Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayan97)
    The effects of light intensity specifically bolded the word biochemically, so I believe you were supposed to talk about more photons as light intensity increases but the elector acceptors/carriers in the electron transport chain can only take so many electrons -- kind of how when more substrates added when all the enzymes occupied

Also, when they were asking us to identify K, it was definitely error bars there was something similar in an f215 paper in roughly 2012/2011 if I remember correctly
    I wrote standard deviation bars just to be on the safe side..

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Have I missed the ideas on grade boundaries? Sorry if people have asked before!

Well done for today everyone. Put so much effort into memorising all the respiration processes and photosynthesis and it didn't even come up so have neglected F215 a bit. Aaaaargh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    can somebody please teach me f215 on skype? it will help you too loool please
    If you wanted to go through some things then sure! I prefer IM to speaking though tbh bc I'm self conscious abt my voice hehe

ReputationRep:
    Hey in regards to this question Why insulin continues to be released (2) - I think it may be because the fact that although the person stopped their intake of glucose, glucose levels in the blood are still high, blood glucose concentrations are still high so insulin is still needed to convert glucose -> glycogen (glycogenesis) etc? What do you think?

Also the shivering Q - a quick google search approved that shivering whilst having a fever is a type of positive feedback - moving further away from optimum and making the body heat up even more so.

ReputationRep:
    guys im kinda confused on where the stages of respiration take place, idk whether i got 1 mark or full marks

can someone draw mitochondria and label it like the one in the exam to show where each stage takes place?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer with red blood cells?

Bone Marrow and stem cells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mybutton jammed)
    guys im kinda confused on where the stages of respiration take place, idk whether i got 1 mark or full marks

can someone draw mitochondria and label it like the one in the exam to show where each stage takes place?

thanks
    glycolysis was W I think whatever was the outside
    krebs and link was matrix, inside the mitochondria
    oxidative was on the crista bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    What was the answer with red blood cells?

Bone Marrow and stem cells?
    Yup that was it

ReputationRep:

thanks
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2P...ew?usp=sharing
    sorry for the neatness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    glycolysis was W I think whatever was the outside
    krebs and link was matrix, inside the mitochondria
    oxidative was on the crista bit
    Name:  20150608_204100.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  362.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    can u see the other picture i just put up i swear it looked like that lol

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Has anyone predicted grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    sorry for the rotated image

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyanchxr)
    44/60 last year would be an A and the year before that would be a B, so I wouldn't worry too much
    I was hoping to come out with a strong 50 in that exam but the excretion question messed me up big time :/

ReputationRep:
    can u see the other picture i just put up i swear it looked like that lol
    Haven't seen it but that's definitely right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gro96)
    Haven't seen it but that's definitely right

did the diagram not look like this lol? i swear i think im going blind haha

ReputationRep:

did the diagram not look like this lol? i swear i think im going blind haha
    Yeah thats wrong, just Krebs is also in the m.matrix ( same as link )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gro96)
    Yeah thats wrong, just Krebs is also in the m.matrix ( same as link )
    wait but that means i got the oxidative and glycolysis right, if i had mixed up the words for krebs cycle and link reaction does that matter?

ReputationRep:
    So now we have all seen the unofficial mark scheme what is the grade boundary for an A looking like? Like last year 41? Or higher at 46(June 2013)?

ReputationRep:
    wait but that means i got the oxidative and glycolysis right, if i had mixed up the words for krebs cycle and link reaction does that matter?
    exact qu: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2P...ew?usp=sharing
    They are the only right answers so for each you get wrong you lose a mark, looks like you got 3/4

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.