Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofacademics)
    Well it's looking pretty good for him as I have heard of a lot of rejections from LSE! I think I would choose Trinity over Newcastle, just because the uni is slightly more reputable but I'm not in love with either of them. Even though I know they're both great uni's there's something about studying in London that excites me so much, it just seems so full of opportunity and I visited recently and it just seems like the perfect place for me. But a good degree is more important so I won't be downgrading to any less reputable uni's just to study in London. I'll definitely try adjustment though for King's, fingers crossed they're in it again. I think there's a good chance because there will definitely be those who miss their grades completely and if someone comes along with 2A* why shouldn't they let them in? Especially because they've been in it before so it shows they're open to it. Also I've heard something about less of a limit on the amount of students universities now let it with top grades (don't know if that's true). It gives me something to work harder for either way
    Yes, you can do it. Go in and thrash those exams and get what you deserve, which is the best. If you're not keen on Trinity, would you think about a gap year and reapply to all the universities that you do want. A year out flies in and think of the extra experience you will. Talk to your parents and see what they think.

ReputationRep:
    Are there still a lot of places left in kings or have the majority of offers been given?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasoning)
    Are there still a lot of places left in kings or have the majority of offers been given?
    It's impossible to know how many places a university has left at this point. King's seem to have done the bulk of the applications that they'd immediately accept/reject on principle - I mean, by this point it's probably safe to say that they have. But universities would be sifting through ones in the 'maybe pile' and comparing them to others in their cohort, right about now; I know LSE and Southampton are. They still have seats to fill at the end of the day, so no news isn't necessarily a bad thing. Don't worry about it! They'll always let you know, whether they accept you or not.

I mean, I wouldn't absolutely take my word for it, but my mum's a university lecturer/program director and interviews for her courses, so I have an insight into the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viria)
    Yeah, I'm still waiting, too :/ They asked me for my LNAT score in January and I haven't heard from them since
    Yeah the waiting is tough may I ask what are your grades like and lnat score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srai243)
    Yeah the waiting is tough may I ask what are your grades like and lnat score?

Sure! LNAT's 24; could be better. I got ABB for English, Philosophy (technically RE) and History (I was forced to drop an AS due to medical **** and I'm retaking History and a Philosophy paper), predicted A*, A, A and an A* for my EPQ.

You? Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, everyone. I need help deciding on what uni to go too. I'm an international student, so I need as much opinion as I can get if that's alright.

I've got conditionals from Newcastle, Bristol, Durham, UEA and Nottingham. If you could sort them in the order you would pick them, what would it be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neelianeelia)
    Hey, everyone. I need help deciding on what uni to go too. I'm an international student, so I need as much opinion as I can get if that's alright.

I've got conditionals from Newcastle, Bristol, Durham, UEA and Nottingham. If you could sort them in the order you would pick them, what would it be?
    Congratulations!

In my opinion, it would be Durham=Bristol (I personally chose the latter over the former)=-Nottingham>Newcastle>UEA.

Between the first three, your main factor should be where you want to live. Durham is a very small town, and so it is mainly the uni that breaths life into it. It can be more inclusive and so on, but for me that made Durham a no-no choice.

Bristol and Nottingham are larger, and you'll get more to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neelianeelia)

I would go for Durham, Notts, Bristol, Newcastle, then UEA

Although I'm sure others would swap Notts and Bristol round.

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/whe...d-universities - Check this out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AK201296)
    I would go for Durham, Notts, Bristol, Newcastle, then UEA

Although I'm sure others would swap Notts and Bristol round.

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/whe...d-universities - Check this out.
    Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Congratulations!

In my opinion, it would be Durham=Bristol (I personally chose the latter over the former)=-Nottingham>Newcastle>UEA.

Between the first three, your main factor should be where you want to live. Durham is a very small town, and so it is mainly the uni that breaths life into it. It can be more inclusive and so on, but for me that made Durham a no-no choice.

Bristol and Nottingham are larger, and you'll get more to do.
    Thanks, man! Yeah, I get what you're saying. The small town factor might be a problem since it's gonna be hard to build connections and get to know people.

Thanks for the opinion

ReputationRep:
    Hi are Leicester and Reading good universities for law? Got unconditional offers from both. Waiting on Lancaster and Kent.
    I am an international student btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viria)
    Sure! LNAT's 24; could be better. I got ABB for English, Philosophy (technically RE) and History (I was forced to drop an AS due to medical **** and I'm retaking History and a Philosophy paper), predicted A*, A, A and an A* for my EPQ.

You? Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer!
    I got the same lnat! I didn't really know how to feel about it since I felt the exam had gone really badly oh that sucks about the medical reasons :/ though your predicted are excellent! I am predicted a 42 in the ib, not sure how that exactly translates into a levels though good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting on Bristol, Nottingham or Warwick? I applied on the 28th November - predicted A*AA with a disappointing score of 22 on the LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattlally)
    Anyone still waiting on Bristol, Nottingham or Warwick? I applied on the 28th November - predicted A*AA with a disappointing score of 22 on the LNAT.
    yes I am - Notts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkisthefloyd)
    Hi are Leicester and Reading good universities for law? Got unconditional offers from both. Waiting on Lancaster and Kent.
    I am an international student btw.
    Leicester much better in terms of law.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Waiting for Bristol since 15th Oct. Predicted IB39, standard offer is 36.
    Applied for vice chancellor´s scholarship for drama, results of which not out until end of Mar, so hoping that's the reason I havn't heard anything while plenty of others have offers.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Did anyone who applied in January get an answer from either Bristol or Durham?

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting on Nottingham and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Can I suggest that no-one else responds to the parent current trying to inflame on this board.

ReputationRep:
    I need help choosing between KCL (A*AA) and Notts (AAA) for law! Nottingham accommodation opens next week so don't have long to decide and would really appreciate hearing people's thoughts/pros & cons on this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.