Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    lol im trying to reason with myself so i don't check track 6 times a day
    Don't we all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist1)
    To clarify what I said earlier...it seems like there are a disproportionate number of excellent applicants here on TSR. Even if TSR LSE applicants are 5% of the total, the distribution of their academic abilities is skewed so that the average TSR applicant is better than the average non-TSR appicant. So if LSE did give out offers, I would be surprised if nobody from TSR got an offer (especially for a subject like Economics).
    You do realise that you are including me in that statement...

ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Positive thinking everyone! Checking Track 20 times a day (yes, I checked Track 20 times today) is fine, but don't think it's doing me any favours, as I've spent the whole day in a permanent daze and I'm actually going a little insane. Let's hope today was not the last day for offers this year.

In other news, halls of residence at LSE? Opinions slash impressions? (or for you lucky people with offers, where are you thinking of applying to?)

ReputationRep:
    has it actually been known for anyone who got less than A/A*s at GCSE to be given an LSE offer for courses such as government ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crash209)
    Positive thinking everyone! Checking Track 20 times a day (yes, I checked Track 20 times today) is fine, but don't think it's doing me any favours, as I've spent the whole day in a permanent daze and I'm actually going a little insane. Let's hope today was not the last day for offers this year.

In other news, halls of residence at LSE? Opinions slash impressions? (or for you lucky people with offers, where are you thinking of applying to?)
    I'd only really check Track if people on TSR say they have offers.

I'm thinking of staying at home.

ReputationRep:
    so nothing for economics today?

ReputationRep:
    so how does everyone who has not received a gathered pile email and applied early feel about their chances?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabeen)
    Congratz everyone with offers!!! has anyone got any law offers today?
    I have a law offer from two Fridays ago (aka first batch of offers, in case you ask how many rounds of offers there's been).

If you look at the very first page, there's a list of all the applicants and those with offers/rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tribalium)
    did u get your offer at around 5pm two weeks ago???
    Well I got a Track notification e-mail at noon (not noon for me since I'm not from England haha), but I said that to reassure people that there could have been more decisions coming at 5!

Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case today. At least there's one more decision day to go before holidays (19th) for all of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mariachi)
    So, are most people firming LSE if they get an offer?
    Definetely... actually I'm not doing a BSc if it's not in LSE!

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but wonder whether ANY LSE philo+econ offers in the whole WORLD have been given out or not... Gosh... it's such a small course that there's no way I would know !! Neeeed a bigger sample!! *groans and walks off*

ReputationRep:
    I have gotten an offer from LSE for actuarial science. But they want one of my extra AS subject specifically to be an A as a condition. I sat for the paper a month ago but wasnt totally serious about the paper. Now i fear for the worst. Nevertheless, i have already secured all 5 offers, LSE, City, Warwick, Heriot-Watt and Southampton. But still feel bad about it, hopefully my AS would turn out well. haih. cos i really want to go to lse though my friends always argue that city is better

ReputationRep:
    hey dorice, I'm applying for the econ and phil course as well as the pure phil course at lse . I haven't heard anything either...

Doubt that we will hear anything until after Xmas because the philosophy department seems to be asleep.

What grades did you u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrushton17)
    so how does everyone who has not received a gathered pile email and applied early feel about their chances?!
    I've given up hope, I wouldn't put LSE first anyway to be honest (if I got an offer from Oxford that is) so I'm not going to let the lack of offer bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Roem)
    You do realise that you are including me in that statement...

ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

:rolleyes:
    Of course I did realise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorice525)
    I can't help but wonder whether ANY LSE philo+econ offers in the whole WORLD have been given out or not... Gosh... it's such a small course that there's no way I would know !! Neeeed a bigger sample!! *groans and walks off*
    another philo & econ applicant here! I've heard nothing so far apart from the acknowledgement email, not really expecting to hear back from them for a while yet when did you send off your UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for phil and econ and pure phil at LSE and i havent heard anything, i sent my application of around october 15, if i get into LSE it will be my firm unless i get into Oxford

ReputationRep:
    ooh just noticed im down for government and social policy but i applied for government in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemiss-sunshine)
    I've given up hope, I wouldn't put LSE first anyway to be honest (if I got an offer from Oxford that is) so I'm not going to let the lack of offer bother me.
    Not letting it get to you is good. But you still do have chances. i.e. even if you apply in October you can still get an offer in March, Hope you get good news from Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't heard anything from any uni yet although i did just apply a week ago....

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.