exam during my open day and the top 5 scores >70% were offered this scholarship: a generous, yearly, grant and an unconditional place. Fortunately this exam was less than a week after Oxford's PAT, so I was very much overprepared (rejected by Oxford, mind you) for it.
Original post by Chloe_P

[sarcasm]

That would well and truly be devastating if you didn't get full UMS in all your maths modules. IT feels as if the world is going to end and you let us down Chloe.

[/sarcasm]
Original post by Arva

We all make mistakes occasionally :frown:
Original post by Dorkins
I have an unconditional, but it wasn't exactly easy to get (Southampton Physics scholarship); I sat an exam during my open day and the top 5 scores >70% were offered this scholarship: a generous, yearly, grant and an unconditional place. Fortunately this exam was less than a week after Oxford's PAT, so I was very much overprepared (rejected by Oxford, mind you) for it.

Fair enough, congratulations. Also, you're from Slough - we live near each other :eek:
I just really hope this new track doesn't completely crash and burn on Thursday, also I hope its very clear if your in or not
Had a dream not so long ago I got 9/100 on my FP3 paper.

Who else wants to join me in a little bubble of denial that it's only four days now?:frown:
Original post by Infamous12
Does anyone know why universities will sometimes reduce the offer for certain people? E.G. A course that requires AAB will be offered to someone for ABB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the university really wants that student they will make a lower offer for them.
Reply 2994
Original post by wolf-pack
Me too! I'm hoping to do history and politics, and I was so nervous in the exam that my writing was illegible! What exam board are you on?

Hopefully the examiner will understand us :colondollar: I'm on OCR, what about you?
Fair enough, congratulations. Also, you're from Slough - we live near each other :eek:

No way, where are you from? :O
Reply 2996
I can just picture now logging in track on Thurs and seeing my offer still 'conditional'. Will be the most anti-climatic thing ever.
Original post by bunny96
After all, 90 UMS is quite something :wink:

Especially in Physics! You keeping it next year? :smile:
Reply 2998
We all make mistakes occasionally :frown:

:console:
Reply 2999
I know, how awful would that be? Your life would effectively be over.

Original post by Arva

Original post by James A
[sarcasm]

That would well and truly be devastating if you didn't get full UMS in all your maths modules. IT feels as if the world is going to end and you let us down Chloe.

[/sarcasm]

why is everyone on this thread so mean? :frown:

Latest