Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsNeverLupus)
    I did the same, sure if the enzyme becomes denatured then the acetyl choline can't be broken down and no more AP is transmitted? ah well I'll probs retake and hope they give a proper exam this time
    I'll probably have to retake too, and yeah, hopefully nothing more will be asked about seals :').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tacita)
    I'm sticking with 6.1% :cool:
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    overall the paper was biology there was stuff on excretion/nervous system/photosynthesis/glycolysis

ReputationRep:
    I suppose both papers this year are meant to be synoptic so thats how they justify it, but it did seem to miss out huge chunks of the course. Althought that might be cause there was really to much content for it to be covered in an hour exam.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, just come out from Biology and can confirm a couple of answers, while giving views on others;

- The tissue lining the PCT was epithelial.
    - The vessels for dialysis were Renal Artery to Renal Vein...so some of you can take your arteriole-ventricular artificials and shunt it! :P Still, no sign of it in the Heinemann textbook...
    - The reason for the counter-current was to keep a constant diffusion gradient.
    - The teacher got the percentage as 17.9%

Eh, the last one was the two-mark question, and I at least got that right...

ReputationRep:
    people WE NEED TO MAKE IT INTO THE NEWS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pur-Rulz)
    Okay, just come out from Biology and can confirm a couple of answers, while giving views on others;

- The tissue lining the PCT was epithelial.
    - The vessels for dialysis were Renal Artery to Renal Vein...so some of you can take your arteriole-ventricular artificials and shunt it! :P Still, no sign of it in the Heinemann textbook...
    - The reason for the counter-current was to keep a constant diffusion gradient.
    - The teacher got the percentage as 17.9%

Eh, the last one was the two-mark question, and I at least got that right...
    was is the seal question about thermoregulation or synoptic?
    why didn't you ask anything on seals ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    people WE NEED TO MAKE IT INTO THE NEWS!
    i've already sent an email to bbc education and we just need to wait
    and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    i've already sent an email to bbc education and we just need to wait
    and see.
    :bigsmile: did you draw their attention to the FB group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    :bigsmile: did you draw their attention to the FB group?
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    We should organise a demonstration outside OCR's main headquarters in cambridge. ******* *******s :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    was is the seal question about thermoregulation or synoptic?
    why didn't you ask anything on seals ?
    The other four girls in the class (that's how many turned up, excluding me) were too busy ranting on about how the seal was stupid to produce a discussion. However, I did hear him say that he'd have answered by referring to myogloblin/heamogloblin buffering, so I'm pretty sure thermoregulation didn't come into it.

And the AQA Facebook thing is already on the news. :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pur-Rulz)
    The other four girls in the class (that's how many turned up, excluding me) were too busy ranting on about how the seal was stupid to produce a discussion. However, I did hear him say that he'd have answered by referring to myogloblin/heamogloblin buffering, so I'm pretty sure thermoregulation didn't come into it.

And the AQA Facebook thing is already on the news. :O
    "Genna: our teacher told us the question was about thermoregulation, i was clueless!! Definitely did not put anything about thermoregulation!!!! x" comment from OCR facebook protest

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8480563.stm

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, we need to get the seal famous. So the OCR seal and AQA shrew can have uberly confusing babies. GOGOGOGOGOGO.

Lets GET THIS FACEBOOK GROUP GOING!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well he does have something like twenty years experience, so I think he'd know a thermoregulation question if he saw one. Besides, he knew what buffering was without needing to look on page 95, question 5.

ReputationRep:
    "A spokemen said OCR is looking into this" lol wish it was phrased this way

ReputationRep:
    That's our aim!!!!!!

This is the truth:

this exam required minimal revision. OCR penalised the people who actually revised. **** OCR.

ReputationRep:
    I want to see the AQA paper now. Big question... which one was the worst? I'm guessing AQA, based on the replies to that exam's thread, BBC article, etc. Still...

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't like this paper,

OCR Biology Unit 4 exam (25/01/2010) was a disgrace.

Come on people, we have to make it into the news like AQA:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.