Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

Sorry you're feeling so bad. Could you try to get some sleep maybe?

:console: I find that when I have nothing to do I tend to drop into misery really quickly. Maybe when you have days off see if you can organise things to do to keep you busy? :hugs:

:hugs: for everybody. I was social and went to see rent with some uni people and it was totally worth getting dressed for. I may be watching the film later tonight because I had forgotten how much I love it as a musical.
    Thanks. Just taken mirtaz so we will see. very distressed though. I will probably end up sobbing myself into exhaustion. How are you? Glad you had a nice evening :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Thanks. Just taken mirtaz so we will see. very distressed though. I will probably end up sobbing myself into exhaustion. How are you? Glad you had a nice evening :hugs:
    I do miss the sleep mirtaz gives. :hugs:
    I'm okay. Still a bit worried about everything and so on but right now I feel generally okay so that's good.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, how long have you been on the mirtazapine?

ReputationRep:
    I want a bath to relax, but the last 2 times I had one I jumped out in fear after a little while.

I've drank something like 5 cups of tea today just to try and relax. Went for a little walk and petted the cat.

I can't think of what else I can do. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I do miss the sleep mirtaz gives. :hugs:
    I'm okay. Still a bit worried about everything and so on but right now I feel generally okay so that's good.
    Yeah - I'm currently only on it for sleeping purposes really. Came off it for a while because it did nothing for mood but couldn't sleep a wink so we decided it's worth taking it just so I don't lose my mind to sleep deprivation. Glad you are relatively okay - I honestly read your posts in awe, I just don't know how you do it. I hope you're able to recognise your resilience and are able to give yourself a massive pat on the back for everything you're achieving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Out of interest, how long have you been on the mirtazapine?
    Nearly 5 months now. Really sorry you're having a hard time - with the tea drinking, is it decaf? Just might be worth limiting caffeine consumption because it can have an impact on anxiety levels :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 5 months now. Really sorry you're having a hard time - with the tea drinking, is it decaf? Just might be worth limiting caffeine consumption because it can have an impact on anxiety levels :hugs:
    Ah right, I guess 5 months is still relatively early days with the mirtazapine. I asked because (for some reason) I thought you'd been on it a lot longer and it surprised me that you were still getting so sedated from it.

Thanks for the tip, although I've been drinking very low caffeine white tea all day so I don't think that should cause a problem but it might still be worth cutting down to see if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - I'm currently only on it for sleeping purposes really. Came off it for a while because it did nothing for mood but couldn't sleep a wink so we decided it's worth taking it just so I don't lose my mind to sleep deprivation. Glad you are relatively okay - I honestly read your posts in awe, I just don't know how you do it. I hope you're able to recognise your resilience and are able to give yourself a massive pat on the back for everything you're achieving.
    I totally haven't ever taken it months after coming off it because I needed to sleep :ninja: Going to remember to bring it with me next term because the whole no sleeping thing sucks. It made my mood terrifyingly worse taking it everyday but some times I need to sleep for fourteen hours and then spend the next day raiding the house for sugary food and napping.

Thank you I think a lot of it is that I stopped and let myself deal with how I was feeling etc I would probably not get started again. I have to believe at some point things will be better and I don't want to get to that point and find that I can't do what I want because I gave up on a medical degree from cambridge to go and wallow. I'm behind on work and right now my room is a tip and my diet is terrible but I'm here. I have a vague plan do get through the year and between the mental health services being fairly awesome here and my college throwing all it's resources at me so I don't drop out, this is probably the best place for me to be mental health wise. Plus my mother isn't here.

I know I don't reply to you a lot and it's mostly because I know I couldn't deal with what your going through and sometimes I worry that throwing :jumphugs: over the internet won't help. But seriously, your gp sounds horrible, you're amazing and I hope sleep helps.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, I guess 5 months is still relatively early days with the mirtazapine. I asked because (for some reason) I thought you'd been on it a lot longer and it surprised me that you were still getting so sedated from it.

Thanks for the tip, although I've been drinking very low caffeine white tea all day so I don't think that should cause a problem but it might still be worth cutting down to see if that helps.
    Is the sedation meant to wear off? I haven't noticed any differences so far really. I am so thankful for it though cause uninterrupted I can sleep for about 10 hours which is great when you need time out of your head.
    And sure, tea doesn't have masses of caffeine in it anyway compared to coffee, but just thought I would mention it as it would be rather ironic/annoying if something you were using to keep calmer was actually exacerbating anxiety

I totally haven't ever taken it months after coming off it because I needed to sleep :ninja: Going to remember to bring it with me next term because the whole no sleeping thing sucks. It made my mood terrifyingly worse taking it everyday but some times I need to sleep for fourteen hours and then spend the next day raiding the house for sugary food and napping.

Thank you I think a lot of it is that I stopped and let myself deal with how I was feeling etc I would probably not get started again. I have to believe at some point things will be better and I don't want to get to that point and find that I can't do what I want because I gave up on a medical degree from cambridge to go and wallow. I'm behind on work and right now my room is a tip and my diet is terrible but I'm here. I have a vague plan do get through the year and between the mental health services being fairly awesome here and my college throwing all it's resources at me so I don't drop out, this is probably the best place for me to be mental health wise. Plus my mother isn't here.

I know I don't reply to you a lot and it's mostly because I know I couldn't deal with what your going through and sometimes I worry that throwing :jumphugs: over the internet won't help. But seriously, your gp sounds horrible, you're amazing and I hope sleep helps.
    Yes I totally get you - nothing wrong with it really, and it's better than relying on benzos or sleeping tablets.

:hugs: I think that's the place I've been slowly reaching this year. Last year I got totally absorbed in it and ended up making myself feel worse - whereas I think now if I dropped out I would end up actually feeling more depressed because I would feel like I was in a bit of a rut and had wasted everything. I do have my moments of wanting to lie in bed forever though still but on the whole I feel like I need to get through this. I'm so glad that Cambridge are being relatively supportive of you - it's absolutely essential too if you want to thrive in such a high pressure environment. Keep on going as I know you will, I have no doubt that this will be 100% worth it in the end and you will make an amazing doctor (assuming that's what you want to do!).
    Thanks for the kind words too

ReputationRep:
    So so down about PCOS today, wish it didnt exist. I just want normal hormones, not ****ed up ones. I just sat and cried at valves reply to scary and i dont even know why. I literally want to hide in bed tomorrow but cant, i dont even know if this reads well as im typing throufh tears. I give up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the sedation meant to wear off? I haven't noticed any differences so far really. I am so thankful for it though cause uninterrupted I can sleep for about 10 hours which is great when you need time out of your head.
    And sure, tea doesn't have masses of caffeine in it anyway compared to coffee, but just thought I would mention it as it would be rather ironic/annoying if something you were using to keep calmer was actually exacerbating anxiety
    The sedation of mirtazapine has completely worn off for me (although I have been on it for 5 years). I know it's also meant to be less at higher doses and I'm on the highest so that's something to consider too if you're only taking 15mg. Hope it works for you tonight/continues to

Yeah, I appreciate you mentioning it - it wasn't something I'd considered.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no they're not making sleep worse - I can't sleep without them! Its just they make me feel very sleepy/sedated and if I don't get a long sleep after taking it then I end up feeling absolutely dreadful. How are you doing? :hugs:
    ah okay, hopefully you are doing a bit better today! im okay, sorry for the late reply, been sleeping a lot to catch up

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting horrible visual hallucinations.

s/h

Was shaving this morning and when I looked down I saw blood all over my arm. Only when I shouted for my wife and apologized profusely for slipping up did I realize there was nothing there. It was terrifying and certainly hasn't helped my anxiety.

Anyone got tips for dealing with this? I fall for it every time and it's only once I calm down that things return to normal.

I had similar type of visual hallucinations before, I found the best thing was just getting rid of razors, at least for the time being.

been without antidepressants for two weeks now and struggling, I ran out of my prescription and haven't been able to get an appointment at the doctors and the secretary was being very unhelpful because I couldn't find the repeat prescription form. Hopefully I can get an appointment tomorrow :/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    been without antidepressants for two weeks now and struggling, I ran out of my prescription and haven't been able to get an appointment at the doctors and the secretary was being very unhelpful because I couldn't find the repeat prescription form. Hopefully I can get an appointment tomorrow :/
    If you go in and ask at the desk for a repeat prescription they'll normally just print one out for you there and then, at least at my surgery. You'd still need to get it signed and stuff obviously but if the normal system for that happening is faster than making an appointment then it might still be worth doing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    You won't be annoying! If you want to or it'd help then go for it :hugs:

I can't imagine how hard it would be to be housebound! As hard as it is to go out sometimes I'd go completely mad I think.

I get that too, a lot. I was told not to go back to school last year and ignored it, and to stop several times and not take exams but ignored that too. I've now taken a gap year and get told to get a job and be normal by some people, to just concentrate on working for resits by others, do absolutely nothing by others. I've tried both extremes but neither's helped at all.

It can definitely make it lonely, particularly when everyone else is busy getting on with their lives and you're unable to. It's not something anyone can ever understand without going through it either as you say, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, there are some lovely people on here and on the CFS thread and feel free to message me if you ever want to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I am trying desperately not to go completely insane so I'll be on here for a little moan every now and then thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome to any newbies

Am back in the UK. Voices kicked off on Friday, triggered by my mum :facepalm: Oh well :erm:

ReputationRep:
    The sedation of mirtazapine has completely worn off for me (although I have been on it for 5 years). I know it's also meant to be less at higher doses and I'm on the highest so that's something to consider too if you're only taking 15mg. Hope it works for you tonight/continues to

Yeah, I appreciate you mentioning it - it wasn't something I'd considered.
    Ah okay, that's interesting! I had also heard about the lower the dose, the more sedating. I personally didn't notice a difference between 15mg and 45mg but if I start having problems then I might ask to reduce it - I think people with insomnia can be prescribed 7.5mg? Something to bear in mind anyway, thanks. Hope you're doing okay? :console:

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    ah okay, hopefully you are doing a bit better today! im okay, sorry for the late reply, been sleeping a lot to catch up

No worries, glad you've managed some good sleep :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    So so down about PCOS today, wish it didnt exist. I just want normal hormones, not ****ed up ones. I just sat and cried at valves reply to scary and i dont even know why. I literally want to hide in bed tomorrow but cant, i dont even know if this reads well as im typing throufh tears. I give up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console: :lovehug: Hope you're feeling a bit better about things today, sweetie.

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Welcome to any newbies

Am back in the UK. Voices kicked off on Friday, triggered by my mum :facepalm: Oh well :erm:
    so sorry the voices came back on Friday - hope it didn't spoil your trip too much? :lovehug:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    so sorry the voices came back on Friday - hope it didn't spoil your trip too much? :lovehug:
    Thanks lovely :kissing2: Feeling OK now but kicking myself for letting the voices drag me down and ruin what should have been a really good day Plus my supervisor hasn't replied to my email that I sent on Friday and so I'm convinced that she's either dead or hates me :cry:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.