Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the rough cut offs are for GEM? Know they're higher than Undergrad med so not really sure where I stand:
    VR - 630
    QR - 780
    AR - 770

Average: 727

Never sat UKCAT before and seeing numbers on here I have on idea if that's good or bad?

Cheers guys and congrats on everyones results

ReputationRep:
    Just did my test!

VR- 640
    QR-900
    AR-730
    Band 1
    Average- 757

First of all, I would like to thank everyone on this thread for giving me so much useful advice and tips. This thread has been my go-to place whenever I had a problem.

ADVICE:
    VR the same as the official tests, with loads of inference questions. The questions weren't necessary long(about the same as medify) but the difficulty of actually findin the answer or the keyword was much more difficult than medify or Kaplan.

AR was about the same as Kaplan but easier than medify, only because there weren't any complex patterns or patterns like "black shapes count double"( at least I think there wasn't).

QR was challenging as there werent many clear cut answers, but the overall difficulty was like year 9 standard. I worked EXTREMELY quickly and still only had a minute left.

I don't know what to say about sj. It was exactly like the practice test but I never got band 1 before.

Resources: Kaplan 2 day course, 1000Q book(although I only used it for a day), medify.
    I did about a months practice but I only started revising heavily 2 weeks before the exam.

Sorry for the long post but I hope this was useful!

I'll be posting all of my mock scores later.

ReputationRep:
    I recently did my ukcat and I am very worried about my results?!?!? Will I still be able to do medicine?!?!?!?
    VR:470
    AR:720
    QR:720
    Average: 637
    SJT: Low Band (Forgot which one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Just did my test!

VR- 640
    QR-900
    AR-730
    Band 1
    Average- 757

First of all, I would like to thank everyone on this thread for giving me so much useful advice and tips. This thread has been my go-to place whenever I had a problem.

ADVICE:
    VR the same as the official tests, with loads of inference questions. The questions weren't necessary long(about the same as medify) but the difficulty of actually findin the answer or the keyword was much more difficult than medify or Kaplan.

AR was about the same as Kaplan but easier than medify, only because there weren't any complex patterns or patterns like "black shapes count double"( at least I think there wasn't).

QR was challenging as there werent many clear cut answers, but the overall difficulty was like year 9 standard. I worked EXTREMELY quickly and still only had a minute left.

I don't know what to say about sj. It was exactly like the practice test but I never got band 1 before.

That's brilliant, well done!! Got my test tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GWHB63)
    Anyone know what the rough cut offs are for GEM? Know they're higher than Undergrad med so not really sure where I stand:
    VR - 630
    QR - 780
    AR - 770

Average: 727

Never sat UKCAT before and seeing numbers on here I have on idea if that's good or bad?

Cheers guys and congrats on everyones results
    Averages can obviously change so can't say for certain. Id avoid kings and Newcastle with that. You should stand a chance at Barts, Southampton and Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!! I just did my UKCAT I go Avg of 716 Im happy with that

VR - 610 (hard as expected but also im bad at it)
    QR - 890 (this section saved me)
    AR- 650 (I got THE WORST patterns, they were all hard and i didnt understand any of them fully so i dunno how I even got 650 tbh. The only simple pattern there was i missed it cuz of panic. So im annoyed at this section but i know I shouldnt be too disheartened as its a little down to luck and i picked the short straw here
    SJ-BAND 1, really happy about this.

So is there anywhere I should avoid applying?
    I wanted to apply to southhampton, Birmingham, Cardiff and not sure about the other :/ I have 9A*'s and 1A at GCSE and got AAAA in as levels.
    Thanks guys and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Just did my test!

VR- 640
    QR-900
    AR-730
    Band 1
    Average- 757

ADVICE:

In VR how many questions were comprehension and how many were T/F/CT

ReputationRep:
    Did the test today!

VR - 700
    QR - 710
    AR - 770
    SJT- Band 2

Average - 727

Thanks to everyone on TSR. Such helpful advice.
    Messed up on timing in QR in actual test.
    Resources used - Medify (very useful), Kaplan self study course (not that useful) and did Official mocks.
    Practise in timed conditions!!! Did medify, Kaplan and official mocks and still ended up guessing 3-15 questions in all 3 sections in the actual test as I ran out of time. Anyway happy with my score
    Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    Hey guys!! I just did my UKCAT I go Avg of 716 Im happy with that

VR - 610 (hard as expected but also im bad at it)
    QR - 890 (this section saved me)
    AR- 650 (I got THE WORST patterns, they were all hard and i didnt understand any of them fully so i dunno how I even got 650 tbh. The only simple pattern there was i missed it cuz of panic. So im annoyed at this section but i know I shouldnt be too disheartened as its a little down to luck and i picked the short straw here
    SJ-BAND 1, really happy about this.

So is there anywhere I should avoid applying?
    I wanted to apply to southhampton, Birmingham, Cardiff and not sure about the other :/ I have 9A*'s and 1A at GCSE and got AAAA in as levels.
    Thanks guys and good luck
    What type of patterns came up. And for VR how many T/F/CT questions were theRe

ReputationRep:
    So my test is on Friday and I have just done my 1st mock and got

VR - 630
    AR- 500
    QR- 500
    SJ - Band 3

So I'm looking at getting an average of just over 500 for my test find QR hard as I haven't done my Maths GCSE yet will be doing so this year (mature student) and for AR the patterns don't seem to click for me like they do normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha48124)
    What type of patterns came up. And for VR how many T/F/CT questions were theRe
    I cant even tell u what patterns as i didnt get them lol... I got like 3 T/F questions but they were hard ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Just did my test!

VR- 640
    QR-900
    AR-730
    Band 1
    Average- 757

ADVICE:

that's such an amazing score!! Well done )

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, just started using medify and I've been practicing VR. Is it normal to be getting 4/5 correct ish or am I meant to be aiming for 5/5 everytime to be in with a good score😬 what was everyone else getting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Hi everyone, just started using medify and I've been practicing VR. Is it normal to be getting 4/5 correct ish or am I meant to be aiming for 5/5 everytime to be in with a good score😬 what was everyone else getting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2/5,3/5,4/5,5/5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha48124)
    2/5,3/5,4/5,5/5
    😂, were you mostly scoring high though all the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    😂, were you mostly scoring high though all the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got like 3/5 average haha

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, just wanted to check that it wasn't really bad to not be getting full marks as I haven't done a mock yet so I'm still clueless 😸

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone who has medify and done the mocks,
    does it tell you what score you got and what banding?? just wondered before taking a mock, if it doesnt tell you how did you work out your score for situational judgment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessScott)
    anyone who has medify and done the mocks,
    does it tell you what score you got and what banding?? just wondered before taking a mock, if it doesnt tell you how did you work out your score for situational judgment
    Yeh it tells you the score. Usually a bit lower than the usual method people use but seems to be in the same area

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean0219)
    Yeh it tells you the score. Usually a bit lower than the usual method people use but seems to be in the same area

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah great thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.