Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    I would rather live inside a Nigerian hippopotamus' rectum, feeding off it's faeces for life, than live in Coventry. It would less violent, more aesthetically pleasing, and I would be surrounding by more intelligent organisms.
    You can't assume that people who live in Coventry are less intelligent than the rest of us. Also isn't Warwick one of your choices? I'm pretty sure it's in Coventry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puffin Boffin)
    I'm from Caerleon lol! I guess theres a few of us Newport guys going to study economics!!!
    Lol thats 3/8 high schools in Newport. Arguably the best 3 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Lol thats 3/8 high schools in Newport. Arguably the best 3 😄
    Lol where are you headed I've firmed LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    You can't assume that people who live in Coventry are less intelligent than the rest of us. Also isn't Warwick one of your choices? I'm pretty sure it's in Coventry...
    I lived in Coventry when I was at Warwick. It seem kind of I dunno, like it's a step behind the rest of the country. Tbh it's not much worse than Leicester but those are easily the two worst cities I've been to in Europe/America by some way imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahrheit)
    I lived in Coventry when I was at Warwick. It seem kind of I dunno, like it's a step behind the rest of the country. Tbh it's not much worse than Leicester but those are easily the two worst cities I've been to in Europe/America by some way imo
    I can see what you mean, I've never actually been to Coventry but I've been to Leicester and it's not very exciting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puffin Boffin)
    Lol where are you headed I've firmed LSE?
    Nice! I'm not sure yet, got offers from Bath, Bristol,Bham & invite to UCL open day, still waiting on LSE :P Atm it's between UCL , Bath or Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Those of you who get UCL replies in the last couple of days, did your portico update before hand or was it on application received until you got the reply?

ReputationRep:
    Really confused with what uni to firm!Bristol or Nottingham(If I don't get an offer from Warwick)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPD96)
    Those of you who get UCL replies in the last couple of days, did your portico update before hand or was it on application received until you got the reply?
    Still on application received mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Really confused with what uni to firm!Bristol or Nottingham(If I don't get an offer from Warwick)
    Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    Bristol
    Well I've applied for Economics and finance at Bristol.On results day,(if I chose Bristol),I might switch for the straight Economics course using UCAS adjustment.Nottingham's ranking though!I might go for the open days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPD96)
    Portico hasn't changed , neither has ucas track. They contact you via email

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    I hope so too
    What are your stats btw?
    8 A*s, 3 As GCSE, AAAB at AS (maths, economics, biology, chemistry), plus A in EPQ. Predicted A*A*A.

Got an offer from Warwick, they've been so weird as people with better stats than me got rejected :confused::confused:
    Not complaining though!

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Well I've applied for Economics and finance at Bristol.On results day,(if I chose Bristol),I might switch for the straight Economics course using UCAS adjustment.Nottingham's ranking though!I might go for the open days!
    One of my friends is an investment banker and before I applied I asked him which was better between Bristol and Nottingham. He said Nottingham was 100% better. Obviously this only applies if that's the kind of career path you want to follow

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as though this is about 2015 Econ applications - could anyone help with my Econ-course related question?: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...995&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HBS_34)
    8 A*s, 3 As GCSE, AAAB at AS (maths, economics, biology, chemistry), plus A in EPQ. Predicted A*A*A.

Got an offer from Warwick, they've been so weird as people with better stats than me got rejected :confused::confused:
    Not complaining though!

What about you?
    GCSE: 5a* 7a
    AS: 4As
    A2 Predicted: 3A*

Warwick have been insanely popular this year. 10:1 offer rate?!

ReputationRep:
    I think Warwick/UCL have started giving out loads more offers lately since most Oxbridge guys have rejected them already.

ReputationRep:
    UCL vs LSE?

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly in the same situation. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreoenthusiast)
    UCL vs LSE?
    LSE, without a doubt.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.