Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer or rejection after the 4 week strongest applicant email?>< >< ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AH244)
    i also got the " among the strongest" email, i really hope it means something...
    Me too ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."

I didn't receive a 5 week email. Just got the above message today. IR.

ReputationRep:
    I too got the "among the strongest" email, though I am fairly certain I am not one of the strongest applicants. Not sure what to make of it!

ReputationRep:
    Hate to say it, but I think these emails are on timers. They reject people every week, and if by a certain point you haven't been rejected, you'll receive the next email.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. It's still a good thing to receive the email, so you should be happy - just don't take it as a sign that you're definitely going to receive an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Hate to say it, but I think these emails are on timers. They reject people every week, and if by a certain point you haven't been rejected, you'll receive the next email.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. It's still a good thing to receive the email, so you should be happy - just don't take it as a sign that you're definitely going to receive an offer.
    I think this is the case as well. It probably means that you simply remain in the pool of applicants who have a chance of gaining an offer, applicants who are continuously assessed against others. If you are on the verge of gaining and not gaining an offer, it would make sense that you would have to wait a long time for a decision.

ReputationRep:
    I am so unbelievably pissed at the system their admissions team has adopted this year. Though having improved by attempting at replying to applicants earlier, it proposes time frames that it cannot abide by. Not only are they feeding people with false hopes, but also making them but more impatient and nervous. LSE, you need to so some serious evaluation when this admissions cycle is over, so that the candidates next year will not have to suffer from your rudeness again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizy)
    Its ok dw...Apparently my PS didnt focus on international history enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get the 4 week email? What were your grades like? I applied for I.H too...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    Did you get the 4 week email? What were your grades like? I applied for I.H too...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got the 2 week email then the 5 week one...got rejected on my 6 week. Gcses 10 a* ....AS -AAAA ..predicted 3 A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're a lawyer, right? Ahhh I'm so nervous. This is meant to be my relaxation time (just got back from Oxford)!

I hope they send out some offers for Law today - I'm not sure I can cope with the wait.
    Lawyer? I sure hope I'll be, one day ; ) Hah, but yes, I'm a law applicant. I'm two weeks past the end of my 5-weeks but I'm still looking at an empty inbox. Fingers-crossed I'm not speaking too soon as Fridays seem to be reserved for both rejection and further update emails and I've received neither.

I empathise with you. This whole process is nerve-wracking. I used to love Fridays and now they give me so much anxiety. I hope your Oxford interviews went well (?) and that you receive a decision from LSE by next week at the very least. Otherwise, I imagine early January will be doubly stressful for you what with your Oxford decision and your four weeks ending sometime in January!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizy)
    I got the 2 week email then the 5 week one...got rejected on my 6 week. Gcses 10 a* ....AS -AAAA ..predicted 3 A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I certainly don't stand a chance then. Your grades are AMAZING... Mine are below average compared to yours. So sorry about the rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    I certainly don't stand a chance then. Your grades are AMAZING... Mine are below average compared to yours. So sorry about the rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your kind words! I'm trying to too down heartened about it ..but this just goes to show how important the PS is for LSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizy)
    Thank you for your kind words! I'm trying to too down heartened about it ..but this just goes to show how important the PS is for LSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah...I really hope my P.S is good enough/makes up for my crap grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    Lawyer? I sure hope I'll be, one day ; ) Hah, but yes, I'm a law applicant. I'm two weeks past the end of my 5-weeks but I'm still looking at an empty inbox. Fingers-crossed I'm not speaking too soon as Fridays seem to be reserved for both rejection and further update emails and I've received neither.

I empathise with you. This whole process is nerve-wracking. I used to love Fridays and now they give me so much anxiety. I hope your Oxford interviews went well (?) and that you receive a decision from LSE by next week at the very least. Otherwise, I imagine early January will be doubly stressful for you what with your Oxford decision and your four weeks ending sometime in January!
    Ah ok - I think I was around 7 weeks when I received the 'strongest applicant email' so I'm sure you'll get that today or next week.

Sadly, my oxford interviews were abysmal - nerves truly got the better of me and I was resigned to being a shaking, bumbling fool. Hey, at least I know what to expect on January 8th.

ReputationRep:
    LSE has sent me a decision.
    It is in my inbox.
    I know it is a final decision because I also have an email from UCAS saying something has changed on my application.
    Today was the final day of my five week notice.

I don't think I want to open it.

ReputationRep:

I don't think they are sent automatically after a set time. As I'm not sure how that would explain why I did not receive a 5 week email.

I went from 2 week straight to "one of the strongest".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manamarak)
    It is in my inbox.
    I know it is a final decision because I also have an email from UCAS saying something has changed on my application.

You make my heart stop too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gouratiltzen)
    I don't think they are sent automatically after a set time. As I'm not sure how that would explain why I did not receive a 5 week email.

I went from 2 week straight to "one of the strongest".
    I'm not exactly sure how it works - but when I say timer, I mean after a certain period of time, they will send a certain email to all those who are in a particular category/have been waiting a certain period of time.

There could be plenty of reasons that you skipped some emails.

Who really knows xD.

ReputationRep:
    It is in my inbox.

The thing is, right now, the world is perfect.

Right now, the cat in the box can be either alive or dead, and I cannot know which until I open it.

I applied for Philosophy and Economics, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, right now, the world is perfect.

Right now, the cat in the box can be either alive or dead, and I cannot know which until I open it.

I applied for Philosophy and Economics, by the way.
    Gawsh stop being a drama queen. Tons of people are still waiting on a decision, and now that you have one you would eventually have to look at it sooner or later. Just do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.