Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normandi)
    May I ask did the rejection come before 8 week email or during ur wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i got the 8 week email, then the Christmas two week email, then the 4 week email. this was my second week of the 4 week email!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Yes, you passed the first stage.

Yes, you passed the first stage.

But surely the people that applied in October and the like would have got the 8 week emails ect? I haven't heard of anyone being rejected before the 2 week email?

I'm unsure wether to be mildly pleased I got past the initial stage or be indifferent as they send it to everyone.
    Regardless good luck all!

ps sorry for double quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnolia123)
    But surely the people that applied in October and the like would have got the 8 week emails ect? I haven't heard of anyone being rejected before the 2 week email?

I'm unsure wether to be mildly pleased I got past the initial stage or be indifferent as they send it to everyone.
    Regardless good luck all!

ps sorry for double quote.
    I've seen at least one person in this thread rejected before the 8 week email. It's just a check to see if your predicted grades meet the entry reqs, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen at least one person in this thread rejected before the 8 week email. It's just a check to see if your predicted grades meet the entry reqs, I think.
    Yeah the 8 week is just to double check that you aren't a London met candidate

ReputationRep:
    All you January applicants only getting your eight week emails now... I applied the beginning of October for BA Government and am still waiting for a decision, after about 16 weeks of endless emails... Be prepared for a LONG wait...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for E&EH.

Second week of the 8+2+4 period.

Grades: 43/45(IB) predicted (4x HL: Maths(6), Phy(7), Econ(7), Eng-B(7) , 2x SL: B&M(7), Lang-lit(6) + 3 core points)

Lets just say that I've had better Fridays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ95)
    What's your subject combination?
    Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubb16)
    All you January applicants only getting your eight week emails now... I applied the beginning of October for BA Government and am still waiting for a decision, after about 16 weeks of endless emails... Be prepared for a LONG wait...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheesh I can imagine the wait has been terrible. I know I've constantly checked my emails and I only applied in Jan. Guess I'll prepare for worst hope for best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubb16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I second this. I applied in September and I'm still waiting for a decision for PPE. They really know how to test your patience!

ReputationRep:
    Any economic history offers?
    & if so, what were your predicted grades?☺️
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A and F news anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the economics dept give out like 1 place for e+eh in 2013?

ReputationRep:
    It has been 13 weeks since the 8 week email and I haven't received a rejection/offer/4 week email. What happens!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyNow)
    It has been 13 weeks since the 8 week email and I haven't received a rejection/offer/4 week email. What happens!
    That seems odd, check your spam folder and the email that was on your UCAS form, failing that email them directly as they are supposed to contact you regularly with updates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyNow)
    Same thing happened to me for the two week email. 5 weeks after I got my 2 week email I got an email from LSE saying that they had some error and then got my 8 week email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics
    What did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How does LSE count the 4 week email because I received mine one week before my 2 week email was supposed to end.
    Should I count the 4 weeks from the day I received the email or one week later?

ReputationRep:
    Got an email asking for further info (post A-Level). My heart dropped when I saw an LSE email (on a Friday of all days!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What further info is it that they enquired about? I'm also sort of a post A-level applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VedikaA)
    Same thing happened to me for the two week email. 5 weeks after I got my 2 week email I got an email from LSE saying that they had some error and then got my 8 week email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That happened to me as well. And now all again, I am going crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puffin Boffin)
    That seems odd, check your spam folder and the email that was on your UCAS form, failing that email them directly as they are supposed to contact you regularly with updates.
    I've checked and still nothing. Should I email them or just wait.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.