Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    azpi -> luis ; 0.5m in bank

or

Pelle -> Berahino & Azpi -> Baines ; 1.2 in bank; -4 hit. This one would get me better prepared to get haz or walcott in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Yes in real football, but in FPL surely the overall points at the end of the season is a better indicator of how well you did. You could have some guy that keeps beating the top players coincidentally when they have a bad week and could be top of the H2H. Wouldn't say that's a very accurate way of determining FPL success.

Not being bitter lol I'm doing alright on my H2H.
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    For me, the overall score is a bit like goal difference. Whilst it is a good indicator of how good your team is generally it doesn't really matter. You can only beat who is put in front of you and H2H is a better measure of consistency. I can see why people prefer classic but I think H2H is just more exciting because halfway through the season, anyone can still win it whereas in classic you can basically rule out half the table by January. I am 17th in classic league and 2nd in H2H Div A at 3 points off the lead. Arguably biased but I have said this for a while

oh yes of course - in general you would expect somebody at the top of a classic league to be at/near the top of a H2H league, but as alex doran says, the points aren't strictly points in this instance.

i think the comparison to GD is excellent tbh; you would expect that the team with the highest GD come the end of the season would be at the top, but is that always the case?

in my H2H league i am on the same points as somebody (6 wins, 2 losses) yet he has a score of 475 but i only have 425.
    that's why H2H is exciting - he would be miles clear of me in a classic league yet we're equal in a H2H one.

(Original post by jam277)
    So H2H isn't a matter of consistency? :lol:

It is exactly the same way you win a league title. You face all the teams and accurately determine you were better than them.
    precisely - you may have a terrible week but if your opponent is worse you may still come out with the points.

QPR may be terrible in general weeks, losing 4-0 all over the place to opponents playing at 6/10 capacity.
    they come up against liverpool playing 6/10 capacity and suddenly they don't lose 4-0, they narrowly lose 3-2.
    it's all relative to who you are facing in that exact week and how well each team is playing.

for me it's more fun because you have a clear opponent.
    you're against one single person rather than 100 others in the league.
    you can compare which players you both have, which ones haven't played yet and get nervous about a certain player scoring that you don't have but they do.

Whilst true, the difference in FPL is that you pick a team every week with the aim of scoring the maximum potential points. You don't set up your team every week to beat your H2H opponent, unless you solely play H2H and not classic. For almost everyone their H2H result is a by-product of their weekly score, either they happen to do better than their randomly assigned opponent or they don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    this is probably the best argument against H2H.
    in a general league, you know who you are facing and you can set up your team accordingly.
    in a fantasy H2H league you just need to focus on your own team and maximise your score.
    in that sense it isn't the same as a real life league, but it's pretty much as close as you can get.

ReputationRep:
    i'm really hating welbeck.
    had such high hopes for him but he's really not doing anything and it's really annoying.

for a striker he's cheap though and i'm debating whether to stand by him, swap to somebody like pelle, or downgrade back to ulloa
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Same here. I fully expect him to start though.
    Not in the squad. Collect those 7 points my friend

ReputationRep:
    no costa.. meaning the berahino swap worked like a charm and gained me 7pts

Will keep an eye on if he comes back next week, otherwise will try and put aguaro in, probably sacraficing stirling

ReputationRep:
    no costa is a shame but at least i have jedinak coming in who got some nice points yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i'm really hating welbeck.
    had such high hopes for him but he's really not doing anything and it's really annoying.

for a striker he's cheap though and i'm debating whether to stand by him, swap to somebody like pelle, or downgrade back to ulloa
    With the upcoming fixtures, he's going out for berhinio for me. Then take a point hit to go sterling to sanchez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    With the upcoming fixtures, he's going out for berhinio for me. Then take a point hit to go sterling to sanchez.
    berahino is excellent but west brom are "meh"
    welbeck is "meh" but arsenal can be excellent
    that's my problem

EDIT: jesus christ, he's only 5.8m
    ulloa or berahino then
    screw you welbeck

welbeck to barahino
    sterling to sanchez (point hit)
    no liverpool players :'(

ReputationRep:
    Will Jose play Costa next week against QPR even if he is fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    did ivanovic lose 3 points for the red but gain 4 points for a clean sheet?
    he wasn't playing when they conceded - did he gain a point for being sent off?:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    he wasn't playing when they conceded - did he gain a point for being sent off?:lolwut:
    Yes lol

Or maybe not because the sending off and the goal happened in the same minute?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    He got -1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    If you concede after you've been sent off you lose your clean sheet.

ReputationRep:
    If you get sent off, you always lose the CS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asr11)
    He got -1.
    Yes lol

Or maybe not because the sending off and the goal happened in the same minute?
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    If you concede after you've been sent off you lose your clean sheet.
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    If you get sent off, you always lose the CS
    conflicting responses here guys
    personally i don't care since i don't have a chelsea defender, although it would be harsh for him to have "gained" a point on other chelsea defenders for being sent off.

RIP people with chelsea defenders
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That Ivanovic card/late goal has certainly ruined a fair few peoples GW.

I'll have 47pts when Chambers gets subbed in, been a very poor week for me.

ReputationRep:
    2 Baps for Fabregas though :lol:

I'll be on 40...so dire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That Ivanovic card/late goal has certainly ruined a fair few peoples GW.

I'll have 47pts when Chambers gets subbed in, been a very poor week for me.
    i'll have 39...:rolleyes:

at least i still have hutton to play tomorrow - hattrick pls.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    conflicting responses here guys
    personally i don't care since i don't have a chelsea defender, although it would be harsh for him to have "gained" a point on other chelsea defenders for being sent off.

RIP people with chelsea defenders
    From the FPL site:

If a player receives a red card, they will continue to be penalised for goals conceded by their team.
    So Ivanovic does lose CS.

Burnley v Everton - There was no assist for the Lukaku goal as the opportunity was created when his original shot was blocked.
    For anyone concerned
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i'll have 39...:rolleyes:

at least i still have hutton to play tomorrow - hattrick pls.
    He should keep a clean sheet at least.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.