Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    I'm trying to convince krish he made the right choice but you're not making it easy :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks man. Appreciate it 👍😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    ill hold u if u hold me ok?
    I can't do any maths, too stressed for results day. I did a bit today but not enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    U didnt ask us...
    But dw, Cambridge beats Princeton IMO for Maths.
    Maybe not MIT but Princeton I think it beats it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It also beats MIT fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this lurking reject is back again to give you some encouragement and cheers now with results day so much closer! YOU GO GUYS SMASH THROUGH THOSE GRADE BOUNDARIES AND GET ALL THE A* ACHIEVABLE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Some course Warwick offers that's in clearing, has a fair bit of maths from what little I know of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aah okay. Cool.

Are there any legit honest to goodness good places on clearing that one could potentially grab? Or is it just worth it to take a gap year and work yourself up? ( I know this is a really really subjective decision..but as a general thing, what d'yu think?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    Aah okay. Cool.

Are there any legit honest to goodness good places on clearing that one could potentially grab? Or is it just worth it to take a gap year and work yourself up? ( I know this is a really really subjective decision..but as a general thing, what d'yu think?)
    I would take a gap year but that's me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When are grade boundaries released for OCR and STEP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    Aah okay. Cool.

Depends what Unis you'd be willing to go for tbh, although I think the best I saw for straight maths was Loughborough, Kings and Exeter(not sure about this one) kinda zoned out so not sure if there are anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably been asked before, but what time is the STEP results system updated on Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    When are grade boundaries released for OCR and STEP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    STEP is random, could be Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday with our results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cnoel)
    Probably been asked before, but what time is the STEP results system updated on Thursday?
    Midnight, that is, the midnight before waking up to get your A-Level results, not after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    STEP is random, could be Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday with our results.
    All right, thanks. Do you know about OCR?

(Original post by Cnoel)
    midnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    All right, thanks. Do you know about OCR?

Probably 17th, it is for most A-Level exam boards.

Well, I'm back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Well, I'm back...
    Yes.
    P(x=X)=1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
    P(x=X)=1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, I'm going to try and exercise some self control, but it's already strengthening it's hold over me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Lol, I'm going to try and exercise some self control, but it's already strengthening it's hold over me...
    Yes.
    P(x=S,S)=1
    Yeh bruv yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
    P(x=S,S)=1
    Yeh bruv yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That took me a few seconds to compile that code... It looks like P is a function on a domain of ordered pairs...

(Original post by Zacken)
    Midnight, that is, the midnight before waking up to get your A-Level results, not after.
    That implies we will be getting any sleep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    You get STEP results before the A-level results, IIRC, since they are online from midnight 18th (and the site probably has a lower chance of crashing than UCAS Track).
    Yeah but I already know I've missed my STEP grades xD It's only because they said at interview I'd still get a Comp Sci without maths place if I miss STEP but his the A*A*A requirement, but that's not technically official since it's not on my offer letter soooo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.