Maths Uni Chat Watch

Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DeanK22)
You thinking of taking them?
I very much doubt it, but it's good to see them making an effort.
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DeanK22)
Someone over here tried to warm up some soup by putting the whole tin in the microwave :rolleyes:
Ahahahaha, I find it amazing how culinarily naive some people are. Like the girl who was amazed that toast pops up... on its own?!
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)
Ahahahaha, I find it amazing how culinarily naive some people are. Like the girl who was amazed that toast pops up... on its own?!
You mean it doesn't come in those little rack things?!

Seriously though, I didn't realize how awesome breakfast was until this year...
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Our toast doesn't pop up when it is done :emo:. It's a Dualit and makes a whirring noise then click when it's done. It's like the kitchen sex object.
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheTallOne)
Our toast doesn't pop up when it is done :emo:. It's a Dualit and makes a whirring noise then click when it's done. It's like the kitchen sex object.
That's fair enough, but this girl had never used a toaster. Everrrrr.
"So, wait, you've never had toast?"
"Yes, but we make it in the Arga"
Of course you do... :o:

Also SimonM - I agree with you so strongly. What do you get? Here you can have a bowl full of pineapple, which is awesome. Plus other stuff with it, but it's the pineapple that stands out :love: Ohh, and chocolate milk.
around
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
3000th post! No anteater?

Our corridor stinks of burnt toast because someone put a roll in the microwave for five minutes and it set on fire. Now we have no microwave or toaster, and therefore no Pop Tarts
One of my friends had some of her friends over to stay once, and they were telling us about how, at their uni halls, someone had **** in a plastic bag and then put it in the microwave to see what happened.
Hathlan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by around)
One of my friends had some of her friends over to stay once, and they were telling us about how, at their uni halls, someone had **** in a plastic bag and then put it in the microwave to see what happened.
Small world.
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Also SimonM - I agree with you so strongly. What do you get? Here you can have a bowl full of pineapple, which is awesome. Plus other stuff with it, but it's the pineapple that stands out :love: Ohh, and chocolate milk.
Usually, sausage, egg, bacon, mushrooms, croissant, toast and then coco pops for pudding. (Rowing is making me excessively hungry)
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
3000th post! No anteater?

Our corridor stinks of burnt toast because someone put a roll in the microwave for five minutes and it set on fire. Now we have no microwave or toaster, and therefore no Pop Tarts
Damn, didn't even spot the post count

I'm getting TSR-old...
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SimonM)
Usually, sausage, egg, bacon, mushrooms, croissant, toast and then coco pops for pudding. (Rowing is making me excessively hungry)
I find scrambled egg too watery at college, you must have superior cooks or a stronger stomach.

I got a text from our corridor weirdo last night saying "sorry you had to leave, hope you enjoy your evening, or what's left of it", which kinda sounded like a death threat...
Missing four hours of tutorials today because I am too tired. Dreams of being murdered not helping fatigue.

Hosht, I'm going to be an extra in George Gently. I am so cool.
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I find scrambled egg too watery at college, you must have superior cooks or a stronger stomach
They're fried, and I reckon pretty good, but to be honest I'd eat pretty much anything at the moment. I've been eating stupid amounts for Lent Bumps, yesterday after a comfortable row-over, three of our crew thought a gentle 2k on the ergs would be the best way to burn the excess energy.
The Muon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys. Not posting alot on TSR anymore, let my sub run out and everything, I feel like I'm growing up (or just being consistently too busy) but the time has come where I need you to give me help.
Now my college are getting maths T-shirts and I need one with a 'maths name on it' and so what I am saying is rep to the person who can pun my name mathematically the best

Name: Alex Martin [most of you already knew this anyways but if you quote this post please delete the name - i intend to edit this post in a week or so so my surname is not here]

Cheers guys
sonofdot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:drool: I'm jealous of anyone who lives close enough to their college to have breakfast there. Third year...
Oh I Really Don't Care
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Muon)
Hey guys. Not posting alot on TSR anymore, let my sub run out and everything, I feel like I'm growing up (or just being consistently too busy) but the time has come where I need you to give me help.
Now my college are getting maths T-shirts and I need one with a 'maths name on it' and so what I am saying is rep to the person who can pun my name mathematically the best

Name: Alex Martin [most of you already knew this anyways but if you quote this post please delete the name - i intend to edit this post in a week or so so my surname is not here]

Cheers guys
Alexander Artin [after Alexandar Groethendiek and Emil Artin?].
around
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Alex SMARTin?
.matt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't feel bad about missing my Cambridge offer until I read this post :coma:
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .matt)
I didn't feel bad about missing my Cambridge offer until I read this post :coma:
I can assure you that breakfast is one of the things that most people in Cambridge don't take. There are about 20 regulars to breakfast at Christ's, it's reduced by the time: 8:15-9:00. Although perfect for morning outings, not so great for the average student who wakes up 5 minutes before his 10:00 lectures.
.matt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can assure you that breakfast is one of the things that most people in Cambridge don't take. There are about 20 regulars to breakfast at Christ's, it's reduced by the time: 8:15-9:00. Although perfect for morning outings, not so great for the average student who wakes up 5 minutes before his 10:00 lectures.
Yeah, I seldom eat breakfast myself (time making it better spent sleeping...), but how can anyone refuse a cooked breakfast if someone else makes it? :p:
TheNihilist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can anyone recommend any good risk, game theory, probability or financial maths books out there which aren't textbooks?

EDIT: I was thinking of "Thinking Strategically" by A.Dixit and B.Nalebuff, but reading the Amazon reviews there isn't that much mathematically content.
BJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Muon)
Now my college are getting maths T-shirts[...]
:confused:

P.S. Have you considered changing your name to something more eminently punnable?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (161)
39.08%
No - but I will (22)
5.34%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (199)
48.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed