Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Would love Lamela at the Arsenal! He's exceptional in the Rosicky role, and can play well on the right just as well, cutting in on his left foot. Right now you could raid a top young team from the Serie A! Pogba, Lamela, El Shaarawy, Marquinhos, Insigne and Jovetic to name a few!
    IMO If we get lamela, pogba and marquinhos we'd be sorted for next season!

How much would this cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    IMO If we get lamela, pogba and marquinhos we'd be sorted for next season!

How much would this cost?
    A fair whack out of that 70million kitty anyway! Pogba could happen as apparently he's unsettlled at Juvue - racism is annoying him or something. Roma aren't keen on selling either so we would be paying a fair wee bit! Probably each valued somewhere between 15-25 million right now I'd say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    A fair whack out of that 70million kitty anyway! Pogba could happen as apparently he's unsettlled at Juvue - racism is annoying him or something. Roma aren't keen on selling either so we would be paying a fair wee bit! Probably each valued somewhere between 15-25 million right now I'd say?
    These three would probably cost about 60 million in total but i can see it happening if wenger wants it too. We'll have to use a bit more than the 10 mil we have left to buy another striker though. These three plus a striker and extending sagna's contract (jenkinson isn't ready yet imo) would be perfect. Sagna's contract should be extended for a couple of years so he is a starter next year and then back up to jenkinson and then he can retire when bellerin is ready and become a coach at arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Pogs wouldn't go for anywhere near as little as 15m :lol: He'd probably cost half the '70m kitty' by himself, especially with Raoila as his agent who'd probably want a slice too.
    He's one of 8 players Conte's said have an immediate future at Juve i.e guaranteed to still be there next season. Also, I doubt he'd make that step; from Juventus to Arsenal atm isn't all that feasible.
    Landing him would be immense though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Pogs wouldn't go for anywhere near as little as 15m :lol: He'd probably cost half the '70m kitty' by himself, not to mention with Raiola as his agent, he'd probably want a slice too.
    He's one of 8 players Conte's said have an immediate future at Juve i.e guaranteed to still be there next season. Also, I doubt he'd make that step; from Juventus to Arsenal atm isn't all that feasible.
    Pogba seems to want to move because or the racism so that plus wengers negotiating could get us pogba for less than 20 mil

There is no chance that pogba will cost 35 million

ReputationRep:
    These three would probably cost about 60 million in total but i can see it happening if wenger wants it too. We'll have to use a bit more than the 10 mil we have left to buy another striker though. These three plus a striker and extending sagna's contract (jenkinson isn't ready yet imo) would be perfect. Sagna's contract should be extended for a couple of years so he is a starter next year and then back up to jenkinson and then he can retire when bellerin is ready and become a coach at arsenal
    The 70m can go upto 100m ish I remember reading somewhere if we need it to, so shall play by ear on that. Would like Sagna's contract expired, would like a season where no first team players leave us, would be a good platform for next season. Sagna has a year or so left in him I would say, then we'll be onto Jenks/Bellerin as our 2 right backs. If Sagna did leave I can't really think of too many right backs out there that are at his level and are available to leave!

(Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Pogs wouldn't go for anywhere near as little as 15m :lol: He'd probably cost half the '70m kitty' by himself, especially with Raoila as his agent who'd probably want a slice too.
    Somehwere close to 25million I'd say for Pogba, 35 million is a bit too much for a guy who's had one season at that level. If he wasn't "apparently unsettled" because of racism or whatever, I'd say we have no chance but in football you never know really! Would wind the Manure fans up something awful as well if it happened!

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic, Pogba, Williams and Adler

I think that'd make a pretty good transfer window!

ReputationRep:
    Also heard of the rumours that Barca want to sell Fabregas?!

OH GOD, IF WE GET HIM BACK :O

ReputationRep:
    Pogba seems to want to move because or the racism so that plus wengers negotiating could get us pogba for less than 20 mil

That pure paper talk. He's comfortable at Juventus, he's about to hold a permanent place in the first 11 in an excellent team that dominates Italy. There's no way he's going to leave.

A player who we are going to sign is 22 year old Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier, Wenger would never state his intentions in the press, increasing interest in a player, unless he knew it was a done deal.

"We are following him," Wenger told Telefoot.

"His intelligence of play pleases me. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri."

Lyon are trying to balance the books and he has one year left on contract, we could get a very good deal for this guy.

ReputationRep:

I've seen the Sunday Mirror or w/e report that he's unsettled. After scouring Italian sources for something along those lines, I can't find a thing. Regarding abuse towards Pogba, there's been just one incident: Meggiorini saying something in the tunnel and this was during the Turin derby some time ago. Wouldn't take him this long to come out as unsettled. In fact, the club are ready to sit down with him to discuss an extension to 2017 and an increase in wages to 2.5m a season, according to Tuttosport anyway.

Juve have no need to sell, Pogba doesn't seem to be pushing for a move. Conte has highlighted him as a key player alongside players like Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo, Buffon, Chiellini etc which says a lot about what they think of him there, not to mention changing a formation that yielded an unbeaten season just to accomodate him.

I honestly don't see 15m getting him at all.

ReputationRep:
    pogba looks like he will become what diaby was meant to become, as long as hes not injured cant see why not because the guy is athletic, has an amazing long shot and can pass. Juventus were talking about him being the long term replacement for pirlo but I reckon he will become a viera type player. Hes just turned 20 so cant see any reason for juve to sell him any sell than 25mill but the italians will probably hold out for 30+

ReputationRep:
    cant see why Pogba would leave Juve for us, after he had such a disspointing time in English football and since he's actually made a breakthrough in Italy. Wenger has been tracking him for years so no doubt hed have offered him a contract last summer, which presumably Pogba rejected then.

Mignolet is a transfer that looks likely though. He's probably one of the top 3 GKs in England atm so wouldnt complain(plus it'd be another Dutch speaker :cool:) If we do sign him then I'd like to see Szczesny go out on loan(possible to Sunderland as part of the deal) so that he can get more games under his belt. He has his doubters but I still think he'll be a top top keeper in 3/4 years time.

Wenger's also confirmed interest in Clément Grenier from Lyon. Could be good to get him in as a long term replacement for Rosicky.

ReputationRep:
    with the players that arsenal are linked with I cant see us challenging for the title next season, unless we buy rooney and fabregas

ReputationRep:
    Silly season has definitely started now, **** me

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in search of a good laugh - silly tottenham fan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_hE...=youtube_gdata

ReputationRep:
    arsenal womens team win the FA-cup!

3-0..

Very comfortable game, experiance showed all the way through, far more settled then the young bristol team...

(and who says there has been no new trophies at the emirates?)

ReputationRep:
    We just need to start winning that champions league. Gutted Wolfsburg did us in the semis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    We just need to start winning that champions league. Gutted Wolfsburg did us in the semis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3 semis in a row... not bad, but yes - just havent managed to take it to the next level in the last few years..

ReputationRep:
    What are you people on talking about signing Pogba?

You lot that bored already. Silly season doesn't even excuse this level of....... whatever this is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    arsenal womens team win the FA-cup!

3-0..

Very comfortable game, experiance showed all the way through, far more settled then the young bristol team...

(and who says there has been no new trophies at the emirates?)
    :laugh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.