Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    Yeah congrats to you I'm surprised my only A*AA prediction didn't let me down
    I know what you mean, with the same predictions as you I thought I had a slim chance, even though I personally think I should of been predicted A*A*A :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HBS_34)
    I assumed they would still let me in if I insured them and got AAA. Not so sure after what you said :/ Hopefully they only said that to persuade you to firm it.
    I hope so too
    What are your stats btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Omg LOL I'm in Newport too! Which school are you at? & no I didn't unfortunately, I didn't know at the time it should be based on what you want to study at uni but nonetheless I got the distinction so all is good
    Hahaha I'm at Bassaleg 😂. Wbu? Oh well I'm sure unis won't care what you did it on as long as you got that distinction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Hahaha I'm at Bassaleg 😂. Wbu? Oh well I'm sure unis won't care what you did it on as long as you got that distinction
    Ahh I'm at St Joes, so I'm guessing you don't do economics at A level since you're not in my economics class? 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I'm at St Joes, so I'm guessing you don't do economics at A level since you're not in my economics class? 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah I only decided that I want to study economics in uni midway through year 12 otherwise I would've been in your class 😂 I'm mates with a few people in your class tho. Where else have you applied and what are your stats like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Nah I only decided that I want to study economics in uni midway through year 12 otherwise I would've been in your class I'm mates with a few people in your class tho. Where else have you applied and what are your stats like?
    Ahh fair enough & yeh I know the 3 you're on about . My stats are on the previous page on this thread. I applied LSE,UCL Bath,Bristol & Birmingham, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilumeria)
    I can't decide between Portsmouth, essex and coventry university to study straight econ. Any advice/help would be breather appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey!
    Congratulations on all your offers! Choosing a university can be really difficult so try not to stress about it - it's good that you want to make sure you make the right decision. Have you been to an open day yet? When I was trying to decide open days were really helpful for me, before I attended any I was pretty set on going to one place, but it turned out I really didn't like it at all, where as when I got to Coventry it felt like home. Open days give you loads of opportunities to chat to current staff and students on your course and find out how they feel about it all too. I didn't study economics at Coventry but I do have a friend who did, and they loved it just as much as me even if we were in different departments, she's now working for the ONS so she's done well for herself. I know the economics course here are a pretty lively and dedicated bunch, they even have their own society.

Like I say take you time thinking it through, visit open days if you can. And look at the course content! The same course at a different university can be completely different, and its about whats going to work best for you at the end of the day. If you have any questions we can help with, don't hesitate to drop us a line on here though or email our admissions team - we're here to help!

Best of luck with the big decision. Let us know how you get on
    - Josh

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fair enough & yeh I know the 3 you're on about 😄. My stats are on the previous page on this thread. I applied LSE,UCL Bath,Bristol & Birmingham, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah thats sick man, I had 10A*s and 2As at GCSE but ABBB at AS. I still managed to be predicted A*A*A* + A* in welsh bac tho loooooool. I'm waiting on UCL and Warwick, got offers from Bath and Nottingham, and was rejected by Oxford cos of my AS grades so I might take a gap year. You've applied to good unis, have you got any other offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cov Uni)
    Hey!
    Congratulations on all your offers! Choosing a university can be really difficult so try not to stress about it - it's good that you want to make sure you make the right decision. Have you been to an open day yet? When I was trying to decide open days were really helpful for me, before I attended any I was pretty set on going to one place, but it turned out I really didn't like it at all, where as when I got to Coventry it felt like home. Open days give you loads of opportunities to chat to current staff and students on your course and find out how they feel about it all too. I didn't study economics at Coventry but I do have a friend who did, and they loved it just as much as me even if we were in different departments, she's now working for the ONS so she's done well for herself. I know the economics course here are a pretty lively and dedicated bunch, they even have their own society.

Like I say take you time thinking it through, visit open days if you can. And look at the course content! The same course at a different university can be completely different, and its about whats going to work best for you at the end of the day. If you have any questions we can help with, don't hesitate to drop us a line on here though or email our admissions team - we're here to help!

Best of luck with the big decision. Let us know how you get on
    - Josh
    No one is going to coventry fam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    LOOOOOL man like MrBowcat got no chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Ah thats sick man, I had 10A*s and 2As at GCSE but ABBB at AS. I still managed to be predicted A*A*A* + A* in welsh bac tho loooooool. I'm waiting on UCL and Warwick, got offers from Bath and Nottingham, and was rejected by Oxford cos of my AS grades so I might take a gap year. You've applied to good unis, have you got any other offers yet?
    Yeh I was told about Bassaleg and their predicted grades , nice . I have offers from Bath,Bham,Bristol & an invite to open day at UCL, just waiting on LSE now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Hahaha I'm at Bassaleg . Wbu? Oh well I'm sure unis won't care what you did it on as long as you got that distinction
    Ahh I'm at St Joes, so I'm guessing you don't do economics at A level since you're not in my economics class?
    I'm from Caerleon lol! I guess theres a few of us Newport guys going to study economics!!!

ReputationRep:
    There's really no need to be rude. Some people might want to go there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    There's really no need to be rude. Some people might want to go there...
    Anyone that wants the live in Coventry needs help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askaud)
    Anyone that wants the live in Coventry needs help
    Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Why is that?
    You've clearly never been to coventry...

ReputationRep:
    You've clearly never been to coventry...
    Actually I live there.

Joke. Haha but seriously it can't be that bad..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Actually I live there.

A guy got stabbed there for stepping on someones fresh new J's. It really is that bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    A guy got stabbed there for stepping on someones fresh new J's. It really is that bad
    That's stab worthy 😐

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Actually I live there.

I would rather live inside a Nigerian hippopotamus' rectum, feeding off it's faeces for life, than live in Coventry. It would less violent, more aesthetically pleasing, and I would be surrounding by more intelligent organisms.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.