Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Benteke just can't finish 1v1. He has to find form.

ReputationRep:
    This is literally a mirror image to the Leicester game.

Benteke getting through on goal and missing a sitter.

ReputationRep:
    Benteke is chief bottler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Now, now, that's not a "sitter".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaginal_Rights)
    Now, now, that's not a "sitter".
    It is for a Premier League striker.

Nobody pressuring him; that's as easy a chance as you're gonna get without it being an open net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Jesus Christ Benteke.

Jesus Christ...
    Mannone tho, can't expect poor Tekkers to get past a top keeper like him.

ReputationRep:
    Did Benteke really just replicate the awfulness he did against Leicester. Unreal stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that wasn't pretty at all, but a win's a win, 3 points and up 4 places.

Benteke though... WTF?

ReputationRep:
    Second game in a row we've gotten lucky after missing countless opportunities.

Even so, at least we got the points and we're level with United coming in to the transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Nobody pressuring him; that's as easy a chance as you're gonna get without it being an open net.
    lol that is not a sitter bro....

the chance against leicester was a sitter....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Did Benteke really just replicate the awfulness he did against Leicester. Unreal stuff.
    Be kind okay keepers can be intimidating, they stick their arms out and wave, to give them the illusion of being bigger than they are, standard predator/prey situation here, like in the wild, raw nature etc, Tekkers instincts said "danger, must attack creature with football" rather than go for goal. Poor Benteke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Hmm, that wasn't pretty at all, but a win's a win, 3 points and up 4 places.

Benteke though... WTF?
    I'm seriously pissed off about it.

Like I understand if the keeper makes a great save but it was literally right at him. It's not an isolated incident either because he did EXACTLY the same thing vs Leicester.

When you're at this level and at a club with aspirations like ours, missing chances like that is the fastest way to go out of favour, because one of these days it's gonna cost us points when we need them the most.

ReputationRep:
    WILFRIED LITTLE OR WHATEVER

What is your reaction watching BENTEKKER playing pub-level football

(Original post by Lúcio)

You don't remember the leicester game do you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    lol that is not a sitter bro....

the chance against leicester was a sitter....
    Wouldn't you say a sitter is a very easy chance?
    I would call 1 on 1 with the keeper with no defenders jostling you to be a sitter, especially at this level.

That's just me though, no need to criticise.

ReputationRep:
    Not a sitter but a decent striker should still be burying that, that is twice we have gotten away with it. We have too many wusses in this team, Klopp was not happy in that second half at all. 3 points is 3 points though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Wouldn't you say a sitter is a very easy chance?
    I would call 1 on 1 with the keeper with no defenders jostling you to be a sitter, especially at this level.

That's just me though, no need to criticise.
    A sitter is when it's literally so easy to score and nothing's stopping you from doing so....like how he had an open goal against Leicester all he had to do was tap it in :lol:

I do agree though at a top level a striker should be burying such chances but then again it doesn't surprise me given that Klopp always picks Firmino over Benteke so he's lacking confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Completely different scenarios.

In the Leicester game Benteke was faced with an open net, whereas in this game he was still faced by the goal keeper.

A sitter is a wide open net with no goalie or anything.

I personally think you should all cut him some slack. He scored in both the games and is playing in a team where he simply doesn't fit in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaginal_Rights)
    Completely different scenarios.

In the Leicester game Benteke was faced with an open net, whereas in this game he was still faced by the goal keeper.

A sitter is a wide open net with no goalie or anything.

I personally think you should all cut him some slack. He scored in both the games and is playing in a team where he simply doesn't fit in.
    well said! couldn't have said it better myself :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Tekkers MOTM...I see.

Also genuine question but is ANY away fixture not "tough", right now in the post-match player interview we have Adam with the classic "sometimes you need the rub of the green when you come to a tough place like this"

Yeah.....Sunderland.....tough is **** for a side like Liverpool then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    well said! couldn't have said it better myself :lol:
    As a ST I get rather annoyed when someone shouts "That was a sitter" when I'm still facing the goalie lol :lol: So I feel the need to explain what a sitter is in detail

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.