Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said: The believer is simple and generous, but the profligate is deceitful and ignoble.

Sunan Abi Dawud 4790 - Hasan

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) was the most generous of all the people, and he used to become more generous in Ramadan when Gabriel met him. Gabriel used to meet him every night during Ramadan to revise the Qur'an with him. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) then used to be more generous than the fast wind.

Sahih al-Bukhari 3554
    Good posts TMG :yy:

ReputationRep:
    وَإِنَّ السَّاعَةَ لَآتِيَةٌ ۖ فَاصْفَحِ الصَّفْحَ الْجَمِيلَ

And indeed, the Hour is coming; so forgive with gracious forgiveness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    The Ummah is broken. Shattered like pieces of glass. Our brothers and sisters are being tortured across the globe. Their humanity is being snatched away. Their dignity has been stolen. They are being treated like animals. No respect. No tolerance. You've all seen the pictures. Whilst you're eating your yummy food, they are starving to death. When you're all tucked up in bed, they are freezing to death. You've a seen the clips. These people accept la ilaha ilalah just like you and me. Just like you and me. They are part of our family. And rather than uniting to help them, we insult one another, judge one another, hurt one another. If we were to unite, WW3 would spark because: "Hey he doesn't like my sheikh!!!!" We fight over stupid, trivial matters. We accuse each other of following ISIS. And we engage in silly conversations with narrow minded individuals. And then we say "Y'Allah why is this happening?".
    What would the prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam say if he saw us? Are we really the people whom he brought Islam too? Whom he raised the status for? Are we...? We need to stop acting like we are one of the four Imams of Islam because we are not. Just because you know one hadith doesn't mean you are qualified to give lectures. We need to stop being so self centred and acknowledge reality. This is reality! And so is the life after. There are bigger, more crucial problems happening. Wake up and try to do something about it. Regardless if whether you appreaciate it or not, Allah created us all different. You will hate somethings about one person, deal with it! Tolerate it! We are Muslims for the love of Allah. Muslims! Act by your label. Your religion has taught you everything. Our family is crying for us, screaming for our aid, and we are fighting over who recently joined ISIS. Let the SCHOLARS of ISLAM deal with that. Please. You can go empty your pockets, and answer that cry for help. We are an ummah subhnaAllah. An Ummah. The Ummah of rasullullah sallalahu alayhi wasalam. The best man who set foot on earth. How do you expect the non Muslims to 'tolerate' us if we cannot tolerate ourselves? Enough okay. Enough.
    Yes indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really happy to be here subhanallah I've learnt a lot from ISOC

Some excellent posts by TMG, IdeasForLife, Incredible97, Ankabout, Mary562 and beautifulxxx

Keep up with the good posts guys. :yy::yy:

''May Allah bless all you who have taught me about you (Allah) and Islam''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Abu Hurairah reported: Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "Iman has sixty odd or seventy odd branches. The uppermost of all these is the Testimony of Faith: 'La ilaha illallah' (there is no true god except Allah) while the least of them is the removal of harmful object from the road. And shyness is a branch of Iman." [Bukhari and Muslim]
    Oh... I'm shy but shyness is seen as bad these days? Or does the Hadith talk about a different kind of shyness?

ReputationRep:

And obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart; and be patient. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. [Qur'an 8:46]

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. [Qur'an 2:153]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    A beautiful recitation and Great Video
    Jazakallah khayrun for sharing :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Oh... I'm shy but shyness is seen as bad these days? Or does the Hadith talk about a different kind of shyness?
    Shyness is broad - it means not showing off, being humble, not speaking immodestly, not attracting the attention of the opposite sex, being shy before Allah (through humility and submissiveness), being reserved in emotions etc

ReputationRep:
    Ignore those who say it is bad. Especially non Muslims. Shyness is crucial characteristic which we must must possess. Seriously. Especially as girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazing!!)
    A beautiful recitation and Great Video
    Jazakallah khayrun for sharing :yy:
    Ameen. Wa iyyakum (and May Allah reward you too) Ameen!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Zamestaneh and beautiful for your explanations. You guys are right on point haha. :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    What are you trying to say Anka Baaji :hmmm:
    I'm saying you should be careful. Wouldn't want IdeasForLife to get BannedForLife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazing!!)
    I'm really happy to be here subhanallah I've learnt a lot from ISOC

Some excellent posts by TMG, IdeasForLife, Incredible97, Ankabout, Mary562 and beautifulxxx

Keep up with the good posts guys. :yy::yy:

''May Allah bless all you who have taught me about you (Allah) and Islam''
    You're welcome.

All good is from Allah.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Iy...asir-qadhi.htm

Okay thank you. There's nothing wrong with benefiting from people anyway even if there are haters. Take what you can take if it's authentic and leave the rest.

Allah knows best.

Edit: There's this too: http://www.bakkah.net/en/shaykh-saal...asir-qadhi.htm
    Thank you for your links but I wouldn't say Yasir Qadhi is a "hater".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    Family tree of Muhammad pbuh
    ''The relationship between the prophets under the lineage of Abraham's two sons Ishmael and Isaac''

Spoiler:
    Show

Family tree of Muhammad pbuh

thank you for this

I counted 81 generations between Adam and Muhammad

at 25 years for each generation, this would place Adam's creation at about 1400 BC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    Sheikh Anwar Awlaki is pretty good too...
    Awlaki was undoubtedly a good speaker

he is also considered as being the mentor and inspirator of some of the most dangerous terrorists out there - like the famous "underpants bomber", Abdulmutallab http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farouk_Abdulmutallab (a former chairman of the UCL ISOC)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your links but I wouldn't say Yasir Qadhi is a "hater".
    You totally misunderstood my post. I'n actually defending Yasir here by clamining that I can benefit from him despite haters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    thank you for this

I counted 81 generations between Adam and Muhammad

at 25 years for each generation, this would place Adam's creation at about 1400 BC
    Scholars agree over the authenticity up to Adnan. Then from Adnan to Abraham they differ - narrating various genealogies. Then from Abraham to Adam they differ even more.

So the picture isn't authentic after Abraham for sure.

ReputationRep:
    You totally misunderstood my post. I'n actually defending Yasir here by clamining that I can benefit from him despite haters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okies sorry. I thought you were saying you can benefit from haters too... which in some ways is true haha.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.