Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by treenyc)
    Here's my UCAS btw:

Attachment 469611
    It's fine! Anyway....lots of people get 2.2s in their first year and get their act together in years 2 and 3. You graduated with a 2.1, that's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    But you only graduated with one degree. If they asked you to list the modules then you would have just put your first year modules (because they still counted part of your final degree).

You should be careful, because having what looks like a 2:2 degree (a year doesn't really give you a classification) could end up with automatic rejection.

If I were you I would contact UCAS and get it removed. You graduated with a 2:1 degree in Biological sciences, thats all you need to state.
    I might phone UCAS on Monday and ask if they can remove the 2:2 bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    It's fine! Anyway....lots of people get 2.2s in their first year and get their act together in years 2 and 3. You graduated with a 2.1, that's all that matters.
    Do you think you can tell that Exeter is first year and Teesside is second and third?

Would it be worth ringing the admissions where I've applied and just clarifying?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I might phone UCAS on Monday and ask if they can remove the 2:2 bit
    Yeah, because if they just employ some form of automatic screening (i.e. auto rejecting people with a 2:2) or something it may not actually be a human who reviews your academics. It also looks like you got your actual degree in 2 years.

Just list all your modules and grades under the biological sciences degree.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you can tell that Exeter is first year and Teesside is second and third?

Would it be worth ringing the admissions where I've applied and just clarifying?
    I'm not sure, actually. Perhaps it is best to ring UCAS, as ForestCat suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, because if they just employ some form of automatic screening (i.e. auto rejecting people with a 2:2) or something it may not actually be a human who reviews your academics. It also looks like you got your actual degree in 2 years.

Just list all your modules and grades under the biological sciences degree.
    Ah ok I can see what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok I can see what you mean
    In my personal statement I have explained the degree switch so it won't marry up if I just list it all under biological sciences. I will ring them and ask them to remove the 2:2 bit though. Can UCAS edit an application on your behalf?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    In my personal statement I have explained the degree switch so it won't marry up if I just list it all under biological sciences. I will ring them and ask them to remove the 2:2 bit though. Can UCAS edit an application on your behalf?
    I am not sure, but they're the people to speak to.

Except that all the modules have counted towards the biological science degree... you didn't start again from year 1.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, but they're the people to speak to.

Except that all the modules have counted towards the biological science degree... you didn't start again from year 1.
    What a mess! From trying to be honest I think I've screwed myself over 😭😭

There's always next year I suppose 😔
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What a mess! From trying to be honest I think I've screwed myself over 😭😭

There's always next year I suppose 😔
    UCAS will be used to people needing to make changes to their application. Speak to them and then email all your choices and get them to add a note on to your application explaining.

ReputationRep:
    Got confirmation from Kings today, so that's all four unis replied back, and now the wait begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applied to Keele?

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted my PID to Pearson Vue and Acer, but I cant see any trace of it on my Pearson Vue Account. I received an email to say I had updated my personal information but now I'm worried that they havent received my PID.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D_Stephen)
    I've submitted my PID to Pearson Vue and Acer, but I cant see any trace of it on my Pearson Vue Account. I received an email to say I had updated my personal information but now I'm worried that they havent received my PID.
    It should be in the additional information tab

ReputationRep:
    It should be in the additional information tab
    Nope, I can't see it there. Just all the other questions about parents. No questions about uni or PID again

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I can't see it there. Just all the other questions about parents. No questions about uni or PID again
    On Pearson?

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a look at mine and mine's not there either, I checked it approximately a thousand times so I know it was. I think they must remove the page after the deadline to prevent any alterations. I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Are we meant to receive some kind of confirmation email from Pearson that our results have been sent? I haven't heard anything apart from the updated personal information email.

ReputationRep:
    You can always call them to put your mind at rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommyGEM)
    Are we meant to receive some kind of confirmation email from Pearson that our results have been sent? I haven't heard anything apart from the updated personal information email.
    I don't think they have been sent yet, someone said on this thread earlier that they arent sent to the unis until early November

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.