Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_smith969)
    Why don't graduates stick the the graduate courses and stop making it impossible for undergrads to get into a undergrad course. How do you expect an undergrad to compete with a grad???????
    Bitter much? I wish I had applied to a100 as well as a101 just to get on your nerves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coco212)
    Wait really? I thought they were going to continue giving out offers until Friday? And will it be at 430 again??
    Yes, I think there is definitely a possibility that they might be giving some offers out very very soon now, i.e., today

ReputationRep:
    I just called RE: A101 - they said we'll be hearing "within this week"
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Just called admission - offers are not in particular order - confirmed :L

Hope it's really the case

ReputationRep:
    How many places do Barts have for a100 medicine each year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouOnlyYoloOnce)
    Roughly 550?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouOnlyYoloOnce)
    From the Barts website: "Each year, we make about 500 offers..." so they cannot have more than 500 places.
    The 'Medical School Competition Ratios' page on TSR states that Barts offered 276 places for A100, 2013 entry.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_ratios

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring_Doctor)
    From the Barts website: "Each year, we make about 500 offers..." so they cannot have more than 500 places.
    The 'Medical School Competition Ratios' page on TSR states that Barts offered 276 places for A100, 2013 entry.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_ratios
    Perfect, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Please Barts, get back to us today

ReputationRep:
    Good luck people.

ReputationRep:
    Any news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandyy1234)
    Any news?
    It's not normally till around half 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    Guys, are there any graduates like me who have not heard anything yet? (I felt my interview went well and I'll be really upset if I didn't get some positive news)

Admissions had told me that they are not sending offers in an order, but then why is it that when there are offers we see a batch of students (i.e graduates, school leavers, and re-applicants)? Really confusing!
    I think they're going to better marks from the interview to lower ones! Not entirely sure though but it's my best guess

ReputationRep:
    For all the first year applicants, are you going to put an insurance down on UCAS aside from medicine in case you do not meet the requirements? I only have an offer from barts but haven't finished A levels yet and so could anyone else in the same boat share what they are doing? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choudhury)
    I think they're going to better marks from the interview to lower ones! Not entirely sure though but it's my best guess
    That's a complete guess, that is actually of no use to anyone, as you're making people who haven't heard back feel awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulgrad14)
    That's a complete guess, that is actually of no use to anyone, as you're making people who haven't heard back feel awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry! Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad - i haven't received any news myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulgrad14)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It might not be, a medical student friend of mine at Barts stated the same thing - it could be true.

(Original post by choudhury)
    What's your background? Are you a graduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    It might not be, a medical student friend of mine at Barts stated the same thing - it could be true.

What's your background? Are you a graduate?
    Yes it /could/ be true but what could also be true is they're picking people on whether their interview finished on an odd number of the minute or an even..

These could all be true but Id rather not be told something with literally no known knowledge behind it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got the rejection on track, it updated at 16.43.

I'm not too worried, i had three interviews this year so I only have to work on my interview skills really.

I'm a graduate by the way, oh and this is for the A100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    Just got the rejection on track, it updated at 16.43.

I'm not too worried, i had three interviews this year so I only have to work on my interview skills really.

I'm a graduate by the way, oh and this is for the A100.
    Urh. Me too, here comes the gap year...

You had any offers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.